A Step Towards A Better Commentary Section | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Step Towards A Better Commentary Section

FinHeavenAJ

FinHeaven Lives
Reaction score
As many know, George and I have been working very hard to improve the site in general. After the server upgrade and board optimization (most of which is done :cooldude:) we've decided to tackle the next issue... the commentary section. :shakeno: <-- that best describes the commentary section....

I did some research, and found a couple of solutions...

1. Wait for the forum software, vBulletin, to release such a product. I've been waiting forever for them to release SOMETHING, but all they do is say "it's coming soon..." and it's been that way for about 6 months. I've decided not to wait, and go down a different path.

2. Ask someone else to code it... I'd get exactly what I want but at a premium cost... that idea is NIXED.

3. VirtuaNews - http://purchase.virtuanews.co.uk
Ok, so not many people would really know what that entire site means, but I figure why not include it. I really liked this program, has great reviews and is somewhat popular among the vBulletin community. The cost is somewhat steep ($100, $40/year there after).

4. evoArticles - http://www.evo-dev.com
This is the solution I went with... first, I liked it because it was built by a group of people over at SitePoint, a site that I frequent for help and such. (Also a great site for general computing help!). The script was selling at $250, but to SitePoint members he was selling it for $97 with a 30 day money-back guarantee! It was too good to pass up... and I got it.

Now, to the programmers (or cheap skates out there :lol:) you're gonna ask... why did you pay for something that you can get for free? The answer is simple... I reviewed many programs. Many things that are free come with a WHOLE BUNCHA CRAP that we simply don't need. All I want is a commentary script, which this program is. Furthermore, it's written VERY well.

So, right now... I bought the product, and I'm waiting for a download link. Hopefully this works out for us, and we'll have a new commentary section in a week or so. If not, nothing is lost but a couple of hours... and we get our money back...

That's the update for now...

Sincerely,
Andrew Tatum

Cool, it looks like you've got this stuff licked. I wouldn't even know where to begin. :lol: :up:

Back
Top Bottom