A surprise pick at #19 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A surprise pick at #19

utahphinsfan

Club Member
Reaction score
Hageman (DL Minnesota). He is better than Francis & Aaitui.

RH is versatile. He could be an NT, 5 technique (3-4 DE), & 4-3 DT

Odrick, Hageman, Starks, Shelby, & Mitchell would rotate as the down linemen. Wake, Misi, Jordan, Ellerbe, & Vernon as the LB w/ Jenkins and Wheeler off the bench.

The personnel listed above would allow for multiple looks/schemes/formation i.e. like the 3-5-3 Wanny used once or twice to perplex Brady

After two major FA signings at DT, I do not see the pick being on the DL.

I think the "surprise" could be the pick being a LB and not a RT or OG.

If Ebron is there, that obviously that could be the pick.

This guy has bust written all over him. There is no denying his ability, but he really needs alot of work.

I love Ra'Shede but he's much better suited for a 3-4. We don't need to draft a 3-4 guy for our 4-3 b2b years.

My surprise would be drafting Benjamin and converting him to TE. I think he'd make a much better TE. It won't happen but food for thought.

Hageman disappears way too much and in big spots for my taste.

Hageman reminds me a former Phin, Daryl Gardner....all world talent, minimal motor and disappears far too often. I'd rather take a LB, WR, CB or S.....or trade down! I wouldn't mind trading to the top of the 2nd with one of those teams wanting to come back up for a QB if they slip. Lots of great talent in Round 2. 19 is usually too high for that with those teams usually targeting mid 20's, but you never know.

I couldn't see a dline men with the top pick. No dline, RB, or QB. Every other position is possible. I like ebron if we can't get Zach Martin

No no no. No more d-line picks. It is likely the best unit on this team by far.

I understand BPA in the first round, but we have 2 definite starters on the Oline and a lot of question marks.

I'd be into Hageman there. If he's there at 19 you gotta think he's bpa or at least very very close.

Personally, I have a good feeling Kyle Fuller will be bpa at 19. We should take him, imo, which some might consider 'surprise'. Though I don't think the FO would do this given all the recent investments in the position.

I'd pass on him, I would look at the o-line, LB, or WR at 19.

I wouldn't put CB out of the question. There's a group of 5 guys that are legitimate 1st RD CB's (imo). Verrett reminds me a lot of Grimes, but he's a better athlete. I don't know the status of his injury, but I can see Miami's DB coaches seeing a better version of Grimes (who has thrived in their system). Wouldn't surprise me. If Ryan Shazier is there, I think that's the easiest pick you can make. This is a guy that makes drive changing plays and game changing plays on a consistent basis, and he's one of the most athletic LB's of the last 10 years. After Clowney and Robinson are off the board, I wouldn't fault any team for drafting Shazier. And he takes on blocks much better than people give him credit for. He can play Mike.

I have seen a lot of mocks showing Hageman going to the Patriots late in the 1st round.

nothing like a poor fit top pick...and convert benjamin to tight end when he doesnt play wr even with any physicality :bobdole:

Kyle Fuller or Hasean Dix wouldn't be out of the question. If Anthony Barr fell that far he could be another Dion. I honestly think we're trading down with the Browns or Saints.

Back
Top Bottom