a thought to chew on.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

a thought to chew on....

Doktor Ivel

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I really don't want to start another Ricky thread, but I feel that this is important topic. There are people on here that wan't Ricky back, and there are people who think we should draft a Runningback.
Well, I thought, hows a way we could do both?..........and heres what I came up with.
Ricky Williams played fullback in college. What if we drafted a runingback, such as Cedrick Benson, or Ronnie Brown, and played them at halfback, while Ricky Williams, would start at fullback?
In order for this to work, Ricky would have to put his weight back on, i think that it would be easy for him.....it's easier to gain weight, than lose it in most cases.
I also relize that we have Heath Evans. He could rotate in with Ricky, or be a great back up. Hasnt Evans played Halfback before?

many of you may laugh at this, but it's just a thought, and please take it into consideration, before flamming me.

Why do you make such threads as these?

Doktor Ivel said:
I really don't want to start another Ricky thread, but I feel that this is important topic. There are people on here that wan't Ricky back, and there are people who think we should draft a Runningback.
Well, I thought, hows a way we could do both?..........and heres what I came up with.
Ricky Williams played fullback in college. What if we drafted a runingback, such as Cedrick Benson, or Ronnie Brown, and played them at halfback, while Ricky Williams, would start at fullback?
In order for this to work, Ricky would have to put his weight back on, i think that it would be easy for him.....it's easier to gain weight, than lose it in most cases.
I also relize that we have Heath Evans. He could rotate in with Ricky, or be a great back up. Hasnt Evans played Halfback before?

many of you may laugh at this, but it's just a thought, and please take it into consideration, before flamming me.

Good Idea

Doktor Ivel said:

:jawdrop: wow.....thats all i have to say to that, lol.

I dont think we could pay Ricky and Benson or Brown.That would cost to much.

Doktor Ivel said:

I don't even know where to begin so I'll hit upon the most important part that will make this scenerio not likely.

Our 2nd overall pick will cost about 15 Million to sign
Ricky has a contract, if he resumes at his old salary, of around 5 million dollars/yr if I recall correctly. That's a huge chunk of our salary cap tied up in the running game when you consider the salary of Gordon and Evans.

i think its a good idea but its hard to trust that pot head again i dont want to like him again cause i dont want my hopes to be wrecked again. but i think he might come back cause his whole reason for leaving has been cleared up cause he wont be over worked at all in a wide open offense. but can u imagine two major threats like reicky and brown in the back feild at the same time. but i think if we were to get a running back if ricky was fulback it would be a runningback like caddy so its like lightning and thunder in the back field and not just thunder and thunder.

Celtkin said:
I don't even know where to begin so I'll hit upon the most important part that will make this scenerio not likely.

Our 2nd overall pick will cost about 15 Million to sign
Ricky has a contract, if he resumes at his old salary, of around 5 million dollars/yr if I recall correctly. That's a huge chunk of our salary cap tied up in the running game when you consider the salary of Gordon and Evans.
-
we would prolly release like 3 running backs

lilcubanphinfan said:
i think its a good idea but its hard to trust that pot head again i dont want to like him again cause i dont want my hopes to be wrecked again. but i think he might come back cause his whole reason for leaving has been cleared up cause he wont be over worked at all in a wide open offense. but can u imagine two major threats like reicky and brown in the back feild at the same time. but i think if we were to get a running back if ricky was fulback it would be a runningback like caddy so its like lightning and thunder in the back field and not just thunder and thunder.
yea.

I chewed a little on that thought. It tastes like crap.

Ricky Williams weighs about 185 right now. I don't know how many times we have to say this.

He is nowhere near playing shape.

It would be sweet of this does happen but everybody knows it wont happen.

Back
Top Bottom