A Trip Down Memory Lane... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Trip Down Memory Lane...

I stumbled across this on Youtube and watched it. I wanted to post it to show some of our younger posters who were not blessed to see one of the greatest passers of all time and for some of us old-timers to walk down memory lane. It's a shame we never did enough to get this man a ring. Pay attention to how quickly he makes a decision and throws lasers to the receivers. His accuracy is AMAZING and how effortlessly he throws the deep ball. His movement in the pocket and feel for pressure was second to none.
Man, I miss seeing this every weekend and it was actually a little saddening to watch for me. Those of us watching back then took this for granted and we now see how hard it is to reproduce. What a waste of a GREAT QB!

I apologize for the quality some of it's grainy, but I didn't make it.

Thank you so much, brother. Couldn't get through it. My memory of Marino is so tightly bound to the memory of my father and I didn't want to begin my morning drowning in tears. But thank you. Great share.

MIA

10-8-89 in miami vs cleveland

MIA

11-15-98 at carolina

Sadly i didnt get to see any masterful performances, even though i was so young for the first game all i remembered is a bunch of browns fans being an asshole to this 10 year old kid.

I did get to see this masterpiece from run ricky run tho 11-19-2009 in carolina

22-119 yards 2 tds, 46 longest (my dad was going nuts for that one (even tho hes a pats fan) 2 catches for 19 and a td

so they are 3-0 in games i've attended, going to try to make the carolina in miami game in 2021

MIA

10-8-89 in miami vs cleveland

MIA

11-15-98 at carolina

Sadly i didnt get to see any masterful performances, even though i was so young for the first game all i remembered is a bunch of browns fans being an ******* to this 10 year old kid.

I did get to see this masterpiece from run ricky run tho 11-19-2009 in carolina

22-119 yards 2 tds, 46 longest (my dad was going nuts for that one (even tho hes a pats fan) 2 catches for 19 and a td

so they are 3-0 in games i've attended, going to try to make the carolina in miami game in 2021
I remember that Williams game. Wasn’t that the year he came back after being gone w retirement, suspension and injuries and rushed for over 1,000?

I haven't read this whole thread so I apologize if this has been posted previously. There are many old Dolphins games from the 80's and 90's (and 2000's) posted on Youtube. Most of the games are in their entirety and some still have the commercial breaks. I frequently play them on the laptop while washing dishes (I don't dread the dishwashing time as much this way). My wife and daughters don't understand it, but it makes the time pass faster.

Through this I got to rewatch some of my favorite Dolphins games ever (Miami at Buffalo in 1992, Miami at Buffalo in 1993, Bengals vs Dolphins on MNF in 1991, Dolphins at Bears 1991, Bears at Dolphins in 2002-the all aqua game,etc.). I also got to watch some Dolphins game I had never seen before (Bears vs Dolphins on MNF in 1985). The 1985 game is posted by the NFL. The others are posted by other Youtube members. The quality varies. There are some obscure Dolphins games such as games vs the Bucs in 1988, etc.

I also was able to go back and watch different Super bowl games such as Super Bowl 32 (my favorite Super Bowl--and IMHO the best- of my lifetime).

The old Dolphins games from the early 1990's hold a special place for me because I remember watching many of those with my dad. We rarely got to see Miami play. We didn't have cable and we lived in PA, so it was a rare treat to see Miami unless they were on MNF. We also would see them if the Steelers were on a bye or had a night game and Miami was in a high profile game (like the games against Buffalo).

Last edited:
he missed 04, 06 and most of 07. I remember that game best because of the Ricky Run and Carolinas coaching was pure **** which cost them the game. But man it was a thursday night game, and the drunks were a plenty, the fog was so heavy i missed my exit onto the bypass and was driving around shitty parts of charlotte at like midnight. think i finally got home and to bed around 2 because i had to take my dad and grandpa home.

he missed 04, 06 and most of 07. I remember that game best because of the Ricky Run and Carolinas coaching was pure **** which cost them the game. But man it was a thursday night game, and the drunks were a plenty, the fog was so heavy i missed my exit onto the bypass and was driving around ****ty parts of charlotte at like midnight. think i finally got home and to bed around 2 because i had to take my dad and grandpa home.
He scored on that 46 yarder, IIRC. Dragged the DB on his back the last 4-5 yards. It was vintage Ricky. He really was a great player. Great natural, powerful runner w vision, fluidity, power and speed. Devastating blocker and pretty good receiver too.

He scored on that 46 yarder, IIRC. Dragged the DB on his back the last 4-5 yards. It was vintage Ricky. He really was a great player. Great natural, powerful runner w vision, fluidity, power and speed. Devastating blocker and pretty good receiver too.
Man what I wouldn't give for us to have another back like him paired with a good QB!

It’s interesting how ahead of the curve he was w his use of marijuana to deal w pain vs taking opioids. He lost prime years off his career as a result.
He's into the holistic approach to healing your mind and body. If you raise the subject with him, he won't stop talking about it, trust me I know... lol

Back
Top Bottom