A true 1 wr!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A true 1 wr!!!!

dolphinsbshaw72

Practice Squad
Reaction score
Now i don't clame to be a football wizard. but i have been watching football for a very long time now. And imo here's what a 1 wr would do for this team. If we have a wr that always demands double teams its would open up our passing and running game. It would be a pick your poison type of offense. You double team our 1 wr and that leaves Ginn one on one with that speed running down the field. You try to take our long ball away by doubling Ginn and our 1 wr kill's you. Plus that leaves Bess,Hartline,Camarillo wide open across the middle. And certainly you can't forget about Brown and Williams. Teams can't stack the box on us anymore because if the did they ball goes right over there heads. This team the past 2 years has had to grind out wins in the 4th quarter with there running game. But could you imagine if we could score fast,often and actually use running the ball at the end of games like it should be used. To close out games with a big lead and brake the spirits of our opponents. All it takes is a true 1 wr imo. So i say the pick is Dez Bryant at 12. If he isn't there then i would take Earl Thomas. If both are gone then i say they take the bpa imo :up:

i do feel a WR will help us alot, but so will a NT, LB, FS, etc. honestly, we could have posts about "Here's what a ballhawk FS can do...Here's what an Elite pass rushing OLB can do, here's what a dominating NT can do", etc. we are at a position where a player of need will most likely be there for us to take at 12, whether it is Bryant, Thomas, Graham, etc wont be decided until 4/22

I hear ya.. But i still think a 1 wr would add more pionts and more wins.. NT,LB,FS would help our defense but unless they are running int's back for td's i dont see what your trying to get at. Even if we are getting people off the field and giving our offense more chances. If we can't score points and keep up with the elite teams it won't matter! But on another note you are right about a player of need. Who ever we get at that spot will be good for us and should be an impact player for us.

Dez Bryant defnitely would open up our passing game and it also would probably improve our running attack as defenses couldn't cheat up. I think our 12th pick has to be Bryant, E. Thomas or Graham. I could also live with CJ Spiller if he were to drop down to us. Anyone else and we would probably be better off trading down and going after DeMaryius Thomas or someone we can grab between #15 and #20.

we just have different draft philosophies in 2010. I'm in the camp that wants to improve our bad D through the draft and allow the O to improve through maturation. I see what you mean about being able to keep up with other teams, but i wouldnt want to put all the pressure on the O to show up week after week. If our D plays like they did last season, the pressure would be on our O to out play the other teams O when in reality no offense shows up 100% every single week (with the exception of maybe NO last season lol).That way, if our O has an off week, an improved D can keep up in the game.
I would not be mad at all if we draft Dez, but I feel that next season is the one we grab our number 1.

we just have different draft philosophies in 2010. I'm in the camp that wants to improve our bad D through the draft and allow the O to improve through maturation. I see what you mean about being able to keep up with other teams, but i wouldnt want to put all the pressure on the O to show up week after week. If our D plays like they did last season, the pressure would be on our O to out play the other teams O when in reality no offense shows up 100% every single week (with the exception of maybe NO last season lol).That way, if our O has an off week, an improved D can keep up in the game.
I would not be mad at all if we draft Dez, but I feel that next season is the one we grab our number 1.

And i agree with you about our D. but i think we can improve our D with the rest of the draft. Im just tired of us never going after an elite player on offense(some one who is a true game changer). I will be happy with who ever the front office picks. And if they go defense then so be it. Hope they hit on a 2nd or 3rd wr and we both get what we want. :up:

Graham in the first, Mike Williams in the 4th.
Sandwich in a safety like Morgan Burnett, or Major Wright and a NT like Woods or Troup and we're in business.

beating_a_dead_horse-1.jpg

LOL sorry I couldn't resist.

Back
Top Bottom