A very important Point about Feidler | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A very important Point about Feidler

fin-atic

Are you a VIP?
Club Member
Reaction score
In case anyone has not noticed, Fiedler is getting hurt every year. Either in camp or during the season. Does that concern anyone but me?

I think he may have two more years at best. We really have to find a QB of the future this off season. Jay is not durable. I have come to appreciate him when he is in and healthy (especially lately) but we need to look ahead. So the question is:

Who would you like to see the Fins draft at the QB spot?

My choices:

1st. - Carson Palmer -USC
2nd -Kenny Dorsey -UM

Uh.......no, look at the specific injuries. $hit happens. Jay is a warrior and just takes more hits than he should or more than is has too. His injuries have been pretty unavoidable. Broken Finer, seperated shoulder, torn hip[. It's not like he has a recurring hamstring prob, or back probs or concussions, or groin probs.

Doesn't matter

Unavoidable? Are you saying that Jay is exposed to different things than the other QB's in the NFL? Dan had no problem statying on the field, neither does Manning, McNabb, or most other QBs. But Jay is not durable. I say ride him for all he's worth, but we need to groom a replacement, because Jay won't last another two years.

Remeber you heard it here.

Originally posted by fin-atic
In case anyone has not noticed, Fiedler is getting hurt every year. Either in camp or during the season. Does that concern anyone but me?

I think he may have two more years at best. We really have to find a QB of the future this off season. Jay is not durable. I have come to appreciate him when he is in and healthy (especially lately) but we need to look ahead. So the question is:

Who would you like to see the Fins draft at the QB spot?

My choices:

1st. - Carson Palmer -USC
2nd -Kenny Dorsey -UM

LOL I like your first choice but your second choice is not even worth looking at.Ken Dorsey doesn't have the tools to be a starting Qb in the NFL.Anyways Fiedler keeps improving with each season passes by as a starter..I think Fiedler will be a probowl type qb and he might had a chance this year if it wasn't for injury.

Umm. I think that's the most idiotic comment I've ever heard. Jay's record as a starter is top 3 in the league. Our team now looks like **** because his hurt. Everyone is now starting to see that Jay was the real leader of the Miami Dolphins. And you want to bring in K.Dorsey and C. Palmer? Those two could not even hold Jay's jock strap, how could they replace him.

Jay is a winner its not his fault that he broke his thumb. If the pocket would not have collapsed he would not have had a helmet to hit his thumb on. He also played through a torn rotator cuff. Give him some props. I love Marino but he was injury prone. Actually there is no such thing as a durable QB. Some are just blessed with better OL's. Fiedler signed for 5 years so either get used to him or find another team.

Jay Fiedler QB of my favorite team and my favorite player in the NFL

Jay is cool bashers are fools. Ricky can run and going to a Super Bowl would be fun.

Marino injury prone??????? Jay not??????
Now, I've heard everything.

I have to say that calling marino Injury prone is about the silliest thing I've heard in a while. If you don't coun't the strike games in '87 then Marino started 156 straight regular season games for Miami. and 166 games if you count the playoffs.

Feidler is a warrior, but Danny was a straight up stud.

Helloooo!!! Can anyone read?

I never said bring these guys in to REPLACE Jay as our starter!!

I said Jay is injury prone and will be out of the league in two years DUE TO INJURY!!

If he can stay healthy than cool. I am fine with him.

The point was:

We need to start grooming a young QB now. Not wait until he goes down for good and then start combing the waiver wires.

Get a good young QB in to learn and be ready when Jay goes down.

Geez, you guys are so hyper on defending Feilder that you don't read. I am on board with the guy. I just worry he gets hurt a lot.

PS
Dorsey doesn't have the tools? Gee, all he does is win. Thats funny they said the following players ddin't have the tools either:

Emmitt Smith
Doug Flutie
Jay Feidler
Kurt Warner
Zach Thomas
Chris Chambers

Please. The guy wins games and is smart on the fiedl and a hell of a competitor. I will take him over Mucas, I mean Lucas, and Rosenfels any day.

I thought you picked up sage to be groomed as your qb of the future -- remember vin was like 21 - 9 as a jets starter, tore his achilles - freak injury, tumor on his toe this offseason -- pennington rode the pines for three years before getting his break...if sage is as solid as billed and you are predicting to more years for jay -- you should be all set @ QB for the next 8 - 10 years.
ps - FIN - damn great pic!!

Thanks 85. You represent the Jets with class and knowledge. If Sage has the skills, I am cool with him. I just haven't seen anything from him yet. Maybe he is it. Who knows.

Back
Top Bottom