A Way to get the deal done | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A Way to get the deal done

Steve S

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Flip 5th rounders with the Chefs or throw in a 5th plus Pat for their #46 overall if we absolutely have to.

That way fat head Carl Peterson can say he got Carlos Hall and Surtain for a 2nd rounder.

He saves face, we get our 2nd and cap relief and give up a 5th.

nah.. we dont need to add anything to sweeten this deal if it happens

Well I can't speak for everyone here, but I will say that Surtain is a probowl corner. We should be getting a 1st for him but because he wants big money and he will cost any team that trades for him a pick and money we have to lower our asking price. To lower it anymore would be giving up too much. We should keep him if we can't get a second for him. All this talk about a 4th this year and a 3rd next year thats like a 4th and fifth for a probowl corner, because KC will probably make it deep into the playoffs making next years third a low round 3rd. We would be better off keeping Surtain and letting him go next year or resign him or franchise him rather then give him away.
I would tell KC I'm not interested and plan on playing Surtain at corner for the fins this year and end all the crap talk.

I think Peterson will cave sooner or later. He wants Surtain...he's just trying everything he can to do it on the cheap. Maybe someone else will jump into the bidding and force Peterson's hand. Maybe if we get lucky someone will offer a higher 2nd than the chief's have and they will send up their 1st for him.

I'll stop dreaming now...

feelthepain said:
Well I can't speak for everyone here, but I will say that Surtain is a probowl corner. We should be getting a 1st for him but because he wants big money and he will cost any team that trades for him a pick and money we have to lower our asking price. To lower it anymore would be giving up too much. We should keep him if we can't get a second for him. All this talk about a 4th this year and a 3rd next year thats like a 4th and fifth for a probowl corner, because KC will probably make it deep into the playoffs making next years third a low round 3rd. We would be better off keeping Surtain and letting him go next year or resign him or franchise him rather then give him away.
I would tell KC I'm not interested and plan on playing Surtain at corner for the fins this year and end all the crap talk.

Agree 100%

FinzManiac said:
I think Peterson will cave sooner or later. He wants Surtain...he's just trying everything he can to do it on the cheap. Maybe someone else will jump into the bidding and force Peterson's hand. Maybe if we get lucky someone will offer a higher 2nd than the chief's have and they will send up their 1st for him.

I'll stop dreaming now...

yep, in the end i think we're gonna get one of these situational picks:

an early 2nd from someone, like da bears
or chiefs first
or chiefs second plus next year 3rd or 4th

Steve S said:
Flip 5th rounders with the Chefs or throw in a 5th plus Pat for their #46 overall if we absolutely have to.

That way fat head Carl Peterson can say he got Carlos Hall and Surtain for a 2nd rounder.

He saves face, we get our 2nd and cap relief and give up a 5th.
Stay outta this Rick!!

:wink:

Larry Johnson and 4th round for Surtain if Chiefs dont budge on giving us the 2nd round

Eric-Gofins said:
Larry Johnson and 4th round for Surtain if Chiefs dont budge on giving us the 2nd round

No, if the Chiefs don't budge then we'll have two pro-bowl caliber CB's because PS will be staying put!

Back
Top Bottom