A way to group teams by Pat Kirwan | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A way to group teams by Pat Kirwan

FlyFishingKing

Camp Victory
Reaction score
Here is something that I find interesting. No wounder Saban wants to build from the draft. We have to get younger players in, and turn our team around. Read the whole article and you will find out that we are still two years away from group 4. We only started a rookie 13 times last year. compared to some teams with over 40 times. Take a good look at all the teams in group 1 with Miami.

http://nfl.com/news/story/8361976

Yeah, but look at the difference in Baltimore and Buffalo. Baltimore's a 3 because they went 9-7 and Buffalo's a 1 because they went 8-8? Please! Buffalo had 16 rookie starts to the 6 for Baltimore which I guess he sees as a wash since he says 25 is the cutoff point. But I just don't see one game in the standings taking a team from a 1 to a 3.

Plus he doesn't touch on teams like NE and Phila. always seeming to have a good number of draft picks to make themselves younger a lot faster than some other teams can. So his way of ranking teams seems to have some holes in it.

How does coaching factor in?????????????????????????

Doesnt consider teams like the jets who would suk totally without two very old veterans in Curtis Martin and Mawae

LOL, that about the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of.

A team is below .500 with say, 10 rookie starts.....thats bad, puts them in group "1"
Now, what if in the last preseason game their all pro center suffers a career ending injury and they are forced to go through the season with the rookie they were planning on grooming for a year or two. Now even though the team finishes with a worse record and is worse for the future (no depth at C), according to this formula they are now in group "2"...light at the end of the tunnel, because their rookie center playing before he was ready gives them 26 rookie starts.

This Kirwan dude needs to lay off the sauce when he's working.

yankeehillbilly said:
LOL, that about the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of.

A team is below .500 with say, 10 rookie starts.....thats bad, puts them in group "1"
Now, what if in the last preseason game their all pro center suffers a career ending injury and they are forced to go through the season with the rookie they were planning on grooming for a year or two. Now even though the team finishes with a worse record and is worse for the future (no depth at C), according to this formula they are now in group "2"...light at the end of the tunnel, because their rookie center playing before he was ready gives them 26 rookie starts.

This Kirwan dude needs to lay off the sauce when he's working.

I must admit that this is not one of Kirwan's better articles. But to his credit, Kirwan has placed his ballz on the table in NFL management. With all the humility he can muster, he admits that they were severed from his body.

But make no mistake here.....His job is to get you to think about something EACH WEEK. I think if you do not arrive at the article knowing everything, you could conclude that he succeeded at his job.

I like the guy. Does it show? ;) :lol:

Back
Top Bottom