A way to trade up and take Blackmon, without giving an arm and a leg | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A way to trade up and take Blackmon, without giving an arm and a leg

DrewStogs.

One Luck away from a Super Bowl!!!
Reaction score
As I surf the web, I keep reading a lot of stuff about Cleveland targeting Tanny, but not wanting to use the #4 pick on him
Here's an idea I came up with:
We are in need of a playmaker at WR now with BM being traded and Blackmon seems like the best fit to step in and be a stud in the league. However odds are Blackmon is not going to fall past St. Louis and Jacksonville at pick no. 6 & 7. We can offer to Cleveland, our 8th pick, and 2 3rds (1 this year, 1 next year) to trade up 4 spots and take our target. That gives Cleveland a chance to draft Tanny at a better spot or still have the chance to draft a top player.

If Blackmon can get us in the super bowl this year make the trade...if not, BPA.

that wont move us up that far.

Yep, I agree with this.... AND, the WCO is not dependent on one ALPHA receiver, but several Betta receivers.

I think we pick up LOTS of receivers of the 2nd tier variety. Best option might be to try to trade back about 5 spots, pick up another 2nd or pair of 3rds, take Floyd and then go from there

Just to further my point. Two years ago the Falcons, who have a much better offense than we do (more complete by far), thought all they needed was a WR to get them over the hump in the playoffs. They traded an arm and a leg to move up and get Julio Jones, their record went from 13-3 without Jones to 10-6 with Jones and they still lost in the first round of the playoffs. Atlanta gave up their 1st, 2nd, 4th in 2011 and their 1st and 4th in this years draft. Sorry but that hurts and Jones didn't make a difference.

I think the one thing that free agency has shown is that Miami is going to draft either Ryan Tannehill or Brandon Weeden in round 1. All other needs are going to have to wait until at least round 2. After Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III, those two have the best chance to be franchise quarterbacks so the Dolphins will have to pull the trigger and take a leap of faith.

I think the one thing that free agency has shown is that Miami is going to draft either Ryan Tannehill or Brandon Weeden in round 1. All other needs are going to have to wait until at least round 2. After Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin III, those two have the best chance to be franchise quarterbacks so the Dolphins will have to pull the trigger and take a leap of faith.
Ugh seriously. Im tired of everyone saying we should take tannehill or weeden. Your arguement is as weak as they come. Simple math. Tell me the last draft that produced 3 franchise qbs. Doesnt happen. We dont get the top two then you have to move on. Our best play would b bpa. A playmaker.

Just to further my point. Two years ago the Falcons, who have a much better offense than we do (more complete by far), thought all they needed was a WR to get them over the hump in the playoffs. They traded an arm and a leg to move up and get Julio Jones, their record went from 13-3 without Jones to 10-6 with Jones and they still lost in the first round of the playoffs. Atlanta gave up their 1st, 2nd, 4th in 2011 and their 1st and 4th in this years draft. Sorry but that hurts and Jones didn't make a difference.

Who do we have who can put up 953 yards and 8 tds in 13 games??
Maybe Hartline and Bess combined...OH wait they only had 4tds between them

thanks.

I dont know, Ive gotten off the Tannehill bandwagon cus Ireland wont reach for a QB for the sake of taking a QB (Charlie Casserly). I see us taking a QB in round two and Tannehill could be there provided Cleveland picks someone else but highly unlikely. I think Cleveland may think that Thill will be at there 2nd round pick. I think this because Cleveland is watching us and what we do and what they discovered is the league is filled up with QB's to take one in first round.

Only way I see us take Tannehill is if we trade down, and that is highly possible should ireland get a phone call. Only two players I see teams wanting to is for blackmon and Richardson.

Back
Top Bottom