A week from now the Fins could be 1 game out of first in the AFC East | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

A week from now the Fins could be 1 game out of first in the AFC East

finatical

Scout Team
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
So Miami takes care of business against the Jets and Buffalo loses to the Chiefs!! 3-3 vs 4-2...Just saying. And of course the Cheatriots lose

Miami has the best scoring differential in the division lol that 0-2 division record though is an eyesore.

Last edited:
Call me a full fledged homer but the AFC East is WIDE open for us. I bet Titans against everyone in my office that wanted Bill tonight so maybe I’m a little too happy. I’m like Bills beat us by 3 pts when our secondary was not there and a lot of new young pieces were just getting together. So I’ll take the Titans who I know are real.
We played the Pats hard also. I know our schedule gets brutal but nice to be playing with house money if we get to 3-3 into a bye. FINS UP!!

This is frustrating; on one hand I'm glad to see a young Dolphins team that is improving, but on the other hand I see a team that could be 4-1 if not for a handful of mistakes and bad plays.

Ooohhh oohhh FitzMAGIC.

Push all the chips to the middle of the table. This is our year.

Yeah, we ought to beat the Jets. Then we'll be at .500 and in nominal contention for the division. The problem is, we won't have beaten a good team yet.

Week 8 vs. the Rams will be our opportunity to show that we're actually a competitive team. If we can win THAT game, I'll wake up a bit and come to the conclusion that we actually have a shot at the playoffs... until then, we are an average team that beats bad teams.

I'm hopeful, but not convinced.

Fun fact.

The Miami Dolphins are +23 after 5 games. The Buffalo Bills, despite being 4-1, are -3.

That catches up with you.

I mean Buffalo was +23 going into last night’s game where they lost by 26. They have issues, but I don’t think a loss on the road to a 4-0 team is a massive red flag.

I mean Buffalo was +23 going into last night’s game where they lost by 26. They have issues, but I don’t think a loss on the road to a 4-0 team is a massive red flag.
Their defense isn't good, for starters. It's what carried them last year.

Was thinking this last night, the stars are aligning some way some how for the Fins. But, as we know from past experience, opportunities are quickly crushed in Miami!! When does it all come together, ever???

Bills will lose IMO to KC. The Bills are overrated and hitting their down turn lull which I expected to happen during the Titans, Chiefs back to back. KC coming off a tough loss will not take that lightly and Mahomes will be bang on. Will be hard for the Bills D to stop him. Miami SHOULD EASILY take out the Jets in Miami, I mean c'mon now. The Cheatriots with Covid Newton out are on the down trend, and should lose, we'll see.

All in all, a week from now, things could look great for Miami in a season which we figured would be ho hum, rebuild some more, go 6-10 and learn. Could very well still end up like that though!

It’s still too early, promising yes but it’s the consistency that’s key. If Fitz can have another 2-3 games like the Frisco game we’re laughing

What’s funny is we lost but saw some of the same issues. The middle of the field seems wide open vs the Bills. Fitz and Tanny exploited it. Biggest difference is the Titans didn’t have Igbo getting torched by Diggs all game. Now we won’t either.

Is this the beginning of a Josh Allen can’t beat zone narrative?

So Miami takes care of business against the Jets and Buffalo loses to the Chiefs!! 3-3 vs 4-2...Just saying. And of course the Cheatriots lose

Here is the takeaway . . . in the last 20 years, how many time could Miami be in week 6 and debate being close to 1st place? That's progress. Ummm, it's also a weakened Pat's team

Back
Top Bottom