a year away from the game | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

a year away from the game

finleyfinton

Starter
Reaction score
Long Time Lurker. Love this site. You all make it great. As training camp comes lurking and the media picking up its expected overkill of ricky, I started to think about how a year off from football was going to affect him. Mostly I heard that the year off is gonna kill his performance and hurt him. I think that a year off from gettin his body destoryed and over worked is gonna reenergize him physically, not neccesarily mentally. That he his going to be in the best physical shape of his career. It is not like he forgot how to play the game. He will come n weighin about 215-220 when camp starts and is gonna be lighting quick. The year off I think will do him good. What do you guys think?

One more thing...I know a lot of people are skeptical with out qb situation and our offense. I can pretty much guarantee, no matter which qb wins the job, and we are suprising everyone, Schott Linehan becomes a household name.

finleyfinton said:
Long Time Lurker. Love this site. You all make it great. As training camp comes lurking and the media picking up its expected overkill of ricky, I started to think about how a year off from football was going to affect him. Mostly I heard that the year off is gonna kill his performance and hurt him. I think that a year off from gettin his body destoryed and over worked is gonna reenergize him physically, not neccesarily mentally. That he his going to be in the best physical shape of his career. It is not like he forgot how to play the game. He will come n weighin about 215-220 when camp starts and is gonna be lighting quick. The year off I think will do him good. What do you guys think?

One more thing...I know a lot of people are skeptical with out qb situation and our offense. I can pretty much guarantee, no matter which qb wins the job, and we are suprising everyone, Schott Linehan becomes a household name.

Re-energize re-shmenergize. Obviously certain longstanding injuries got a chance to really heal themselves away from the game. As far as it goes, Ricky was at his peak right after that 1,800 yard season when he trimmed his weight down and got faster. But c'mon...........he spent months traveling and smoking weed - not training and taking all the best supplements in sports. There is no way he comes back at the best he's ever been. What, you think he was speed training in his tent with poisonous centipedes out in Australia?

Man only on the Finheaven forum can a man step away from the game and come back better than ever. Soooooo completely logical, I mean players do it all the time right? :rofl3: You step away from anything for a little more than year you're going to lose a step or two. He spent years cultivating his game to where it got to that one 1,800 yard season. It's going to take some time.......... Be realistic.......

By the way, Scott Linehan is already a household name .........

Get off of it! You can be negative but these opinions are every bit as good and logical as yours. You have no more insight than anybody else. Let everybody state their opinion and you can state yours w/o bashing the others. Make your case and let it ride. We will see soon enough.

optimism is what makes the offseason so great and the NFL so great.

PHINZONER said:
Get off of it! You can be negative but these opinions are every bit as good and logical as yours. You have no more insight than anybody else. Let everybody state their opinion and you can state yours w/o bashing the others. Make your case and let it ride. We will see soon enough.

optimism is what makes the offseason so great and the NFL so great.

Nobody got bashed........there was no name calling. Perhaps you're a little oversensitive my young lad.

I am not saying that there were name calling, just sarcasim that I would expect to hear from a Bills' fan. I am just sick of Fin fans bashing eachother over someone's opinion. Not that yours was so bad just that some people forget that Saban is a little more qualified to decide if RW has the talent to play the game than you or I old wise one!

PHINZONER said:
I am not saying that there were name calling, just sarcasim that I would expect to hear from a Bills' fan. I am just sick of Fin fans bashing eachother over someone's opinion. Not that yours was so bad just that some people forget that Saban is a little more qualified to decide if RW has the talent to play the game than you or I old wise one!

Sarcasm of a Bills fan. Please, you're relatively new here, you're in no position to be comparing me to a Bills fan.

Ahhhh the age old "Saban knows more than we do" hiding place. A favorite of the Ricky homers. ****************NEWSFLASH************* this is a fan forum. If you don't want to exchange views with other fans knowing you could be disagreed with, then I'm thinking this isn't the spot for you. The day this becomes TRUST-BLINDLY-IN-SABAN.COM is the day I leave the site.

Sorry, I forgot that you are really Wanny posing as a fan!

Touched a nerve w/ Saban knows best!
Actually I have visited the sight for quite a long time. But since you like to sit at your computer and punch keys more than I do, you are all the wiser!

I was a Phinzone fan personally, and this site has improved since the 2 became one. My opinion! Just b/c you post 4000 times means nothing more than a first post man. Just you like your monitor more than some others. I ould rather be playing football or out doing something rather than boosting my post #s'. I am willing to bet that I listen to more sports radio than 99%of these posters b/c I can. I listen all day every day of the work week and even some weekends. I hear all the talking heads and their opinions and news. That does not mean my opinion is 100% accurate. So I don't say you are less informed than I am and you only know what this site tells you. You spend your time here and I visit many sites to determine what the rest of the NFL is up to!

I have no problem w/ someone disagreeing w/ me just do it like adults instead of like school girls!

enigmatics said:
Sarcasm of a Bills fan. Please, you're relatively new here, you're in no position to be comparing me to a Bills fan.

Ahhhh the age old "Saban knows more than we do" hiding place. A favorite of the Ricky homers. ****************NEWSFLASH************* this is a fan forum. If you don't want to exchange views with other fans knowing you could be disagreed with, then I'm thinking this isn't the spot for you. The day this becomes TRUST-BLINDLY-IN-SABAN.COM is the day I leave the site.

****************NEWSFLASH************* You've only been here two months longer than them. The thing is you dont know squat about RW besides what the media has told you. Who says he hasnt been hitting the weights every now and then. The thing is you don't know how he's gonna play so what your saying is just as illogical as what anyone else says because there is way to tell how he's gonna play.

PHINZONER said:
Sorry, I forgot that you are really Wanny posing as a fan!

Touched a nerve w/ Saban knows best!
Actually I have visited the sight for quite a long time. But since you like to sit at your computer and punch keys more than I do, you are all the wiser!

I was a Phinzone fan personally, and this site has improved since the 2 became one. My opinion! Just b/c you post 4000 times means nothing more than a first post man. Just you like your monitor more than some others. I ould rather be playing football or out doing something rather than boosting my post #s'. I am willing to bet that I listen to more sports radio than 99%of these posters b/c I can. I listen all day every day of the work week and even some weekends. I hear all the talking heads and their opinions and news. That does not mean my opinion is 100% accurate. So I don't say you are less informed than I am and you only know what this site tells you. You spend your time here and I visit many sites to determine what the rest of the NFL is up to!

I have no problem w/ someone disagreeing w/ me just do it like adults instead of like school girls!

Now calling me Wanny...........hahah I rattled you. Look how fast you resorted to name calling. Great way to prove your point man. LOL

Dolfan99 said:
****************NEWSFLASH************* You've only been here two months longer than them. The thing is you dont know squat about RW besides what the media has told you. Who says he hasnt been hitting the weights every now and then. The thing is you don't know how he's gonna play so what your saying is just as illogical as what anyone else says because there is way to tell how he's gonna play.

So you're going to hit me with the "who knows" when you yourself don't know? Is that supposed to be ironic?

enigmatics said:
So you're going to hit me with the "who knows" when you yourself don't know? Is that supposed to be ironic?

it would be ironic had i offered my opinion. i didnt though

Dolfan99 said:
it would be ironic had i offered my opinion. i didnt though

No, but you used the expression in a sense that nobody knows, but there's a chance of great things happening. Is that not what you alluded to?

enigmatics said:
No, but you used the expression in a sense that nobody knows, but there's a chance of great things happening. Is that not what you alluded to?

My post said what he might be doing with his time off which is not directly related with his performance on the field. At this point in his career, with everything he's done, it could go either way but i did not in anyway offer my opinion as to how he will play.

Dolfan99 said:
My post said what he might be doing with his time off which is not directly related with his performance on the field. At this point in his career, with everything he's done, it could go either way but i did not in anyway offer my opinion as to how he will play.

We have nothing to discuss if you have no opinion. I refuse to hide behind "Saban knows what's best" or "we don't know the future" .......at some point one can speculate. I refrain from alot of threads on here simply because you're right, we don't know the future. But we can definately question the motives and what we've read about thus far.

Back
Top Bottom