Aaf: Atlanta Legends At Orlando Apollos | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaf: Atlanta Legends At Orlando Apollos

Natbonkilz

Starter
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Is anyone watching this? Have been watching for the last half hour (on CBS) I like it so far. It's more personal...You get to hear more from coaches and players and the football is not bad either.

Orlando is killing it but I think this league actually has a chance. People are hungry for more football and the production value of the telecast is excellent. Limited commercials instantly makes me a fan.

I'll keep watching. Also,

I got the San Antonio vs San Diego game which had this hit

San Diego is coached by Mike Martz and it's clear he hasn't changed much with how much his OL was getting killed.

I enjoyed the game though, Bill Polian said they wanted the league to focus on developing QBs and OL and they really need that.

Yeah we really enjoyed it. I liked the fact the are NOT competing against the NFL either on viewership or players. They were very open about it.

I will be watching the rest of the season.

I love this idea of developing players before they get into the NFL or wherever. It’s better than having A practice squad.
AAF and XFL will hopefully grow into something great in the future. The NFL needed this.
I like the game so far.
They need a West Palm Beach team. :chuckle:

QBs rule. Gilbert looked real good, imposing. I think we got a shot to win it all with GIlbert. The defense and coaching looked good. But then again we went against Matt Simms on the other side. Atlanta would've been better off starting Aaron Murray. Still, Gilbert blew them out.

AZ Hotshots play Salt Lake Stallions today at 8. I like the Hotshots, they have the former Wake Forest QB John Wolford. He is really good, I think he gives them a chance to win it all. On the other side is the former Liberty QB John Woodrum. I don't think that's a winning choice. I think Salt Lake will struggle Woodrum, and they do not have good backups.

In the other matchup Memphis Express play Birmingham Iron at 4. This game maybe tough to watch. Hackenberg starts at QB for Memphis, and Louis Perez from a small program TAMU Commerce starts for Birmingham. Perez here probably has an advantage but we'll see. I'm not a fan of these two teams to make it to the playoffs but Birmingham could surprise if Perez plays well. They also have Blake Sims, so it shows some commitment to good quarterbacks on the part of the team.

I think Orlando with Gilbert, Birmigham as a squeaker with Perez are the faves to make the playoffs in the East. In the West, San Antonio with Woodside, and Hotshots with Wolford at QB. And it should be good football with those QBs.

Go Apollos!

Hack is still awful. I could not believe the Jets spent a 2nd round pick on this guy and I still can't believe it.

Hack is still awful. I could not believe the Jets spent a 2nd round pick on this guy and I still can't believe it.

Such promise as a Freshmen. Silver and I thought he'd develop into a number 1 pick. Dude supposedly was pretty uncoachable and toxic in locker room.

Watching more of the league. THere is talent at the skills positions and on defense. Honestly Arizona, Orlando, and BIrmingham are the only teams that had competent QB play week 1. But really only teams that looked awful were Atlanta and Memphis. From all reports people who go to the games are having fun (though the teams are playing in insanely big stadiums) so if the product continues to improve I could see year 2 (with more talent presumably after seeing what the league is).

Also, for some of the teams, you can see that they are coached by old school NFL guys as some of the schemes offensively seem a bit outdated

I was highly skeptical I would enjoy this as I don't really enjoy any sport outside of NFL but I thought it wasn't bad will have to keep up with it.

I really like the new rules, no kick off's, onside kicks and having to go for 2. The eye in the sky thing is great too.

Really good league, I hope it succeeds.

I'm a fan of several of the coaches - Joe Pendry obviously, but Spurrier has always been one of my favorite coaches. He's pure entertainment. He's almost John McKay level when it comes to quotes. There has to be room in football for these older coaches that still have such knowledge of the game and can help develop players and help them reach their goal of sticking on an NFL roster.

I've scouted most of the players that make up this league when they were coming out of college. It's good to see a lot of 'em that were borderline NFL prospects getting to continue playing football and continuing to improve.

For most of 'em, their NFL story has already been written. They simply can't make it. But there will be a few gems that come out of this league that just needed a little further development.

Back
Top Bottom