Aaron Maybin DE/OLB Penn State | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Aaron Maybin DE/OLB Penn State

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
He is declaring for the 2009 NFL Draft!!! he looks to be athletic enough to make the switch from college DE to pro OLB... i've seen him play a few time over the past 2 seasons, he has impressed me with his speed and ability to create seperation from an O-lineman in his pursuit of the QB or RB... he made alot of plays behind the line of scrimmage... i think he is a sleeper 1st round prospect... What do you guys think????

no he isnt he said he is not declaring.. wehre did u read this.

i just found an article him stating he informed the coach he will as he todl him last nite but its not 100% announced yet. thanks!

At 6'4" 240 with 4.6 to 4.7 40 speed, he looks like he can make the transition to OLB but I'm not sure he will be what the Trifecta will be looking for as an OLB in their 3-4 defense. Especially after Coach Sparano mentioned about wanting to get bigger, stronger and faster on both sides of the ball.

all news in the Keystone State says he's gone, Nublar must be crushed.

Great leader, very athletic, and has good instincts. However, he needs to bulk up (just looks tiny), and probably won't be more than a 3rd down pass rusher as a rookie.

Love him as a prospect, but he is not physically ready for heavy duty.

As a Penn Stater, I have seen as much of Maybin as anyone...I've been a huge fan...BUT...he is not ready for the pro game as anything more than a situational rusher. He hasn't dropped into coverage...and he is not strong enough to be an elite pass rusher. 245 pounds is generous.

As a Penn Stater, I have seen as much of Maybin as anyone...I've been a huge fan...BUT...he is not ready for the pro game as anything more than a situational rusher. He hasn't dropped into coverage...and he is not strong enough to be an elite pass rusher. 245 pounds is generous.

So he is going to be a work in progress kind of like Gholston right? Well Gholston just doesn't have the hips to be a good coverage guy . . . he needs to be a DE. Maybin I feel different about.

I mean I think he is a top 15 guy so he doesn't reach us anyways . . . but we can afford to groom a guy to be a 3-4 OLB . . . if he has the ability to be a special one.

Definitely needs to put on a good 20 lbs.

I agree with you, he is not ready to become a pro yet. As a redshirt Sophomore, he still had two years of eligibility left. He wasn't even a starter before the third game of the season. In fact, I believe he was third on the depth chart at his position entering the season. It took two injuries to force him into the lineup.

At 235-240 pound he is not an ideal defensive end. I don't know if he would be able to make a quick switch to linebacker either. He would have been better to have played at least one more year of college ball and added some bulk.

I think he would be a risky player, much like Vernon Gholsten was this past draft, in the first round. Like Gholsten, he probably will spend the first year as a pro on the bench.

So he is going to be a work in progress kind of like Gholston right? Well Gholston just doesn't have the hips to be a good coverage guy . . . he needs to be a DE. Maybin I feel different about.

I mean I think he is a top 15 guy so he doesn't reach us anyways . . . but we can afford to groom a guy to be a 3-4 OLB . . . if he has the ability to be a special one.

Definitely needs to put on a good 20 lbs.

more potential than Gholston IMO, but the biggest difference is that Maybin's problem is he's physically not ready, Gholston is not mentally ready.

more potential than Gholston IMO, but the biggest difference is that Maybin's problem is he's physically not ready, Gholston is not mentally ready.

Wow more potential than Gholston, that is impressive. I have seen him several times this year and the kid really sticks out . . . I would be willing to be patient with him as he bulks up and transitions to a 3-4 OLB role . . . the talent is obviously there.

Back
Top Bottom