About Alabi... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About Alabi...

FinNasty

"The Sticker Dunk"
Reaction score
Has anyone heard much about him? I havent heard about any progress or any anaylisis of how he is doing. Has anyone read or seen anything... or maybe seen him at the Mini Camps a couple weeks ago? With a gem in the rough like Rex Hadnot, I really had a good feeling about this kid. But I just havent heard anything about him... Anyone?

Nasty

I haven't heard what kind of showing he has made so far in mimi-camps, but I, too, think he could be a hidden treasure. He has fantastic physical tools for the offensive line, and with Hudson Houck's polishing, could eventually turn into something special.

He allowed one sack as a starter in college, that's something special. Actually, that might have been his senior year. either way, good stuff.

I heard he was a little undersized to be an O-Lineman..Even the media who was present at practice thought he looked like a Tight-End...I guess he will need another year to bulk up and enjoy the practice squad this year.

On one of those clips from the rookie camps, I saw him riding Roth to the outside. Only thing I've seen or heard about him really. He looked good in that one play though. :lol:

Well, he went to the Naval Academy and TCU, which says something about what this guy has above his shoulders. He has the size, with the exception of maybe needing to gain a little bit of weight.

I think he'll turn into something once he gets a year under his belt. His interview earlier this year says plenty (IMO) about his dedication.

Smarts + Good Size + Hudson Houck = Good O-lineman

Houck was really high on Alabi at the draft. Had some personal one on one meetings and was very impressed not only with his talent but his personality and attitude. Stated Alabi was very "coachable" and with a quality coach like Houck, Alabi should have tremendous upside.

Alabi is virtually guaranteed a roster spot unless he a complete bust when the pads come on. Don't think Houck will risk losing his guy on the practice squad when the season starts. If he gets a roster spot, somebody will have to go. Best canidates in order are St Clair, Whitley, and then Smith. Think St Clair's the guy because of 1.1 million cap savings and in last year of contract. Must be starting and/or restructure to make our roster.

so no one has heard anything lately? :cry: :lol:

Nasty

Eshlemon said:
Houck was really high on Alabi at the draft. Had some personal one on one meetings and was very impressed not only with his talent but his personality and attitude. Stated Alabi was very "coachable" and with a quality coach like Houck, Alabi should have tremendous upside.

Alabi is virtually guaranteed a roster spot unless he a complete bust when the pads come on. Don't think Houck will risk losing his guy on the practice squad when the season starts. If he gets a roster spot, somebody will have to go. Best canidates in order are St Clair, Whitley, and then Smith. Think St Clair's the guy because of 1.1 million cap savings and in last year of contract. Must be starting and/or restructure to make our roster.

No way St Clair goes. He was pretty good last year and he can play just about any position on the line.

Eshlemon said:

st.clair is a keeper for sure, whitley is another story though, i think he is gone, wade smith i think (hope) gets another chance this year

MARINO1384 said:
No way St Clair goes. He was pretty good last year and he can play just about any position on the line.

I agree that St. Clair will prob stay. He provides depth at every o-line position and is versitile. Whitely on the other hand... :rofl3:

Nasty

MARINO1384 said:

Agree with most everyone I would rather see Whitley go than St Clair. And would have rather have kept Surtain and cut Edwards. But realisticly, if St Clair is not starting and won't restructure, I expect him to be a cap casualty. Especially considering Ricky's cap hit. These veterans that have been putting up a welcome Ricky back to locker room front are going to be pissed when they're cut/asked to restructure to make cap room for him.

Back
Top Bottom