? about child's age for going to games | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

? about child's age for going to games

gottahavefootba

The Predator
Reaction score
I am planning on catching a game in Miami this year while there on vacation and I was wondering.. I have a 2 yr old daughter, will I have to get her a ticket too or can she just sit on my lap? at what age do they make you have a ticket? also are they very strict? will i need a birth certificate to prove her age?
Thanks

You will need a ticket for every living body that passes through the gate.

I am a father and I don't reccommend bringing a child that age to the game. It is very hot, very crowded, and very loud. They won't enjoy it and as a result nor will you.

Trust me from second hand experience of doing it myself, watching three brothers try to pull it off, it just is too young.

Good luck no matter what you decide.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
I am planning on catching a game in Miami this year while there on vacation and I was wondering.. I have a 2 yr old daughter, will I have to get her a ticket too or can she just sit on my lap? at what age do they make you have a ticket? also are they very strict? will i need a birth certificate to prove her age?
Thanks

I don't know about children ages and tickets but I see a lot of little guys and gals...some even in baby age.

My son saw his first football game at the age of 3 months. I took him to my first game as well. It was the Hurricanes against the University of Wisconsin in 1988. I didn't know that they were shooting cannons at the open end after each score and we were sitting upper level near the open end. Every time the cannon sounded he got scared....just before halftime the cannon went off and he threw up on me...so I left. My first game ended with 5 minutes to go in the first half and the Canes up 30-0 or so.

Pro Player is very family friendly. Good seating everywhere. I doubt you will have a problem.

I do believe you need a ticket though but you may get it at a reduced rate. But I am not sure....just call 1-888-FinsTix.

Originally posted by fin-atic
You will need a ticket for every living body that passes through the gate.

I am a father and I don't reccommend bringing a child that age to the game. It is very hot, very crowded, and very loud. They won't enjoy it and as a result nor will you.

Trust me from second hand experience of doing it myself, watching three brothers try to pull it off, it just is too young.

Good luck no matter what you decide.

You got a good point there...I forgot about the heat..especially out of towners. PPS is usually very family friendly and a lot of kids are there but you have a point about the heat especially in september and october....maybe a december game would be appropriate.

If you can get into those blue seats with the air conditioning ducts blowing down, it won't be so bad. :) Hell, my first game was at the OB in the bleachers. I was about 1 year old. I have no idea what happened, but I lived. :)

I took her to a baseball game when she was a little younger and I didn't need a ticket. There must be an age where they start charging. If they are not taking up a seat I don't know why they would charge you.

Originally posted by gottahavefootba
I took her to a baseball game when she was a little younger and I didn't need a ticket. There must be an age where they start charging. If they are not taking up a seat I don't know why they would charge you.

I think the age is if the child is big enough to sit in a seat and too big to be placed on a lap.
You don't have very much space so lapping a child is usually reserved for infants. Once the child is to big (safety reasons and for the comfort of those who have to walk by you) you have to purchase a ticket.

Plus baseball hardly fills the stadium up half way...the Marlins are happy to get bodies into the stadium.

actually it was a mets game i went to.. not that i'm a fan... personaly i think baseball sucks, but my company had extra tickets and they were free and 7 rows up behind the dugout.. so i said what the he11. we were about four seats over from Jerry Sienfield and Chris Rock. so it wasn't half bad. but the game i am planning on going to is the jets dec 28.. so i don't think the heat should be too bad.

Back
Top Bottom