About Ginn in the 1st round... | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About Ginn in the 1st round...

We weren't talking about Reggie Bush though, Ginn doesn't have half the explosiveness that Bush does. You don't spend a top 10 pick on a special teams guy.

So knowing what you know now about Devin Hester, you don't take him with the 9th pick if he were in this years draft?

EDIT: By the way, it's just an opinion as yours, but I believe Ginn has as much explosiveness as Reggie Bush if not more. The moves he puts on defenders in that highlight reel are freakish, same as Bush's.

I take it you've never watched Ginn play in a game then. You act like he's never caught a pass.

Ted Ginn is overrated.... just face it... hes the next Peter Warrick/ Troy Williamson/ rocket Ismail

So knowing what you know now about Devin Hester, you don't take him with the 9th pick if he were in this years draft?

EDIT: By the way, it's just an opinion as yours, but I believe Ginn has as much explosiveness as Reggie Bush if not more. The moves he puts on defenders in that highlight reel are freakish, same as Bush's.

No I would not take Hester at #9. The guy had some great returns but when your picking top 10 you need a guy that contributes on a regular basis consistently. The jury is still out on Hester, if he can do what he did this year consistently throughout his career then he will be a great player.

I never said it was anything but an opinion regarding Ginn/Bush. Not sure how much you've seen of Ginn but I don't see him having have the moves that Bush does.

No I would not take Hester at #9. The guy had some great returns but when your picking top 10 you need a guy that contributes on a regular basis consistently. The jury is still out on Hester, if he can do what he did this year consistently throughout his career then he will be a great player.

I never said it was anything but an opinion regarding Ginn/Bush. Not sure how much you've seen of Ginn but I don't see him having have the moves that Bush does.

Then, IMO, you'd be a horrible GM. Take a look at Hester's stats and reduce them by half and you still have more production out of him than Miami's entire offense. So if Hester only plays with half the consitancy he did last year he is still better than anyone in our squad.

If you don't see Ginn having the moves that Bush does you're either blind physically, which I'm going to rule out becuase you're using a computer, or blind mentally which means you've already made up your prejudice mind about Ginn Jr and won't budge because of your pride.

If you haven't seen the highlight reel posted in the draft poll thread, check it out. He puts a move on 5 defenders standing not more than 2 yards in front of him and leaves them all like, "Did he just do that?"

Then, IMO, you'd be a horrible GM. Take a look at Hester's stats and reduce them by half and you still have more production out of him than Miami's entire offense. So if Hester only plays with half the consitancy he did last year he is still better than anyone in our squad.
I never claimed to be an NFL GM, I'm entitled to my opinions as much as you are yours. At least I don't back mine up with bogus facts. Hester is a stud returner, you don't spend a top 10 pick on a special teams guy.

If you don't see Ginn having the moves that Bush does you're either blind physically, which I'm going to rule out becuase you're using a computer, or blind mentally which means you've already made up your prejudice mind about Ginn Jr and won't budge because of your pride.

If you haven't seen the highlight reel posted in the draft poll thread, check it out. He puts a move on 5 defenders standing not more than 2 yards in front of him and leaves them all like, "Did he just do that?"
:lol: Gimme a break. Your reading way to much into this. I'm far from blind. Bush is a far more versatile and explosive player IMO. Not taking anything away from Ginn. He's just not worth the top 10 pick IMO. Get over it.

I'd easily bet right now Ginn doesn't have anywhere close to 16 TDs next season. He'll be lucky to get 8.
And i would be very happy with 8, especially in a rookie campaign. :wink: This offense needs a playmaker, not just another booker or welker. And by that statement i mean just being able to make the catch but not get the YAC. Ginn's the type of player who stretches the field and makes things easier for the offense, whether its Ronnie running or crossing routes underneath. Speed is important, you cant really refute that. Thats why 40 times are held so high with PROFESSIONAL GM'S. Ginn is the prototypical boom/bust type player, but what we do know is that he can help out on ST's. We all know how important that was for the bears this season. People really underate a good ST's player and thats pretty sad imo. Consistently starting 10-20 yds down the field is a pretty big deal if u ask me. Between his return abilities and his WR skills that could potentially make him a star, i say he is worthy of the #9 pick. And i have Mel Kiper Jr. in my corner, a PROFESSIONAL. :D

I never claimed to be an NFL GM, I'm entitled to my opinions as much as you are yours. At least I don't back mine up with bogus facts. Hester is a stud returner, you don't spend a top 10 pick on a special teams guy.

:lol: Gimme a break. Your reading way to much into this. I'm far from blind. Bush is a far more versatile and explosive player IMO. Not taking anything away from Ginn. He's just not worth the top 10 pick IMO. Get over it.

Motion, you are bias when it comes to Ginn. It's painfully obvious. It's funny even. You're funny. You amuse me.

Any other argument holds water: The kid doesn't run routes well, his hands are questionable, etc. But that he's not explosive? Please, guy, you're transparent. I own champagne glasses harder to see through.

Motion, you are bias when it comes to Ginn. It's painfully obvious. It's funny even. You're funny. You amuse me.

Any other argument holds water: The kid doesn't run routes well, his hands are questionable, etc. But that he's not explosive? Please, guy, you're transparent. I own champagne glasses harder to see through.

Save the comparisons. Again your taking what I said out of context, I said he's not AS explosive as Bush, not that he's not explosive. I have no bias towards the guy, just don't think he's worth the #9 pick. You truly are entertaining, one thread your preaching to people about their condescending tone and yet another thread you write the definition.

Save the comparisons. Again your taking what I said out of context, I said he's not AS explosive as Bush. Try reading.

I try but it get's exhausting, such bad material and all.

That's your opinion Motion which you are more than entitled to. You're wrong but you are entitled to that as well.

Your reasoning for Ginn not being as explosive as Bush is because Ginn doesn't touch the ball 20 times a game like Bush does. One has nothing to do with the other.

Agian, watch the highlight reel. It's in the draft forum and it's a poll thread between Jarrett and Ginn. Better yet, here: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=182067 I've done the hard work for you. Watch and learn.

You know, I watched it agian and I've never seen Reggie Bush fake out, how many players, lets count them out loud together Motion. Are you watching the reel? Okay. When the time remaining on the reel reads 3:31 Ginn catches an out and jukes, together now, 3 guys right off the bat oh here comes the 4th, breaks that tackle, 5th missed lunge, number 6 is standing clueless in the top left of the screen and now Ginn's taking off to the right and here comes... numero 7, seven.

Seven guys on the left side of the field not 3 yards away from the sidelines where a group of cavemen could have derived a plan to force him out of bounds.

But maybe it's me. Maybe I'm bias. Or maybe that's feakin amazing to the rest of the population, just doesn't move your e-Motion.

I try but it get's exhausting, such bad material and all.

That's your opinion Motion which you are more than entitled to. You're wrong but you are entitled to that as well.

Your reasoning for Ginn not being as explosive as Bush is because Ginn doesn't touch the ball 20 times a game like Bush does. One has nothing to do with the other.

Agian, watch the highlight reel. It's in the draft forum and it's a poll thread between Jarrett and Ginn. Better yet, here: http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=182067 I've done the hard work for you. Watch and learn.

You know, I watched it agian and I've never seen Reggie Bush fake out, how many players, lets count them out loud together Motion. Are you watching the reel? Okay. When the time remaining on the reel reads 3:31 Ginn catches an out and jukes, together now, 3 guys right off the bat oh here comes the 4th, breaks that tackle, 5th missed lunge, number 6 is standing clueless in the top left of the screen and now Ginn's taking off to the right and here comes... numero 7, seven.

Seven guys on the left side of the field not 3 yards away from the sidelines where a group of cavemen could have derived a plan to force him out of bounds.

But maybe it's me. Maybe I'm bias. Or maybe that's feakin amazing to the rest of the population, just doesn't move your e-Motion.

Thanks for the play by play. It is indeed impressive. However, as you yourself pointed out he doesn't get the touches that someone like Bush does, hence my issue with his value. No biggie, just my humble opinion. Nice play on words too BTW. :wink:

Thanks for the play by play. It is indeed impressive. However, as you yourself pointed out he doesn't get the touches that someone like Bush does, hence my issue with his value. No biggie, just my humble opinion. Nice play on words too BTW. :wink:

I try.

And I feel yah dude. I really do. I just think that Ginn has all those qualities our offense lacks. He's that big play ability we've been craving and that big play ability alone is enough to heavily consider the guy at 9.

I would love to trade up or down in this draft but you know how that goes, it's rare. I would rather be daring and take Ginn at 9 than keep playing it safe and take Brown.

Aren't you tired of safe Motion? Dave Wannstedt made me so sick and tired of safe I moved in to a bad neighborhood to remind me I was alive. No, wait... that has more to do with my bank account. Anyways, I hate safe. Even that other guy who bolted played it safe in the draft, always drafting SEC. I want to make some noise.

I try.

And I feel yah dude. I really do. I just think that Ginn has all those qualities our offense lacks. He's that big play ability we've been craving and that big play ability alone is enough to heavily consider the guy at 9.

I would love to trade up or down in this draft but you know how that goes, it's rare. I would rather be daring and take Ginn at 9 than keep playing it safe and take Brown.

Aren't you tired of safe Motion? Dave Wannstedt made me so sick and tired of safe I moved in to a bad neighborhood to remind me I was alive. No, wait... that has more to do with my bank account. Anyways, I hate safe. Even that other guy who bolted played it safe in the draft, always drafting SEC. I want to make some noise.

No doubt, I couldn't agree more actually. I'm a Gator fan, Urban Meyer runs fake punts from his own 25 yard line. I love those ballsy moves. Hopefully the new staff takes a similar approach in personell and playcalling moves. :D

The greatest WR of all time, Jerry Rice, ran a 4.6 40 yard dash. Our 1st round flop and pick in 1991, WR Randall "Thrill" Hill, ran a 4.2 40. ... :dolphins:
Thoughts?
[/FONT]

Firstly, I don't view Jerry Rice as being the greatest of all time.

The greatest Dolphins WR was a guy named Paul Warfield. He was a 6' 188 lb'er from Ohio State. He was drafted by Cleveland 11 spots into the first round...not even the first receiver off the board.

He only averaged 31 receptions per year while with the Dolphins. But, he was one of the most explosive players to wear a Dolphins uniform.

I haven't seen enough of Ginn Jr to know his negatives...but, I do know what natural charactistic he has...explosiveness. He is a game changer that has to be accounted for.

I can't figure out why Dolphins fans wouldn't want a player like that on our team.

Firstly, I don't view Jerry Rice as being the greatest of all time.

The greatest Dolphins WR was a guy named Paul Warfield. He was a 6' 188 lb'er from Ohio State. He was drafted by Cleveland 11 spots into the first round...not even the first receiver off the board.

He only averaged 31 receptions per year while with the Dolphins. But, he was one of the most explosive players to wear a Dolphins uniform.

I haven't seen enough of Ginn Jr to know his negatives...but, I do know what natural charactistic he has...explosiveness. He is a game changer that has to be accounted for.

I can't figure out why Dolphins fans wouldn't want a player like that on our team.

It's not that I wouldn't want him on my team, it's that I have a laundry list of players I would prefer over him.

Back
Top Bottom