? about R. Williams from an outsider.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

? about R. Williams from an outsider....

moose_22

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I am not a Dolphins fan....don't like or dislike them really. I am curious as to what is the general consensus on the return of Ricky Williams. Mainly, do you think he will stay in Miami or will he be traded? What are Saban's views on him? Do most think he is better than Ronnie Brown and Sammy Morris? Thanks for any input and Go Big Red!

moose

moose_22 said:
I am not a Dolphins fan....don't like or dislike them really. I am curious as to what is the general consensus on the return of Ricky Williams. Mainly, do you think he will stay in Miami or will he be traded? What are Saban's views on him? Do most think he is better than Ronnie Brown and Sammy Morris? Thanks for any input and Go Big Red!

moose

we need him right now. he will stay because i dont think he has much trade value. im not sure what saban thinks about him. i pretty sure hes not putting all his eggs in rickys hemp basket. at this point, hes better than both...maybe combined. the guy is a natural. he looked good in preseason

moose_22 said:

moose

i think the general consensus is that he is welcomed back because we think he can help us win...i think he will stay but who knows...as for whos better only time will tell i guess but i think if ricky was able to play hed be the #1 back and think right now he is our best back, but i do see alot of potential in ronnie.

I think he will stay in Miami. Because of the off the field issues I dont see a GM willing to trade a first day pick for him and probably not 3 or a 4. I think Saban gets along with him fairly well and have even read that he likes Ricky "as a person". As to the Ronnie vs Ricky, Ricky is the better rb for now and you have to remeber that he did lead the league in rushing so its a high standard to pass. Ronnie has the ability but only time and coaching will tell.

yes, at this point in their career ricky is better, even for not playing a year. i am looking forward to his return..ronnie is still learning the offense, and needs to get used to the speed of the nfl game...also, no i dont think he will be traded this year...maybe not next year, if you look at the value of running backs in trade situations, they arent woth mmuch..(shaun alexander and edge shopped themselves this past offseason and got nothing)...i'd rather have the both 4 two more years, rather than get a 4th for ricky...

Back
Top Bottom