About That Claim That Tua's 2 Receivers Are Carrying Him... | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About That Claim That Tua's 2 Receivers Are Carrying Him...

Make no mistake...this offense wouldn't look like it does without Hill coming in. It's lazy and ignorant to say Waddle and Hill are "carrying" Tua, but they certainly contribute to the offense's success, whether they're targeted or not. EVERY single DC and DB in this league doesn't want any part of that combination...especially when you have a QB who is showing to be dead accurate in getting them the ball. What's a defense to do? If you focus on the duo, like Cleveland did, you get ripped up everywhere else. If you don't over-cover them, they WILL smoke you. No-win situation if they're playing like they currently are...Tua included.
Yeah absolutely! I've been trying to drill this into peoples head ever since they drafted Tua... It DOESNT matter what your QB does with a **** surrounding cast, it'll only be good for fantasy football rosters. What you NEED is a QB that can drive a race car with the best of them. Tua was one of the most prolific race car drivers in NCAA football history and the Fins gave him a ****ing civic to drive in the NFL. What do you know, you give him a race car now and he's on pace to lead the 3rd best passing offense since 2010.

you're right @cltchperf ... but the added speed @ Wr and Rb compliments Tua and his quick release and accuracy ... without that (last year) and a HC with the right gameplan Tua would not be where he is today.

That said, Tua would still be as good as he is ... he just wouldn't be able to be as successful ... the skill players are not carrying him .... they complement him.... whereas last season the lack of speed (along with the turnstiles you mentioned) neutralized him.

I don't care who carries whom. The team is winning. The offense is exciting, the team is fun to watch. To me that's all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom