About That Claim That Tua's 2 Receivers Are Carrying Him... | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

About That Claim That Tua's 2 Receivers Are Carrying Him...

Well, you do need great players to succeed. But you also need to spread the ball around and that is really more of an offense management cause and effect. If all players feared were two players only then they simply can simplify their defensive coverages around a single defensive zone play call lol.

Meh, the national put down on Tua is just always going to move from one thing to another. Before it was he had a 'noodle arm' and couldn't hit receivers downfield and he checked down a lot. Now he is throwing it downfield and hitting his receivers and he's 'relying too much on Waddle/Hill'.

The fact is that the Dolphins WR3 is Trent Sherfield, a guy who in his first four years caught 37 of 68 targets (54%) for 427 yards (6.3 ypp). This year he's caught 22 of 30 targets (73%) for 247 yards (8.2 ypp).

Well, you do need great players to succeed. But you also need to spread the ball around and that is really more of an offense management cause and effect. If all players feared were two players only then they simply can simplify their defensive coverages around a single defensive zone play call lol.
Well, opponents are already game planning to stop Hill and Waddle. And so far the Dolphins are 132 out of 181 throws to them (73%) for 2,026 yards (11.2 ypp).

On the rare occasion where the Dolphins have been forced to spread it around more, they succeeded as well. When the Browns limited Hill and Waddle to a combined 11 targets, the Fins were 17 of 22 for 192 yards to the other wr/te/rbs. That's what is most dangerous of all, IMO....the Browns sold out to try to contain Hill and Waddle holding them to a combined 9 catches for 110 yards and the Dolphins still threw for 300 yards and nearly ran for 200.

Well, opponents are already game planning to stop Hill and Waddle. And so far the Dolphins are 132 out of 181 throws to them (73%) for 2,026 yards (11.2 ypp).

On the rare occasion where the Dolphins have been forced to spread it around more, they succeeded as well. When the Browns limited Hill and Waddle to a combined 11 targets, the Fins were 17 of 22 for 192 yards to the other wr/te/rbs. That's what is most dangerous of all, IMO....the Browns sold out to try to contain Hill and Waddle holding them to a combined 9 catches for 110 yards and the Dolphins still threw for 300 yards and nearly ran for 200.
And careful with saying forced because strategy is meant to work that way, there are 11 players and 11 assignments on the defensive end. We are looking for gaps to open to squeeze the ball in a spot safe enough for players to catch the ball that really boils everything down to not just the mismatches created but also forcing the defense to put more players assigned intentionally to create easy plays too. So it works both ways brother.

It’s a collaboration of great Coaching/Scheme, great QB play, great WR play (Hill/Waddle are making all the other receivers better) and now a suddenly decent Running game and O-Line.
Now if we could just get Saunders to drink the cool-aide!
Hey have you seen the light on Herbie yet or are you still dug in? I’m just curious.

Hey have you seen the light on Herbie yet or are you still dug in? I’m just curious
Not sure what you are asking brother. I maintain that Tua and Herbert are apples and oranges and have different strengths and weaknesses. As a former QB (not pro) I can appreciate both of them. But Tua is number 1 for me because he is our QB. Had we drafted Herbert I would feel the exact same way for him. I'm a Phins first always man.

The one thing both Tua and Herbert have in common is their personality: Humble, extremely coachable and fiercely competitive. The league is fortunate to have both of them.

Does that answer your question in any way?

Not sure what you are asking brother. I maintain that Tua and Herbert are apples and oranges and have different strengths and weaknesses. As a former QB (not pro) I can appreciate both of them. But Tua is number 1 for me because he is our QB. Had we drafted Herbert I would feel the exact same way for him. I'm a Phins first always man.

The one thing both Tua and Herbert have in common is their personality: Humble, extremely coachable and fiercely competitive. The league is fortunate to have both of them.

Does that answer your question in any way?
You and I talked a while back, you firmly believing in Herbie, and I said he wouldn’t ever win anything of significance based on the similarities of his college and pro tape. Recently, a lot of people are coming around on Herbie, and I was wondering if you were one of them. However, it appears that you’re still holding on to hope, so I don’t want to mess with that. Respectfully, best of luck with that.

You and I talked a while back, you firmly believing in Herbie, and I said he wouldn’t ever win anything of significance based on the similarities of his college and pro tape. Recently, a lot of people are coming around on Herbie, and I was wondering if you were one of them. However, it appears that you’re still holding on to hope, so I don’t want to mess with that. Respectfully, best of luck with that.
Time will tell friend. I wish Herbert the best as long as it doesn't conflict with the Dolphins. It's funny, a friend of mine recently told me recently that it Tua and Herbert had a baby, his name would be Dan Marino. The strengths of both of them combined into one.

Time will tell friend. I wish Herbert the best as long as it doesn't conflict with the Dolphins. It's funny, a friend of mine recently told me recently that it Tua and Herbert had a baby, his name would be Dan Marino. The strengths of both of them combined into one.

The difference is Herbert always chokes when the game is on the line

So glad we took Tua instead of him

I think there's no doubt Hill makes Tua better. He makes any qb's situation better. I think the injustice is the talk that Tua and McDaniel couldn't have found a way to be succesful without Hill. Maybe not as succesful, but still succesful none the less. I think Tua in this offense throwing to Waddle, a decent tight end threat and even a wr such as the Raiders' Hunter Renfro would be hard for opponents to deal with. Especially if that offense also had a decent running game. Tua throwing to targets that include Waddle's speed and just a few other targets who maybe don't have elite speed but possess top end quickness and know how to get open in the short and intermediate passing game would be more than enough for Tua to feast with.

I understand that perspective. And time will tell if that opinion on him will change. It's very hard to compare. What I don't understand is why some people on our beloved site (not you) feel the constant need to talk **** about Herbert for no reason other than he was drafted by another team in the same year. Why can't we be positive about our team's choice (Tua) without dumping personal attacks on a kid (Herbert) who has great talent and character?

Is this a generational thing? It truly baffles me.

I think Herbert, Burrow and Tua are each good qbs. It would be interesting if all three were on the free agent market at the same time. If you had $40 million per year to offer each of the three and they were each interested in coming to Miami which one would you want the team to sign? I might say Tua, but a big part of that is he's part of the Dolphin family and I'm bias. Let's say you're a fan of the Broncos and you had a chance for you team to add Herbert, Tua or Burrow who would you bang the table for?

I think Herbert, Burrow and Tua are each good qbs. It would be interesting if all three were on the free agent market at the same time. If you had $40 million per year to offer each of the three and they were each interested in coming to Miami which one would you want the team to sign? I might say Tua, but a big part of that is he's part of the Dolphin family and I'm bias. Let's say you're a fan of the Broncos and you had a chance for you team to add Herbert, Tua or Burrow who would you bang the table for?

Burrow is the QB I wanted but more than happy with Tua

I understand that perspective. And time will tell if that opinion on him will change. It's very hard to compare. What I don't understand is why some people on our beloved site (not you) feel the constant need to talk **** about Herbert for no reason other than he was drafted by another team in the same year. Why can't we be positive about our team's choice (Tua) without dumping personal attacks on a kid (Herbert) who has great talent and character?

Is this a generational thing? It truly baffles me.
I agree 100%. Some seem to feel in order to lift their opinion of one player they have to trash another. It was the same way when people felt in order to praise Herbert they had to take shots at Tua in the process. The truth is 2020 was Herbert's year, 2021 was Burrow's and looks like 2022 is Tua's. Come 2025 or 2026 if all three are good qbs nobody will care which one reached the level first.

Back
Top Bottom