about trading up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

about trading up

malzacher

Scout Team
Reaction score
there are only 3 people in the draft in my opinion that are worth tradin up. Thats Russel, Peterson and Jhonson..Now if we want to go qb, why not hit big with russel, hes quick, accurate, smart and has a cannon. Peterson, Not sure if we need him, think ronnie is fine...Cam will bring out the best. Ive heard within the last couple years that ronnie is comparable to LT..not as fast, but the guy will get it done..With cam i think this can come true...And last but not least. Cj..the best wr to come out in a while...This imo will be the best/ smartest pick. id give up 2 picks for this guy. Hes well worth it.. What is with the hype of quinn. This guy hasnt done anyhting to stand out..russel is by far the best qb in the draft..I am officially on the bring in as many fa's as possible so we dont waste a pick bandwagon. But id waste one on cj any day

there are only 3 people in the draft in my opinion that are worth tradin up. Thats Russel, Peterson and Jhonson..Now if we want to go qb, why not hit big with russel, hes quick, accurate, smart and has a cannon. Peterson, Not sure if we need him, think ronnie is fine...Cam will bring out the best. Ive heard within the last couple years that ronnie is comparable to LT..not as fast, but the guy will get it done..With cam i think this can come true...And last but not least. Cj..the best wr to come out in a while...This imo will be the best/ smartest pick. id give up 2 picks for this guy. Hes well worth it.. What is with the hype of quinn. This guy hasnt done anyhting to stand out..russel is by far the best qb in the draft..I am officially on the bring in as many fa's as possible so we dont waste a pick bandwagon. But id waste one on cj any day

soooo... is comparable in what???

I would say Joe Thomas is probably worth trading up for too at LT.

our line in comparison to other positions is not that bad. pep made it look bad with his ****** IQ once harrington came in he even made it look better. so i would say bring in play makers whomever that might be. this is what makes our team look bad our offense has no play makers. Johnson, Russel, or quin before a lineman these guys can make plays

I would say Joe Thomas is probably worth trading up for too at LT.

I would have to agree on that. Peterson's injury stuff kind of worries me and I think if we needed another RB we could get one day 2. If RW gets reinstated there i no need to draft a RB this year.

you're right about us needing playmakers

our line in comparison to other positions is not that bad. pep made it look bad with his ****** IQ once harrington came in he even made it look better. so i would say bring in play makers whomever that might be. this is what makes our team look bad our offense has no play makers. Johnson, Russel, or quin before a lineman these guys can make plays

I've been stressing on this board that the Dolphins need playmakers for the longest time.

The Dolphins have only one legitimate playmaker on this team and that is Jason Taylor. Zach Thomas makes tackles but I don't know if I would call him a playmaker.

We will never challenge for a playoff spot much less the Super Bowl until we start getting more playmakers on this team.

The playmaker positions are QB, RB, WR, and TE on offense and DE, LB, CB, and S on defense and PR and KR on special teams.

As for the Draft and our needs at the playmaker positions, WR, S, QB, DE, CB,LB, KR/PR are our priorities. I based this opinion on the quality available at each position and the drafted player's chance of contributing immediately or in the near future.

WR and S are two positions where the right playmaker can come in and contribute immediately or even start. The talent at CB are filled with question marks concerning their speed or coverage skills. QB's usually take 2-3 years to reach where they can expect to make a contribution. DE and LB can usually make quick contributions. KR/PR can also contribute immediately.

If we select a WR, S, or Russell/Quinn or one of the top 3 DE/OLB (those with special pass rushing skills) I'll be happy.

I'm not so crazy about Quinn because he didn't really perform great in the big games and I've read that his passes tend to flutter at times (which usually translates to interceptions) but I won't be terribly upset if we pick him unless one of the WR's that graded out better than him after the combine was still available.

I'm not sure why the need to move up in the draft. It's not like Miami is 1 or even 2 players away from being a title contender. The opposite should be talked about and that is moving down and acquiring additional picks. Ask yourself, would Calvin Johnson or Joe Thomas or JaMarcus Russell make that much of a difference turn to a 6-10 team to a team that can compete for a title? I say no. Of course, I know no one in this draft can do that for the Dolphins, but why give up 2-3 picks this year and picks next year to move up 5-7 spots? This team needs to add youth to an aging team and needs to add playmakers to an average offense.

why move up when quinn will be there for the taking at 9! no team in the top 9 need a quarterback the only danger is houston at 8 but i still believe it's going to be carr or plummer there.

Our line improved when we tinkered with it. They moved Shelton to RG and Dmac came in at LT. This was after Harrington started a few games too, so don't get it twisted.

Back
Top Bottom