Abramson: Source says Dolphins like Cyrus Kouandjio | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Abramson: Source says Dolphins like Cyrus Kouandjio

Moving Wheeler to strongside linebacker when he is weak and can't hit anyone let alone tackle??!! Yeah real smart.

I believe Wheeler's most successful season was at WLB. That's what he played for the Raiders and it was his play that season that induced us to give him the lucrative contract.

Let's face it, he can't play any worse...

player i see a lot of in kouanjo even after this season is keleche osemele for the ravens and a 2nd round pick...right tackle left guard who as a pro has been better kicked inside at guard...but may be moving back outside to right tackle with oher moving on depending on what the ravens do at tackle in the draft...

similar players imo...

Hmmm.. Hoops glad to hear you seeing at Guard. You finally came around :)

I still don't see him at Tackle, even on the right.

I believe Wheeler's most successful season was at WLB. That's what he played for the Raiders and it was his play that season that induced us to give him the lucrative contract.

Let's face it, he can't play any worse...

It's the reverse. Wheeler played his best in Oakland at SLB, and was moved to WLB in Miami.

Tired of tanking people with injuries

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comical that some are taking this as truth....

Hmmm.. Hoops glad to hear you seeing at Guard. You finally came around :)

I still don't see him at Tackle, even on the right.

look at his 2012 work and tell me you don't see high end left tackle stuff...he looked lighter was more athletic etc...agreed that for what we saw in 2013 that looks more kick inside...but he has dropped what i thinik was some bad weight and his tecnhique i think suffered this last season

look at his 2012 work and tell me you don't see high end left tackle stuff...he looked lighter was more athletic etc...agreed that for what we saw in 2013 that looks more kick inside...but he has dropped what i thinik was some bad weight and his tecnhique i think suffered this last season

Here's the thing.....Kouandjio has played at an Elite level in college....some of these guys "rated higher" have nevear been "elite"....2012 he was the best lineman on the bama team....that includes two guy who went first round. Granted his 2013 tape is average....at least we know an elite player is in there somewhere.

Here's the thing.....Kouandjio has played at an Elite level in college....some of these guys "rated higher" have nevear been "elite"....2012 he was the best lineman on the bama team....that includes two guy who went first round. Granted his 2013 tape is average....at least we know an elite player is in there somewhere.

personally i think that little speed rusher for oklahoma would give a lot of guys fits with his speed off the edge...make it hard to get a hand on him with a lot of guys...that was some ugly tape though pass pro wise from him though...exposed mccarron too as a guy that doesn't handle pressure very well at all

i don't buy any of the played left tackle in college difficult transition to the right side stuff etc...most the time the guys that get kicked over it's a foot and athleticism thing more than it is a can't play the other side thing...people just got to project em as pros on the correct side how i see it

just like i don't buy any zach martin can't play the rigth side either...the feet and technique can transfer...yeah he's a little lighter and shorter than ideal but it's also a zone scheme and well you have plenty of fallback should he fail position options as i see it...anywhere inside etc

and yeah i agree with you that cyrus was the best looking line prospect on that loaded 2012 oline even...

Zach Martin will be an okay RT, but an elite OG in the NFL.

personally i think that little speed rusher for oklahoma would give a lot of guys fits with his speed off the edge...make it hard to get a hand on him with a lot of guys...that was some ugly tape though pass pro wise from him though...exposed mccarron too as a guy that doesn't handle pressure very well at all

i don't buy any of the played left tackle in college difficult transition to the right side stuff etc...most the time the guys that get kicked over it's a foot and athleticism thing more than it is a can't play the other side thing...people just got to project em as pros on the correct side how i see it

just like i don't buy any zach martin can't play the rigth side either...the feet and technique can transfer...yeah he's a little lighter and shorter than ideal but it's also a zone scheme and well you have plenty of fallback should he fail position options as i see it...anywhere inside etc

and yeah i agree with you that cyrus was the best looking line prospect on that loaded 2012 oline even...

Players transition all the time from right to left and vice versa...if the talent and footwork are there....it shouldn't matter.

Martin will start somewhere on the line....RT, G, I wouldn't be surprised if he couldn't play center...

The question is not whether Kouandijo is rated higher. The question is what are you getting with Kouandijo.

If you think there is a very real possibility that long term medical issues are the reason he underperformed this past year, then that's a red flag that drops him out of the 1st round entirely.

If you think that those medical issues are temporary and quickly resolvable and that his recent poor performance can be fixed in his rookie season as he plays himself into his potential, then he is definitely a 13-20 pick range guy. He will always grade below Robinson, Matthews and Lewan.

Someone will take a chance on him. I highly doubt he lasts to our 2nd rounder at 50. I could easily see him go ahead of Martin and not be there for us at 19 because he is a true OT.

I think he is a poor man's Robinson, with potential to be a very good LT. If one team isn't scared off about the medicals, he is going high.

Personally, I like Kouandijo, but don't really know what to make of his injury status and bad play this year, so absent good info on that I'm a bit scared off.

I see Zack Martin as potentially the next Logan Mankins and an ideal fit for out ZBS at LG. He is quick, has good size, and technically is fantastic. I see a ZBS dominant plug and play LG. Given the state of our OL in recent years, I'd be ecstatic with him.

He can do for a ZBS what Mike Iuapati does for San Francisco's power scheme. Provide dominant inside and outside running while keeping his QB clean and flawlessly handling stunts and twists.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Abramsom is being used here, but may not be being abused. This is the time of year smoke fills the sir. Abramsom is fairly new and been working hard. Most of the draft strategy stuff he is saying is common sense just looking at the roster. Who they are specifcally targeting is utter BS. My guess is the organization is using him to "leak" information out about who they want and a strategy. Ok, he leaked Miami is going heavy on offense...really? Ya think, stop the presses... Whoever is his source probably told him we are going to give you this to leak out and later I will give you a real scoop, or just keep you close.

It's basically a scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

Armando Salguero ‏@ArmandoSalguero 1m
Kouandjio in 1st is ridiculous. And wrong. RT @bpastermack: So Dolphins love Kouandjou in the 1st or James in the 2nd?

well that was blunt lol say what you want about Armando, the Herald has by far the best sources

Back
Top Bottom