Absolutely Great Info In This Weeks Mmqb | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Absolutely Great Info In This Weeks Mmqb

"The Cardinals’ handling of Rosen as an asset deserves the scrutiny it’s getting. The idea that teams that touched base early on (Dolphins, Redskins, Giants, Chargers) would be just as interested on Day 1 of the draft, with their months-long plans unfolding that night, is flat-out asinine. By Friday morning, Haskins was a Redskin, Jones was a Giant, and the Chargers’ tepid interest in Rosen was gone. That left Arizona with a single suitor for a player who was seen as a prodigy as a UCLA true freshman, and became a top-10 pick despite a host of questions ahead of the 2018 draft. I really like the match of Kliff Kingsbury and Kyler Murray, and I think it’s got a shot to work in the NFL, which would make all of this just a sidebar to how the Cardinals got there. But to walk away from Rosen with Andy Isabella and a fifth-rounder next year is pretty nuts."

This x 1000.

Eventually NFL teams are going to start using the value of QBs on rookie deals more appropriately. Thank God it wasn't Arizona.

Great quote:

It’s Groundhog Day for Josh Rosen: He’s a rookie again, with the benefit of experience. Looking back, he saw some opportunities to mentor other players in Arizona that he let slip. He wants to fix that. “There are little moments where you can step up and be a leader and help a guy,” he says.

“I think some people take this chance for granted and think it will last forever,” Rosen continues. “I got a little newsflash after Year One: You’ve really got to give it absolutely everything you’ve got every day, because this game is fleeting.”

while i still dont think tannehill is fully to blame for how things wound up in miami, it is beyond time to do what is needed to find "the guy"...i think rosen deserves time to be evaluated and room to grow but if he doesnt show some serious promise where you feel confident in his future you have to draft someone next year, we cant wait any longer...i feel bad for anybody who is a fins fan who never got to see marino play, but i also feel bad for all of us that did and have had to watch the turds trotted out for the past 20 years...it is time to settle the qb position

Rosen was a great player in college football, Tannehill was largely mediocre at Texas A&M. Rosen has what it takes to be great.

It sounds good on the surface if true, but it is just simple coach speak at this point.

well, actually, it's just GM speak but it's hard to argue with the logic presented. We spent a 4th, effectively a 6th, and $2m to try out a reclamation project. We know he's got top flight football skills at a lower level of competition but we don't know if last year was an aberration or reflects that the game is too fast for him in the NFL.

But given the investment in Rosen is so damned low, I can't imagine that there would be any friction preventing picking a QB next year (or the year after) unless Rosen is clearly a top flight franchise QB. And even then, having the option to pick a QB with a different and better set of strengths and weaknesses gives the team lots of very interesting trade choices. Grier didn't make any costly trades that would reflect poorly and force him to defend this move / choice (a.k.a. the Giants) and he as gone on record that the team made a mistake in waiting so long for the diamond in the rough turn into a jewel with Tannehill.

Next year is next year. Complaining before a bad decision is made, about the bad decision that hasn't yet been made, seems a little silly.

lol at all the Giants and Gettleman apologizing, although I guess it's what these kind of articles are for.

just wondering how many NFL QBs have ever heard of Darfur, let alone what happens to children there

This is the reality, in a nutshell.

Those whining about this move are, for the most part, ppl that believe Grier, and co, are incompetent, and incapable of making good decisions.

If that is thier starting assumption, nothing will make them happy, short of a new owner, and GM.
That certainly is not my philosophy. How can we judge the new staff without a single game having been played yet and without having seen a single pick other than Rosen having taken the field? My reservations about this pick are based almost solely on Rosen’s rookie campaign and what most reasonable GM’s do to gauge their players. The competency of this FO won’t be judged until later, but as a positive in the Rosen trade, it is clear Miami got the better value.

“I wonder if I unfollow Parley for the Oceans [a climate change awareness group], that will bring the same kind of attention for their organization, and maybe we can save the planet.” - in reference to the unlike.

Leave it to a Dolphin to clean the ocean(s).

That's how you answer that sheeeeeeet. I already joined their site. I love the ocean.

Back
Top Bottom