Ac In The Am: Five Players To Watch This Summer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ac In The Am: Five Players To Watch This Summer

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/five-dolphins-players-to-watch-this-summer

Charles Harris

kzvphbzydb8cepbslbiu.jpg

Is it possible a new coaching staff is exactly what this former No. 1 pick needed to take his career to another level? Harris is entering his third season. Say it anyway you want, but he has yet to make the type of impact you would expect from the 22nd overall pick in the 2017 draft. But that could change with a different defensive mindset, one predicated on creativity and flexibility.

Harris spent these three days of voluntary workouts playing all over the defense, even working out some with the defensive backs. What I envision is this new coaching staff utilizing him in all sorts of formations, both as a down lineman and a stand-up linebacker, taking advantage of his quickness and his 250-pound frame. You see it all the time in the league, a player struggling in one system, then exceling in another. The next couple of months, as workouts progress, should bring us more clarity.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/five-dolphins-players-to-watch-this-summer

Charles Harris

kzvphbzydb8cepbslbiu.jpg

Is it possible a new coaching staff is exactly what this former No. 1 pick needed to take his career to another level? Harris is entering his third season. Say it anyway you want, but he has yet to make the type of impact you would expect from the 22nd overall pick in the 2017 draft. But that could change with a different defensive mindset, one predicated on creativity and flexibility.

Harris spent these three days of voluntary workouts playing all over the defense, even working out some with the defensive backs. What I envision is this new coaching staff utilizing him in all sorts of formations, both as a down lineman and a stand-up linebacker, taking advantage of his quickness and his 250-pound frame. You see it all the time in the league, a player struggling in one system, then exceling in another. The next couple of months, as workouts progress, should bring us more clarity.

What people seem to forget (or ignore) is none of these guys were picked far from their consensus ranking - that is, no Pat White. There is an honest debate about fit, but some cling to the myth Miami drafts 'bad' players.
Given that, how much of their (poor] performance was individual based and how much was coaching/scheme? I'm very interested in what good coaching can do for these and a few others

What people seem to forget (or ignore) is none of these guys were picked far from their consensus ranking - that is, no Pat White. There is an honest debate about fit, but some cling to the myth Miami drafts 'bad' players.
Given that, how much of their (poor] performance was individual based and how much was coaching/scheme? I'm very interested in what good coaching can do for these and a few others
I agree exactly with you which is why I hated loosing Rizi. Sure Harris talent level may not be top notch but coaching and take all players to greater heights. Harris could just end up being good not great and with the void at DE presently I will take that.

Prior to that draft, I thought of Harris as more of a 3-4 player. In that sense, it surprised me when Miami took him. This is really his last chance IMO, but it's a great opportunity for him in a system that should better suit his talents.

There's no doubt we could use help from all 5 guys. Coaching matters but only so much. If it was all about coaching then NE would have the same 53 players every year. Some players will never make it regardless of who the coach is. With these guys they're all young so there's a chance but they need to get it going now.

Charles Harris has a hard time beating his man while locating the football..same thing in college..it was a serious red flag..

I can't wait til early in the season when we expose Gase's lack of coachability.

Parker and Harris are the only two of the five I'm worried about.

Last edited:
There's no doubt we could use help from all 5 guys. Coaching matters but only so much. If it was all about coaching then NE would have the same 53 players every year. Some players will never make it regardless of who the coach is. With these guys they're all young so there's a chance but they need to get it going now.

Agree. There are a few factors for every player - talent, coaching, scheme, surrounding talent, commitment, among others. Coaching won't help some, but we've all seen coaching improve players

Don’t hold your breath on Charles Harris, I have yet to see anything from this player worthy of talking about. I hope the light turns on, but I suspect it never will.

Prior to that draft, I thought of Harris as more of a 3-4 player. In that sense, it surprised me when Miami took him. This is really his last chance IMO, but it's a great opportunity for him in a system that should better suit his talents.

He is not a DE in my opinion... outside backer in a 3-4 possibly!

True. I am also quite interested in this new coaching staffs ability (hopefully) to
unlock the potential of certain players -- especially Harris. I'm not expecting
miracles but it would be a pleasure to see some legitimate upticks in
productivity on the field as a direct result of application...

True. I am also quite interested in this new coaching staffs ability (hopefully) to
unlock the potential of certain players -- especially Harris. I'm not expecting
miracles but it would be a pleasure to see some legitimate upticks in
productivity on the field as a direct result of application...

Yup. That, plus a DC who knows how to call plays and get players in situations that maximize their strengths. Burke was abysmal

I know what Kenyan Drake is going to bring to the team and I like it. I am going to keep my eye on his understudy because I think Ballage has some great upside and want to confirm those thoughts.

I believe in Fitz, Drake and Gesicki ....

Maybe Harris can show something as an outside pass rusher in a 3/4, but he is not going to miraculously become a monster DE ... I have no hope for Parker - he has no heart.

Back
Top Bottom