Ac In The Am: Gesicki Starting To Step Up | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ac In The Am: Gesicki Starting To Step Up

Phindog

Active Roster
Reaction score
It appears that things are slowing down for Mike G......

AC In The AM: Gesicki Starting To Step Up

At first there was confusion and uncertainty, a playbook filled with foreign language, an offense that was challenging to learn and a level of heat and humidity that his body just wasn’t ready for. But as the days of training camp have passed, we have begun to see a noticeable difference in rookie tight end Mike Gesicki.

In so many ways, the fog is lifting.

Suddenly, or so it seems, Gesicki is attacking each play with greater confidence, running his routes with more precision and generally doing more reacting than thinking. With it we have seen some plays that have shouted what Gesicki could mean to this team and this offense. No doubt, he is far from a finished product and he is well aware of that.

It was a deep throw in the first week of camp from Ryan Tannehill to the front right corner of the end zone. Gesicki was turning to the inside and the ball was thrown outside. He had to react instantly just to be in position to catch the ball and, even with that, he had no option but to bring it down with his left hand and still somehow keep his feet in bounds.

https://www.miamidolphins.com/news/ac-in-the-am-gesicki-starting-to-step-up

My Lord .. I'm starting to get super giddy about this guy. I watched that catch on a loop for a good minute. Which, when you consider the length of the clip, is quite a number of times. Honestly, even if he's not a huge factor overall in his first year or two, just putting him on the field in the red zone should open up so many things.

Historically, athletic pass-catching TEs don't really 'break out' until their sophomore seasons. So I am going to temper my enthusiasm a little bit.

But this guy, wow. I don't think he's going to be as good as Gronkowski (don't think we will see anyone as good all around as Gronkowski for a long time), but he's going to be pretty dang good.

Historically, athletic pass-catching TEs don't really 'break out' until their sophomore seasons. So I am going to temper my enthusiasm a little bit.

But this guy, wow. I don't think he's going to be as good as Gronkowski (don't think we will see anyone as good all around as Gronkowski for a long time), but he's going to be pretty dang good.

I'm figuring by mid season his number will get called more. First half of the season a dozen Red Zone plays has his name written all over them.

Cohen has the uncanny ability to make me believe everything is right in Dolphins world and we'll be competing for a ship.

That being said, I'm in agreement with him regarding Gesicki. How can you not get excited with what we've seen from him considering TE has been a dud for us since Clay

I remember Joseph Fauria's rookie year in Detroit... only had 18 receptions, but scored 7 TD's. Kid couldn't block his way out of a wet paper sack coming out of UCLA.

All Miami has to do is call Gesicki's number in the red zone. They'll get 6 points.

Yeo issue with Fauria is he ended up having an attitude issue

I will not sing praises until he starts doing that in the regular season and hopefully playoffs. The last time we went ape-dook over spectacular catch rookies we wound up with Sean Smith.

There's no reason why Gesicki can't be a great receiving TE for us. I'm not even worry about the blocking at this point. He will go get the ball and we haven't have that in a long time at TE

I just can't see how this dude doesn't end up with a minimum of 40 catches and 7 TD's his rookie year, espeically If old man Julius Thomas can get 41 catches with Jay Cutler and Landry getting 160 targets.

I just can't see how this dude doesn't end up with a minimum of 40 catches and 7 TD's his rookie year, espeically If old man Julius Thomas can get 41 catches with Jay Cutler and Landry getting 160 targets.
Did Thomas really get 41 catches last season? I mean he's probably the only guy I didnt even bother to look up on PFR... Good point!

we also have to consider...even if gesicki doesnt put up big numbers his rookie year, having him on the field, especially in the red zone, should open up somebody else...they will know gesickis gonna get a look in the RZ based on his size and jumping alone...

I remember Joseph Fauria's rookie year in Detroit... only had 18 receptions, but scored 7 TD's. Kid couldn't block his way out of a wet paper sack coming out of UCLA.

All Miami has to do is call Gesicki's number in the red zone. They'll get 6 points.
Hunter Henry. Only 36 catches as a rookie in 2016 but 8 TDs.

Back
Top Bottom