AC In The AM: Josh Rosen's Upside Offers Enticing Possibilities | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AC In The AM: Josh Rosen's Upside Offers Enticing Possibilities

DKphin

Club Member
Reaction score
Now we get to hit the pause button on the season. Now we get to spend a few days evaluating what we have seen over the first four games of the season. This is good. This is important. The Dolphins obviously have a lot to sort through.

For instance:
  • I have seen the upside of Josh Rosen and I like it. I understand that touchdowns are the ultimate barometer, but sometimes there are other indicators like the three Ps: Productivity, Poise and Potential. We have seen examples of all three over his first two starts. All are encouraging signs. All are tempered by the team-wide struggles in second halves of games. But if you look a little closer, you’ll see that Rosen is doing some things very well. My biggest takeaway? When he has time he has been accurate, as in seven of seven early on against the Chargers. My second takeaway? He needs more help from those around him. My third takeaway? He needs to avoid making poor decisions under pressure. Overall, his growth is clearly evident and I would expect it to continue following the bye.

I want to trade Rosen to the Vikings for a first round pick

May never happen.... BUT, the Vikings should really cut ties with Cousins and his huge contract.

Often teams have to insert a high pick into the package for another team to accept a crappy player with a large contract. We are one of the few teams in the league that can easily absorb his contract.

So I would explore a Cousins trade to us. It’s basically an exchange of money for a draft pick. I’m in

While the Rosen to Minnesota trade for a first is enticing, what if...
We win 5 games and end up picking 4th. Rosen is our QB ace in the hole for missing out on Tua and/or Herbert. Not sure I would trade that considering what we already have with draft picks.
Minnesota wants to make the playoffs. Are they really going to bring in a QB with virtually NO experience, mid-season, to get them to the playoffs, after having NO time to learn the offense?
I would be STUNNED to see Rosen traded to Minnesota mid-season...it makes zero sense for Minnesota. Maybe after the season, or after/during the draft, depending on who we pick.

His slow processing, panic during pressure, lack of touch, and inability to lead during the second half of games should give everyone pause. He has a very good arm, and I like the progress he has made. I have some doubts that he will overcome his deficiencies. He still has 12 games left on his tryout, and I am rooting for him to excel.

His slow processing, panic during pressure, lack of touch, and inability to lead during the second half of games should give everyone pause. He has a very good arm, and I like the progress he has made. I have some doubts that he will overcome his deficiencies. He still has 12 games left on his tryout, and I am rooting for him to excel.

You’re all wrong. Panic during pressure???? My god do you actually watch football? Rosen sees pressure and moves around the pocket like a pro. My only complaint is that twice when he got sacked he had time to throw the ball away. But I think that was more trying to create a play than not seeing what was coming because he has in the past games threw the ball away. As far as second halves go, other teams are making adjustments, we don’t have an OL so we have to max protect and we lose our TEs, WRs dropping balls all over the field and a RB who fumbles weekly. We just don’t have the personnel right now to make adjustments against other teams adjustments

You’re all wrong. Panic during pressure???? My god do you actually watch football? Rosen sees pressure and moves around the pocket like a pro. My only complaint is that twice when he got sacked he had time to throw the ball away. But I think that was more trying to create a play than not seeing what was coming because he has in the past games threw the ball away. As far as second halves go, other teams are making adjustments, we don’t have an OL so we have to max protect and we lose our TEs, WRs dropping balls all over the field and a RB who fumbles weekly. We just don’t have the personnel right now to make adjustments against other teams adjustments
Rosen is the league-leader in ensuring that his team has the worst record in all of football.

He will have a 100% rating in this area by season end. On this alone he may end up having tremendous trade value to anyone considering a Tankathon strategy.

In fact, the process may be now be formally known as the “Rosethon”

Rosen is the league-leader in ensuring that his team has the worst record in all of football.

He will have a 100% rating in this area by season end. On this alone he may end up having tremendous trade value to anyone considering a Tankathon strategy.

:rolleyes:

I have been pretty impressed with Rosen so far. I have mixed feelings about using our first pick on a QB. Look at Arizona. They did nothing to put Rosen in a position to win. Then they used the first overall pick on a QB instead of surrounding their 1st round pick the year before with talent. He has looked good at times, but guess what Arizona is 0-3-1. We can draft whatever QB we want next year, but the team isn’t going to win if we don’t add talent. Forget Tua/Herbert/Fromm, Dan Marino in his prime wouldn’t be winning games with the team we currently have.

I'll take Rosen (and his contract) over Cousins (and his contract) + 1st any day.

I know most are looking at the 1st, but Rosen wasn't free. So, you're really not buying a 1st.

You're buying the net difference between a 1st and Rosen's 2nd.

Nearly $60M is not worth the price. Meanwhile, keeping Rosen gives us a lot of options. Especially if he continues to develop. He is a security blanket now and a trade asset later when we need to truly decide about his next contract.

I see people being blinded with the opportunity to have another 1st, without considering Rosen represents a 2nd.

5D49D65E-1A53-4C2B-96DB-6ECF1E59F2A9.jpeg

Only on this forum would people legitimately think that a guy who is completing 51% of his passes, throwing for 120 ypg, a 1/3 TD/INT ratio, and a 55 QB rating would command anything more than we got him for, let alone a first round pick.

Man, the delusion is outright rampant here.

Ahhh "Potential"

I'd love for another team to send us a pick for Rosen's "potential".

Otherwise I'm happy to keep him in the QB room and let him compete when we draft a QB this year.

He does have poise...absolutely. He needs to process things more quickly. His decision-making isn't typically "bad" but it is typically "slow".

If he falls more into this offense and things speed up for him I'd be more intrigued. As of now I'm still seeing the same old things I saw in preseason.

Back
Top Bottom