AC In The AM: Josh Rosen's Upside Offers Enticing Possibilities | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AC In The AM: Josh Rosen's Upside Offers Enticing Possibilities

I have been pretty impressed with Rosen so far. I have mixed feelings about using our first pick on a QB. Look at Arizona. They did nothing to put Rosen in a position to win. Then they used the first overall pick on a QB instead of surrounding their 1st round pick the year before with talent. He has looked good at times, but guess what Arizona is 0-3-1. We can draft whatever QB we want next year, but the team isn’t going to win if we don’t add talent. Forget Tua/Herbert/Fromm, Dan Marino in his prime wouldn’t be winning games with the team we currently have.
Dan Marino in his prime would have chewed out all these guys dropping balls so much that they’d be missing 50% of their assess.

We will see more in the next 2 weeks as opposing teams get more tape on him.

As for the 3 Ps, stop trying to justify your man crush. When adjustments are made, Rosen and the whole offensive unit folds.

Most of all of this is crazy dated due to changing times but heres all your Bill Parcell info...

info for drafting QB....

1. Be a three-year starter...no

Not that it matters much, but JR was a 3 year starter, he got hurt midway through his sophomore year.

Rosen hasn't even hit that 266 yards in a single GAME yet in his entire career.

i had no idea. i've never looked at rosen's stats from last year. holy ****. ATROCIOUS. all of them. and he's putting up the same type of numbers again this year. yet guys like murray, jones, minshew and allen come in and are able to put up numbers and have success.

its amazing how much 7 years of ryan tannehill lowered the bar around here.

My opinion of Rosen is that we are all so desperate to see some nuggets of gold in the massive pile of stinking **** that is this season, we are overegging the contribution Rosen has made and his general ability. Andy Cohen is renowned for it and it’s to be expected when he’s on the company pay roll, we here should know better and don’t have his excuse.

I was disappointed with the way Rosen played in the 2nd half on Sunday. It made me lean more towards picking Tua at #1 overall then i've felt throughout camp and early in the season. Before I commit to that pick however I do want to see how Rosen plays throughout the year as he becomes more comfortable and the opponents become less formidable. I also want to see how Tua does against some better competition given that he's throwing to so many quality wideouts and for the most part has plenty of time.

There's no need to make draft choices in October when there's so much information to process between now and April.
Ah, the voice of reason.

The way this forum talks, it's apparently a better strategy to just draft everybody else on offense first and leave QB until last, because apparently that's the only way a QB can look good.

Finheaven 2019. Where QB is the least important of an offense since it's everybody else's job to prop him up.

You're right, QB is definitely the most important position. We are in a bit of a different position though, to be talking ONLY the QB don't you think? I don't think anyone is saying that a top tier QB shouldn't be a priority. They just don't see it necessary to nuke the whole organization to get that ONE player. He won't overcome this amount of deficiencies. This roster is so devoid of quality talent that if we don't focus heavily on the trenches OL & DL it won't matter if we bring Jesus Christ in, he's going to get killed.......again.

You're right, QB is definitely the most important position. We are in a bit of a different position though, to be talking ONLY the QB don't you think? I don't think anyone is saying that a top tier QB shouldn't be a priority. They just don't see it necessary to nuke the whole organization to get that ONE player. He won't overcome this amount of deficiencies. This roster is so devoid of quality talent that if we don't focus heavily on the trenches OL & DL it won't matter if we bring Jesus Christ in, he's going to get killed.......again.
That is not what is being discussed at all here. A lot of people are saying that Rosen is not responsible for his own failings and that we should bypass taking a QB and build around Rosen because he's "shown something". That's the idea I'm fighting against.

He is most definitely responsible, just not solely responsible.

I was disappointed with the way Rosen played in the 2nd half on Sunday. however I do want to see how Rosen plays throughout the year as he becomes more comfortable and the opponents become less formidable. I also want to see how Tua does against some better competition given that he's throwing to so many quality wideouts and for the most part has plenty of time.

There's no need to make draft choices in October when there's so much information to process between now and April.
Right!
There's plenty of time, and a LOT can transpire.

Lets see, Rosen is playing with the worst o line, RB's, Wr's, and TE's in the NFL. So who out there would make this bunch of misfits look good? His stats wouldn't look half as bad if the receivers and RB's caught the balls that hit them in the hands. He would have at least thee more td's and we would have had the lead in both games at the half. Not saying Rosen is the answer, but he is if the question who has the worst supporting cast in the nfl, than he is.

Until we find a QB that truly impacts this team with his play AND his leadership, keep drafting.

Rosen can be groomed into a very good QB. And I'll keep him around for that reason. He's the "Ace In the Hole".

But I'm also still drafting until I hit gold.

You have to sustain winning and progress even while you search for the real treasure.

Rosen has a lot of value to this team as #2 or even an eventual groomed #1. But I'm not stopping there. I'm not stopping even when I do find gold. I'll keep firing to make sure we don't end up here again.

One ****ed, one loaded.

So everyone is talking Tua/Rosen as if we are automatically getting the first pick AND Tua is declaring. So what if we end up say 4th overall? What are the plans then? Are you willing to trade multiple picks for Tua? What if Cin is at one and they want 3 firsts? What if Cin isn’t willing to trade at all? Or do we stay put and draft Fromm or barf Herbert? Do we give Rosen another yr?

Last edited:
So everyone is talking Tua/Rosen as if we are automatically getting the first pick AND Tua is declaring. So what if we end up say 4th overall? What are the plans then? Are you willing to trade multiple picks for Tua? What if Cin is at one and they want 3 firsts? What if Cin isn’t willing to trade at all? Or do we stay put and draft Fromm or barf Herbert? Do we give Rosen another yr?

Is this like Jeopardy!

What is "Schrodinger's cat" Alex!

Back
Top Bottom