AC In The AM: Josh Rosen's Upside Offers Enticing Possibilities | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AC In The AM: Josh Rosen's Upside Offers Enticing Possibilities

Rosen the Good:
1. Arm talent is obvious; Can hit touch throws and drive the ball when needed
2. Pocket awareness is miles ahead of Tannehill. He slips and slides effectively.
3. I think he's growing into a leader. He seems to be taking more accountability.

Rosen the Bad:
1. The Processing Speed problems are evident. Defenses can fool him post snap and it's causing him to identify the wrong primary receiver.
2. Anticipation is not there. Because he's processing slowly, he's also not anticipating routes well. He has to see it before he lets the pass go...evident when he hitches. It's also causing him to be late on passes which leads to a whole host of problems (defenders reading his eyes and getting time to break on routes, pass rush getting that extra second to disrupt plays, etc.)
3. He's missing the gimme throws. He misses some of the easy throws that result in shorter down and distance.
4. He's getting some of the protection calls wrong. Strangely, I don't think he always correctly identifies the Mike LB. He also hasn't yet shown the next level comfort and awareness to slide protection to adjust to blitzes.

Overall, I keep playing Rosen because he's a trade asset and we need to increase the value of that asset by showing development through playing time this season, but in many respects, Tua is already a better QB. If it's a choice between the two, I still draft Tua.

I have been pretty impressed with Rosen so far. I have mixed feelings about using our first pick on a QB. Look at Arizona. They did nothing to put Rosen in a position to win. Then they used the first overall pick on a QB instead of surrounding their 1st round pick the year before with talent. He has looked good at times, but guess what Arizona is 0-3-1. We can draft whatever QB we want next year, but the team isn’t going to win if we don’t add talent. Forget Tua/Herbert/Fromm, Dan Marino in his prime wouldn’t be winning games with the team we currently have.

Easy there...Dan Marino in his prime...???

Dude even Shula was like WTF!!!

Shula tried that old school coaching process and let Marino sit out 5 games before sitting putting him in a MNF game against the Raiders.

Seriously! The game seemed out of reach and Marino came in and seriously moved the ball on those ****s. I think Marino wins that game had Shula started him.

I see your point - this team is devoid of talent - and the NFL is not the NBA where one player makes the team exponentially better - but Marino is as close to a Michael Jordan as there ever was.

Don’t worry though 140 million dollars buys plenty of upgrade in talent.

This season will help develop of few - and we are gonna go shopping my friend!!!

Only on this forum would people legitimately think that a guy who is completing 51% of his passes, throwing for 120 ypg, a 1/3 TD/INT ratio, and a 55 QB rating would command anything more than we got him for, let alone a first round pick.

Man, the delusion is outright rampant here.
People project how Rosen would look behind a decent o-line, throwing to WRs that can catch. They don't look at raw numbers. Rosen os doing about as good as any QB in the league if they project that QB having to work with the same things Rosen is.

You’re all wrong. Panic during pressure???? My god do you actually watch football? Rosen sees pressure and moves around the pocket like a pro. My only complaint is that twice when he got sacked he had time to throw the ball away. But I think that was more trying to create a play than not seeing what was coming because he has in the past games threw the ball away. As far as second halves go, other teams are making adjustments, we don’t have an OL so we have to max protect and we lose our TEs, WRs dropping balls all over the field and a RB who fumbles weekly. We just don’t have the personnel right now to make adjustments against other teams adjustments

Yes, he does panic. Watch the game. He does recognize pressure and he navigates the pocket fairly well. The safety that should have been called is a good example. He had two fantastic options for a crushing play including a 40+ yarder on that play. Some of the overthrows are Rosen rushing the throw when pressure is applied. Again, go back and watch either of his starts. There are plenty of examples. He is a young player, and having this issue is not surprising. Hopefully, he will continue to improve.

While the Rosen to Minnesota trade for a first is enticing, what if...
We win 5 games and end up picking 4th. Rosen is our QB ace in the hole for missing out on Tua and/or Herbert. Not sure I would trade that considering what we already have with draft picks.
Minnesota wants to make the playoffs. Are they really going to bring in a QB with virtually NO experience, mid-season, to get them to the playoffs, after having NO time to learn the offense?
I would be STUNNED to see Rosen traded to Minnesota mid-season...it makes zero sense for Minnesota. Maybe after the season, or after/during the draft, depending on who we pick.

I agree with this especially if Jordan Love is the pick. No way that dude should see the field next season. Starting Rosen another year surrounded by more talent only increases his value.

Yes, he does panic. Watch the game. He does recognize pressure and he navigates the pocket fairly well. The safety that should have been called is a good example. He had two fantastic options for a crushing play including a 40+ yarder on that play. Some of the overthrows are Rosen rushing the throw when pressure is applied. Again, go back and watch either of his starts. There are plenty of examples. He is a young player, and having this issue is not surprising. Hopefully, he will continue to improve.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion when Rosen has to get rid of the ball, he has no choice. But there were about 20 other posters who agreed with my post anyway

The way this forum talks, it's apparently a better strategy to just draft everybody else on offense first and leave QB until last, because apparently that's the only way a QB can look good.

Finheaven 2019. Where QB is the least important of an offense since it's everybody else's job to prop him up.
Sorry not everyone on FH is in lockstep with your vacuum vision. :shrug: :

If you have a problem with this forum, there are others you can join; it's not like you have too much of a vested interest in this one anyone.

Sorry not everyone on FH is in lockstep with your vacuum vision. :shrug: :

If you have a problem with this forum, there are others you can join; it's not like you have too much of a vested interest in this one anyone.
If you have a problem with my posts I'm sure there is an ability to ignore too, but thanks for stopping by with those tablets from the mountains.

I'm not of the thinking that we suddenly spend a bunch of money to surround one guy with a ton of talent and think our work is done.

It is short sighted.

We have a chance for sustained long term success. I've not seen a team yet that spends money freely in FA and wins year in and year out.

Those thinking we have a ton of money to spend in FA to fix holes are not assessing how we should be built.

The bag of money we have now is to plug holes with mid-tier guys until our drafted talent fills the void. Then, we selectively extend our own guys when the price is right.

I've not seen a single team spend widely on one guy that brought them a Super Bowl and kept them coming back for future Super Bowls.

When you base your design around FA, you've already failed.

This bag of money is the future lifeblood of the organization. It gaurantees we have options now and options in the future.

You never base you plan on FA. FA is for finding finishing pieces, not the foundation. The foundation is drafted.

I’m blinded by his great pocket presence after watching tannehills pocket presence for the past 7 years lol

If you have a problem with my posts I'm sure there is an ability to ignore too, but thanks for stopping by with those tablets from the mountains.
Let's see if you possess the mental will power to actually let a positive or hopeful thread/post about Josh Rosen go unchallenged. ( You know, the Josh Rosen you wanted to bet who averages one killed WR a game until you realized how foolish you were)

Let's see if you possess the mental will power to actually let a positive or hopeful thread/post about Josh Rosen go unchallenged. ( You know, the Josh Rosen you wanted to bet who averages one killed WR a game until you realized how foolish you were)
"I'll bet you money Tom Brady doesn't average 1 WR killed per start" in your mind turns into "I'll bet you money Josh Rosen averages 1 WR killed per start for every game he's ever played in his career."

I'm soooo foolish. It's me. I'm the foolish one. You got me, brah.

"I'll bet you money Tom Brady doesn't average 1 WR killed per start" in your mind turns into "I'll bet you money Josh Rosen averages 1 WR killed per start for every game he's ever played in his career."

I'm soooo foolish. It's me. I'm the foolish one. You got me, brah.
Oh and when I posted it's obvious you don't have a vested* interest in this forum, I actually meant *carrying your own weight considering the will powerless barrage of anti Rosen posts per day.

Oh and when I posted it's obvious you don't have a vested* interest in this forum, I actually meant *carrying your own weight considering the will powerless barrage of anti Rosen posts per day.
I spent the whole offseason getting reamed for saying that we wouldn't be good because we were obviously tanking. Had to defend myself quite a bit there too and it had nothing to do with Rosen, but here we are with me being proven right. This is just next on the list, and don't sit there and pretend like a lot of my posts aren't responses to my posts directly.

I spent the whole offseason getting reamed for saying that we wouldn't be good because we were obviously tanking. Had to defend myself quite a bit there too and it had nothing to do with Rosen, but here we are with me being proven right. This is just next on the list, and don't sit there and pretend like a lot of my posts aren't responses to my posts directly.
You kind of remind me of a former passive aggressive jets fan member who could never leave a positive fins thread unchallenged, who sometimes went into a posting frenzy and who always had to have the last word... any relatives who are jets fans?

Back
Top Bottom