Ac In The Am: Training Camp’s Biggest Surprises | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ac In The Am: Training Camp’s Biggest Surprises

No name calling guys. Talk about the thread subject not each other

It's like you don't want to give any credit until you're 100% sure he's Elite. Why though?

If you watched what he did Thursday, and you didn't once think, 'oh we might have something here', then I just can't imagine your thought process.

I'm not saying you should be on the hype train or anything, but we're seeing something we rarely see and you're dismissing it because you need to see more. I don't get what seeing more has to do with what you've already seen. Was it good or not? Did it give you hope for his future or not?

Wow!!! So many negative people in here...
Debbie-Downer-300x300.jpg

Is it possible we can at least wait a few more preseason games before calling this team a waste...Heck, can we at least wait for Miami to lose it's 1st game, before expecting the worst from this team.

Good to see so many players on that list. Williams is exciting, but it's also nice to see a couple of defensive ends playing well. I know Ledbetter was expected to be drafted.

It's like you don't want to give any credit until you're 100% sure he's Elite. Why though?

If you watched what he did Thursday, and you didn't once think, 'oh we might have something here', then I just can't imagine your thought process.

I'm not saying you should be on the hype train or anything, but we're seeing something we rarely see and you're dismissing it because you need to see more. I don't get what seeing more has to do with what you've already seen. Was it good or not? Did it give you hope for his future or not?

As a general comment (picking out no one in particular), I understand wait-and-see. I understand 'I've been burned too many times.' But, as you point out, it's one thing to qualify comments with 'but I do see some encouraging signs' as opposed to 'I won't get excited until . . . '
All of us have scars from the previous 20 years. All of us have seen new coaches/players come in who disappointed. But it is not 'blind fan loyalty' to see potentials/possibilities as long as it's combined with reality

I've watched countless preseason stars. What happens during this time means nothing come September. That's all I mean by that.

He's got the body, I'm ****ing hoping he works out, but I don't get high or low during August.

I've watched countless preseason stars. What happens during this time means nothing come September. That's all I mean by that.

He's got the body, I'm ****ing hoping he works out, but I don't get high or low during August.

Fair enough. But ya know, I think the vast majority of us participating on this board kinda know
preseason doesn't count. But to deny the "upside" when [any one player] impresses throughout OTAs
and TC and then in a preseason game -- is just silly.

Bottom line -- it's a far better indicator that [any one player] is having an excellent camp etc. than the
same player showing nothing! It makes a difference (in a multitude of ways) to demonstrate you belong
in the NFL during this time frame than to fall on your face.

I'd say the ODDS are overwhelmingly better for [any one player] who continually impresses during OTAs
TC and preseason to actually have the chops to get it done in the season (as opposed to someone who
shows the lack thereof).

So like it or not, it does matter. And it also provides a degree of indication -- tho we realize it's NOT a guarantee.

Last edited:
We have a kid who's looking great. Why do we have to pick it apart? Let the kid shine. At this rate he is our new #1 star receiver but he has to do it over the long haul against the best in the world week after week. He reminded me of Paul Warfield in the way he looked very smooth out there. He makes circus catches look routine. He really is a master at getting the toes down and his hands seem very sure. I'd like nothing more than to see Rosen to Williams over and over for big chunk plays and game winning TD's for about a decade!

Fair enough. But ya know, I think the vast majority of us participating on this board kinda know
preseason doesn't count. But to deny the "upside" when [any one player] impresses throughout OTAs
and TC and then in a preseason game -- is just silly.

Bottom line -- it's a far better indicator that [any one player] is having an excellent camp etc. than the
same player showing nothing! It makes a difference (in a multitude of ways) to demonstrate you belong
in the NFL during this time frame than to fall on your face.

I'd say the ODDS are overwhelmingly better for [any one player] who continually impresses during OTAs
TC and preseason to actually have the chops to get it done in the season (as opposed to someone who
shows the lack thereof).

So like it or not, it does matter. And it also provides a degree of indication -- tho we realize it's NOT a guarantee.

Honestly, it's a dishonest conversation being lodged at P.Williams by some. By all account he's dominated at every level including college and has continued all the way through his 1st preseason game.

Enough so, that they have an entire story on the guy on NFL.com. Honestly, when was the last time that happened? Especially for an undrafted rookie? Clearly, that's not normal.

Yet, we have people saying when he does it against "R.Sherman or Ramsey etc" that's when i'll give him more credit...Ridiculous!

Honestly, it's a dishonest conversation being lodged at P.Williams by some. By all account he's dominated at every level including college and has continued all the way through his 1st preseason game.

Enough so, that they have an entire story on the guy on NFL.com. Honestly, when was the last time that happened? Especially for an undrafted rookie? Clearly, that's not normal.

Yet, we have people saying when he does it against "R.Sherman or Ramsey etc" that's when i'll give him more credit...Ridiculous!

I tend to agree re the dishonest (or perhaps -- "unfairly biased") take by others.

Totally agree the kid has shown "abnormal" (ridiculous) skills and NFL chops
for a UDFA. Honestly I cannot compare his performance to another UDFA in my
45+ years of following this team. In fact I can't even give an example that's close.
And -- let's include draft picks and suddenly you've got Dan Marino in the picture.

Yea. Yea. I know. Pump the breaks. But that's WHAT my eyes have seen so far.
And based on that -- if this kid was ALL PRO in 2-3 years I wouldn't be shocked...

It's just for FUN right now. That's all. No need to keep beating the bummer drum
when it appears we have golden nugget on our hands.

Last edited:
Because I need to see more. He's got the talent and he put it on display with ease, but one PREseason game doesn't impress me. If it continues through preseason then of course this kid will be a surprise, but not at this moment in time.

The Defensive End situation is dire and I saw that in in March. Flores better be the best scheme developer in the NFL to produce even consistent pressures.

That's why nothing is a surprise for me, everything I thought that would be weak appears it may be weak. I'm hoping Rosen becomes Farve and Williams becomes Sterling Sharpe, but I'm not counting on it. Miami wasn't going to he good this year, I don't see many wins on the table this season. 3-13 is a very real possibility.

I watched his high school highlights. Preston didn't do anything against Atlanta that he hasn't been doing his whole football career.

Actually, if he hadn't made most of those plays, that..........would probably have been surprising. The talent is just..........there.

He is only going to get bigger stronger faster better.

Yeah the kid is a young 22 years old, you don’t usually see receivers this young flash this early not named Green, Green, Jones, Hopkins..

He plays like a vet on the field, uses his body to shield, understands leverage..doesn’t look like the normal 22 year old, This was fairly easy to project considering his last year in college with a Qb who is selling insurance..

Back
Top Bottom