Ac In The Am: Training Camp’s Biggest Surprises | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ac In The Am: Training Camp’s Biggest Surprises

Of course I do.

What that hell does that have to do with the OP?

I'll answer for you. Absolutely nothing. But please dont let me stop you from crapping on any optimism you may see on a Miami Dolphins fan forum. I'm sure everyone appreciates it.

The OP was about "surprises" in camp. I said none and specifically said that the OL and DL was not a surprise they were terrible. You replied, not me.

The OP was about "surprises" in camp. I said none and specifically said that the OL and DL was not a surprise they were terrible. You replied, not me.

Sorry, I wasn't aware you were at camp.

Your response was "This team is lacking at key spots and it's going to impact the W/L record." Again, what does that have to do with discussing some promising looking UDFA's? Were you counting on them to affect our W/L? :lol: Do think everyone on this site isn't aware we're lacking at key positions?

Sorry, but I have no patience for people who's only goal is to piss on others' parades. Another one for the ignore list.

So far, preston williams, maybe shaq, maybe eguavoen, maybe van gunkel, and hopefully rosen.
If Preston Williams keeps his character clean, he's going to make this team. Playing time will be rough, but we've shown our WR's miss a lot of games because of injury, so he'll definitely get his share of reps. Shaq is supposed to be a great pass protector, but so far, he has proven poor in that regard. His run blocking isn't up to par. He may make the team, but I don't see him getting a lot of reps. He needs to show better in the remaining preseason games because to me, he's definitely on the bubble. I expect we'll pick up an OL or two from final cuts.

Eguavoen isn't good enough, IMHO, and doesn't have the upside to give reps. If he makes this team, it will just underline how poor our LB roster really is. Van Ginkel has shown well, is our only drafted edge player, and will make the team and get a solid amount of reps during the season. But, he needs to show productivity, because we have a lot of draft picks in 2020 and he'll definitely have more competition next year, so he needs to use this year to prove himself.

Rosen will get reps. Fitzmagic's history shows he flashes well for a stretch of games, then has stretches where he stinks up the joint. Last year was actually a very good year for him, but I'm still expecting him to put up some stinkers before midseason. Rosen will definitely get reps and a real chance to prove himself. All eyes are on the kid to see how he does when that chance comes. If he does well and we win 7 or 8 games, he may be our QB of the future. If he doesn't and we win 0 to 4 games, he's almost certain to be replaced by a high 1st round QB in the draft (Fromm, Tua, Herbert). I guess we'll cross our fingers that either he is the one, or he clearly isn't the one. The only way it ends badly is if he sorta proves himself and we skip drafting a top echelon QB and he proves to be the next Tannehill, who while not bad, isn't a difference maker.

I'm expecting a few other young players to push through beyond the ones you've named. Well see how it is, but let's enjoy the young ones that show out.

Back
Top Bottom