ACC Football | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

ACC Football

To the contrary......I couldn't be anymore dead serious...

But here's the worst part.....I think the "jacket" excuse is legitimate to some extent....

...that's how mentally fragile and weak the team is....

You would've thought that Miami would be ready to roll once they got into the heart of their conference schedule after achieving 3-1 through those brutal first 4 games....to show that they are really "back" and ready to take control in the Coastal....

But....this Miami team even fooled me again....I think we all thought that they were ready to take it to another level....

...they're not.....

They're the same inconsistent team that Canes fans have seen year in and year out recently....the only difference is that the quarterback play is MUCH better than Canes fans have seen it in years....even when Harris is bad he's better than anything I've seen under center in Miami since Dorsey...

Here's what I think....when Miami focuses on playing as a TEAM...such as they all knew they had to stop GT's offense....Oklahoma, etc.....they can play with anybody....

The problem is I don't see that same TEAM concept when they play inferior competition....they play like a bunch of individual recruits out there....

That comes down to coaching and leadership JCane....

That comes down to coaching and leadership JCane....

So then it has nothing to do with the team. I firmly believe it's not the team. Trust me, I seen Randy up close and personal yesterday during the Wake Forest game and he might as well lay his headset on the sideline and watch from the locker room because he isn't coaching period. We have the players. We have the athletes. No question about it. We have the players and athletes to line up with anyone in the country...we may not beat everyone but there's no reason we can't line up and be competitive with anyone. It's all on Randy Shannon. Every bit of it. He's not pushing this team the way Saban and Meyer push their guys. It's absolutely pathetic.

So then it has nothing to do with the team. I firmly believe it's not the team. Trust me, I seen Randy up close and personal yesterday during the Wake Forest game and he might as well lay his headset on the sideline and watch from the locker room because he isn't coaching period. We have the players. We have the athletes. No question about it. We have the players and athletes to line up with anyone in the country...we may not beat everyone but there's no reason we can't line up and be competitive with anyone. It's all on Randy Shannon. Every bit of it. He's not pushing this team the way Saban and Meyer push their guys. It's absolutely pathetic.

No doubt....I pointed this out in the VT game....

I suggested someone slap Randy Shannon and wake him up....tell him his team is getting manhandled out there....I never saw him uncross his arms or break his lips apart....

That only works if you're Bear Bryant....

Coach RANDY! That's what they're paying you for....to inspire these athletes and get the best out of them on every play....

Hell...watch 80 year old Papa Joe on the sidelines....he goes nuts at least once every game....and he knows exactly WHEN to do it...

The coaching is to blame no question....but I also think Miami lacks leadership ON the field.....particularly on defense.....

The best teams and units the country have that leadership in the form of certain players ON the field as well...

We lack leadership on defense because we don't have a big time playmaker at the linebacker position. Our leader on defense is essentially Darryl Sharpton. And as much as I hate to say it because I love that kid's Mom and Dad like they're my own, he is AWFUL. He misses too many tackles. And you can't be a true leader on the football field if you can't produce on the football field. Our best player on defense is Brandon Harris and he's in the secondary. Jacory is a great leader for the offense. Guys respect Jacory and really fall in line with Jacory. But Jacory makes too many young mistakes.

No doubt....I pointed this out in the VT game....

I suggested someone slap Randy Shannon and wake him up....tell him his team is getting manhandled out there....I never saw him uncross his arms or break his lips apart....

That only works if you're Bear Bryant....

Coach RANDY! That's what they're paying you for....to inspire these athletes and get the best out of them on every play....

Hell...watch 80 year old Papa Joe on the sidelines....he goes nuts at least once every game....and he knows exactly WHEN to do it...

The coaching is to blame no question....but I also think Miami lacks leadership ON the field.....particularly on defense.....

The best teams and units the country have that leadership in the form of certain players ON the field as well...

In some ways, he's just like Coker, who'd just stand there on the sideline looking like he didn't know whether to **** or go blind.

He's just got no emotion at all..save for a few claps here and there.

We lack leadership on defense because we don't have a big time playmaker at the linebacker position. Our leader on defense is essentially Darryl Sharpton. And as much as I hate to say it because I love that kid's Mom and Dad like they're my own, he is AWFUL. He misses too many tackles. And you can't be a true leader on the football field if you can't produce on the football field. Our best player on defense is Brandon Harris and he's in the secondary. Jacory is a great leader for the offense. Guys respect Jacory and really fall in line with Jacory. But Jacory makes too many young mistakes.

J- please tell me you have some inside info on Arthur Brown. When is he going to see the field? Is there anyone else that can take over MLB? What about McCarthy moving over, this year or next? We seem to have a good number of OLB's that could take McCarthy's place, if necessary.

Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2009 ACC Coastal Division Champs! :woot:

On to Tampa Bay to win the ACC.

J- please tell me you have some inside info on Arthur Brown. When is he going to see the field? Is there anyone else that can take over MLB? What about McCarthy moving over, this year or next? We seem to have a good number of OLB's that could take McCarthy's place, if necessary.

Yeah I would like some info on Arthur Brown too. I see him out their on special teams, but not at linebacker. Any info would be much appreciated. :up:

ACC has 5 teams ranked in the Coaches poll this week - most of any conference.

Sorry. Just now seeing this post. What I've been told about Arthur Brown is that he's just no grasping the scheme. Personally, I don't understand how this is true becaus Randy has been running this same Cover 2 scheme for years. I just can't see Randy's defense being that difficult to understand. Then again, perhaps Arthur understands it but once he gets on the field with it he doesn't understand it if that makes any sense. It's kinda like knowing the material for a major exam but bombing when the pressure is on.

You also have to consider the fact that Randy does and will play his favorites. It doesn't matter how poorly Sharpton plays, Sharpton will play. And guys like Sharpton take away playing time from the kids who can play. I don't think McCarthy moves over because that's just not Shannon's style to move people like that unless he's forced to. Allen Bailey had to move around on the defensive line because of depth issues and injury. Spence will be healthy next season. Ramon Buchanon should see more playing time at linebacker and we're still recruiting Jeff Luc pretty hard although I don't think Luc is as good as advertised. I don't pay too much attention to star ratings by the scouting services but I do believe Rivals dropped Luc from a five-star to a four-star recruit recently. But even if Luc does come and play well, he could easily end up in the same boat as Arthur Brown.

Back
Top Bottom