According to Benson: Not the Dolphins | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Benson: Not the Dolphins

ItalianDolFan said:
geez......Wide Receivers dont win Super Bowls. A Receivers job is to CATCH, PERIOD. We have Chambers, McMichael, Booker, Gilmore, POSSIBLY Boston soon. THe Eagles have Terrell Owens and they still did well without him. We can easily get a good receiver in the 3rd or 4th round. Runningbacks dont win Super Bowls either...as long as ur offensive line can run block- ur runningback should be able to run well. We need a Franchise QB who can be with us for the next 15 years, otherwise we will be looking for QBs every 2 years. Alex Smith is young (20) and has lots of potential. GO FOR SMITH. Every team that makes it to the Super Bowl has ONE thing in common...their QB is dangerously good.

If you would've watched NFL network from the last few hours you would've seen the NFC champ game between Dallas and SF. I forget what year. But there was many drives that Michael Irvin and Emmit broke tackles, and gained an extra yard for a first down that average players don't make. All Aikman did was get them the ball, and they made plays.

A good QB is of course very important to get to and win a super bowl, but if there is no QB that is outstanding, then you take BPA, and that player is Braylon Edwards. I don't think that Rodgers or Smith will be as dominant a pro as fast as Edwards.

byroan said:
Yeah because Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are great QB's.

No, but both had the support of two of three greatest defenses in NFL History.

Thats the ticket...lets build of of the 3 best defenses ever, that will be easy, and then we can get away with a mediocre QB......brilliant.

saves said:
Fiedler was an Ivy Leauger, brains don't equal football skills.

was Fiedler 21-1 as a starter? Did Jay have an amazing TD to INT ratio? Did Jay post an undefeated season followed by a massacre in the Fiesta Bowl?

Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams. Can't go wrong with either one of those guys. Interview both of them and decide who has the better character. they both have size speed and can catch the ball. Both would look awfully good in our three receiver set opposite Chambers/next to Booker in the slot.

Why is it that Ryan Leaf gets brought up every time we talk QB? What about Curtis Enis and KiJana Carter? Why is it that people say QB is the ONLY POSSIBLY position to flop. We should go WR so we can have the next David Terrel...oh wait go RB so we can have Enis or Carter...ah hell that didn't work either...

sports24/7 said:
Obviously this could mean nothing because of how secretive Saban has been, but I would be interested to hear what Boomer thinks of this because I know he has said the rumor is that is who Miami is going to take.

I have no idea for sure, but the gathering rumours are Benson to Miami and the Fins KNOW that Cedric is doing A LOT of visiting, they don't want to tip their hat because the FIRST question that other teams ask is "Whne you visited Cleveland, how serious were they?". This is part of how teams make their famous "night before the draft" mocks.

Cmon people, didnt you read the body language a month ago? He missed the TExas workout! He had better things to do..........like.....checking out LB's and Safeties in the later rounds.

Boomer said:
I have no idea for sure, but the gathering rumours are Benson to Miami and the Fins KNOW that Cedric is doing A LOT of visiting, they don't want to tip their hat because the FIRST question that other teams ask is "Whne you visited Cleveland, how serious were they?". This is part of how teams make their famous "night before the draft" mocks.

I feel Saban could be trying to bait the Bears to trade with them to get him. I myself feel Saban won't take him.

finfan54 said:
Cmon people, didnt you read the body language a month ago? He missed the TExas workout! He had better things to do..........like.....checking out LB's and Safeties in the later rounds.

he wasn't at the Texas workout because Nick was in Hawaii for the NFL Meetings

Gitrdone said:
I feel Saban could be trying to bait the Bears to trade with them to get him. I myself feel Saban won't take him.

I think that maybe it's more to bait Minnesota. They want one of the two WR's, and they will most likly be gone even if we don't take one. They could trade up with us to take either.

finfan54 said:

He also walked out of the Combine when Benson announced he wasn't running and didn't stick around for Brown's run. :)

NLude33 said:
I think that maybe it's more to bait Minnesota. They want one of the two WR's, and they will most likly be gone even if we don't take one. They could trade up with us to take either.

They are MORE than happy to stay where they are and take Troy Williamson.

Back
Top Bottom