According to Benson: Not the Dolphins | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Benson: Not the Dolphins

BlueFin said:
No, but both had the support of two of three greatest defenses in NFL History.

Thats the ticket...lets build of of the 3 best defenses ever, that will be easy, and then we can get away with a mediocre QB......brilliant.

I agree....better select Merriman....if you want to win the superbowl.

I am still on a bandwagon and thats the "Whatever Coach Saban Wants" bandwagon! I trust he will make the right choice, adn since I have absolutely no insight to the inner workings of the minds of Leaf, Rodgers, and Smith I will not even try to compare any of them. The concensus about our pick is this Nobody Knows!!!!

Boomer said:
I have no idea for sure, but the gathering rumours are Benson to Miami and the Fins KNOW that Cedric is doing A LOT of visiting, they don't want to tip their hat because the FIRST question that other teams ask is "Whne you visited Cleveland, how serious were they?". This is part of how teams make their famous "night before the draft" mocks.

Boomer...if that thinking was correct....Saban wouldn't have had Benson over at all. Heck...he won't talk to the press...why would you talk to a player you really wanted knowing he was going to be grilled....he wouldn't. The only way Benson comes to Miami is if he buy's a bus ticket...and then a cheap seat.

fishypete said:
Boomer...if that thinking was correct....Saban wouldn't have had Benson over at all. Heck...he won't talk to the press...why would you talk to a player you really wanted knowing he was going to be grilled....he wouldn't. The only way Benson comes to Miami is if he buy's a bus ticket...and then a cheap seat.

not talking to a guy that every team would expect you to at least sit down with for a bit would be tipping your hand as well.

ghost of marino said:
not talking to a guy that every team would expect you to at least sit down with for a bit would be tipping your hand as well.

The Dolphins haven't had every player come in...yet nothing say's they would or wouldn't select them....he could select Barron or Clayton...and neither of them have had talks with the Dolphins. I don't remember Spears...either.

Atleast those comments may scare other teams in need of a QB to trade up with us. Who knows...but I think we have 2 great receivers already and we need to pick up a RB or franchise QB if we don't trade down. Too high of a pick to waste on a receiver IMO (we may never have that high a pick again).

look, Benson is going to be a stud RB in this league. He's good for about 1200 yards a season, 7-8 touchdowns. But the Ricky comparisions are just too much for me, with the Auburn backs you just don't have the same issues and they might be better anyhow. I would be very surprised if we drafted Benson in the 2 position, if we trade down with Minnesota or something then we look for him there.

miamirw said:
Braylon Edwards or Mike Williams. Can't go wrong with either one of those guys. Interview both of them and decide who has the better character. they both have size speed and can catch the ball. Both would look awfully good in our three receiver set opposite Chambers/next to Booker in the slot.

How are they at tackling? 'Cuz if we go with AJ they better be good at tackling the cb with the ball!

I really don't see Benson or Smith falling out of the top 10, I think if some team sees them still on the board much later than anticipated, they won't be able to let the opportunity pass. If we traded with Minnesota for their #7 and #18, I'd be content with drafting Benson at #7 while they'll probably go after Mike Williams (Or Braylon Edwards) at #2. I know Troy William's stock continues to rise each day, but I'm not sure if he's a guarenteed TOP 10 pick.

I personally think Benson is the "surest" thing in the draft.

If you grab him you know you are going to get 1400 yards off the bat.

BUT....

For how long?

Is he going to be familiar with the Miami PD?

Is he about the team or more focused on individual goals?

He certainly has some "personality traits" that need to be sifted thru.

However from a pure production STANDPOINT.:)

Benson is as safe as they come in this "wacky" draft.

By the way......Ive never written a positive post about Cedric Benson before.

PHINSfan said:
I, for one, have gotten off the "pick RB with the #2 overall bandwagon" I feel that If Saban goes with best overall player theory he will go with Edwards, but if he decides that a possible franchise QB is there at #2 he will probably go that route.
First it was the Benson Bandwagon, Then Ronnie or Alex, Now Braylon.
Im not justing pointing at you, but I think people should stick with one player.

T tes said:
First it was the Benson Bandwagon, Then Ronnie or Alex, Now Braylon.
Im not justing pointing at you, but I think people should stick with one player.

Like me the president of the Caddy bandwagon!!! CADDY 05'!!!!

Gitrdone said:
I feel Saban could be trying to bait the Bears to trade with them to get him. I myself feel Saban won't take him.

If Saban was trying to bait the Bears into thinking he's going to take Benson, why would he make it seem like he's not interested by barely meeting with Benson when he came down and showing little inerest.

Back
Top Bottom