According to Benson: Not the Dolphins | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Benson: Not the Dolphins

NLude33

Section 415, Row 17
Reaction score
This is an ESPN Insider article in draft rumors.

Apr. 11 - It's starting to look as though Benson could fall to Arizona at No. 8. He could fall even further if the Cardinals make the Travis Henry trade. The Vikings might have to consider him at No. 7 because of his value as one of the best players on the board.
One thing is for sure: Benson came out of his visit with the Dolphins feeling as though he's not going there. He told teams after his visit that the Dolphins didn't spend the same amount of time with him as he's had on other visits. Maybe he's wrong, but that's the feel he got.

http://insider.espn.go.com/insider/rumorcentral?sport=nfldraft

Could indicate that he's exactly who they draft. But at #2, it's hard to pass up on a QB for the money, even if the QB's aren't exactly who you'd want.

Well, Saban made a point of saying that they invite people who they have questions about and don't know enough about more so than someone they're sure about. The one thing I take from this is that the Phins are sure of him... whether they're sure they'll take him, or sure they'll pass remains to be seen.

I, for one, have gotten off the "pick RB with the #2 overall bandwagon" I feel that If Saban goes with best overall player theory he will go with Edwards, but if he decides that a possible franchise QB is there at #2 he will probably go that route.

MDFINFAN said:
Could indicate that he's exactly who they draft. But at #2, it's hard to pass up on a QB for the money, even if the QB's aren't exactly who you'd want.

2 words....Ryan Leaf.

Obviously this could mean nothing because of how secretive Saban has been, but I would be interested to hear what Boomer thinks of this because I know he has said the rumor is that is who Miami is going to take.

allred65 said:
2 words....Ryan Leaf.

two words.....Donovan McNabb

thats right, McNabb was the last QB that was drafted #2 overall

and since you know both Alex and Aaron personally apparently, what about their personalities scream Ryan Leaf may I ask?

did Ryan Leaf finish his bachelors degree in 2 years?

geez......Wide Receivers dont win Super Bowls. A Receivers job is to CATCH, PERIOD. We have Chambers, McMichael, Booker, Gilmore, POSSIBLY Boston soon. THe Eagles have Terrell Owens and they still did well without him. We can easily get a good receiver in the 3rd or 4th round. Runningbacks dont win Super Bowls either...as long as ur offensive line can run block- ur runningback should be able to run well. We need a Franchise QB who can be with us for the next 15 years, otherwise we will be looking for QBs every 2 years. Alex Smith is young (20) and has lots of potential. GO FOR SMITH. Every team that makes it to the Super Bowl has ONE thing in common...their QB is dangerously good.

I would like to take either Edwards or Rodgers. Whoever SanFran passes on is who we should take. I like the fact the Benson doesn't feel he will be takin by Miami, I was never on the Benso Bandwagon. I think he just has too many miles on him already.

ItalianDolFan said:
Every team that makes it to the Super Bowl has ONE thing in common...their QB is dangerously good.

Yeah because Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer are great QB's.

Dudeman said:

and since you know both Alex and Aaron personally apparently, what about their personalities scream Ryan Leaf may I ask?

Fiedler was an Ivy Leauger, brains don't equal football skills.

Umm Ryan Leaf is still spending his 12million dollar signing bonus. Boston is in SF, and I cant see spending top pick money on a mid round QB.

Dudeman said:

Indeed... I don't get the Smith = Leaf comparisons. If ANYONE is similar to Leaf, it's Rodgers and his ****y "I'd like to thank my arm" attitude. Not saying that Rodgers is going to be the next Leaf... just that he's the closer of the two to an accurate comparison.

Back
Top Bottom