According to Drew | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Drew

is he the same guy who says the 49ers are meeting with the top 5 prospects and will pick the guy who will take the lowest signing bonus.

what a joke.

is he the same guy who says the 49ers are meeting with the top 5 prospects and will pick the guy who will take the lowest signing bonus.

what a joke.

I think the 49ers are very much thinking exactly that. And while the QBs have it hanging over their head that if one of them doesn't get taken by the 49ers, they may fall completely out of the top 5, Braylon Edwards is sitting pretty knowing that he'll be top 5 no matter what. It's a shrewd strategy on the part of the 49ers, who were probably thinking of taking a QB anyway (Smith, Rodgers, who knows who they prefer...the feeling I'm getting is McGloughan love Smith, and Nolan is more impressed with Rodgers), in order to get the QBs in question to NOT start asking for what Eli Manning got, plus a percentage.

ckparrothead said:
I would love it if we got Rodgers. He's still the best player on my draft board. I would also be happy with Braylon Edwards. I would be distinctly less happy with Ronnie Brown.

Rodgers just doesn't do it for me, can he be good, possibly, but for some reason I can't pin point, he's not the future..the problem is, we're picking at #2, so do you draft a RB? Usually those positions are for QB's, these two QB's don't seem to have the predigree of past Franchise QB's, I think Campbell is better than both..but when the news media and colleges and agents hype a player, it's hard to turn away, I still think the senior Campbell is the best. He's had to learn 4 O's in 4 years and still go undefeated in his senior year, that's amazing to me. If you look at his games, this guy has a arm and he reads D's pretty good. But he's not hyped at the top, so he won't get the brownie points of Smith and Rogers. In the end if he gets a chance to start, he'll be a better QB in the pros imho.

finsnchips said:
it's looking like Benson at #2... but I'd choose between Williams and Edwards, as you point out Awsi.

What in the world would make you say that it's looking like benson?

FinFan57 said:
Why do you feel so confident we won't take Rogers, and who do you think we'll take?

No evidence, just a feeling and the odd whisper here and there mate.

ckparrothead said:
I would love it if we got Rodgers. He's still the best player on my draft board. I would also be happy with Braylon Edwards. I would be distinctly less happy with Ronnie Brown.

lol..ok buddy....so u must be one of these professional scouts if you have him as the best player available...i mean do u watch hours of tape of every guy or are you going by what other pple say...:rolleyes:

SWS84 said:
Why Simon? What's wrong with Rodgers?

Steve

Off topic: Man, I've got some bogus news. I just found out that I have to go to a wedding which is out of town the weekend of the draft! I probably will end up missing the whole thing. What's up with their priorities! The nerve of some people!! If my daughters weren't the flower girls, I would bail for sure!! I think I'm gonna hurl!!

Nothing wrong with him mate, I just don't think the team is sold on him, especially when they aren't convinced tha AJ Feeley isn't going to be very good. How can anyone know about Feeley? This team has to get better and using your 1+2 on QB's isn't how you do it.

rickeyrunsover said:
I would like Rodgers if he fell to us, the major concern with Rodgers is they are saying he doesnt have prototytpical size and concerns that he is anothe "Tedford" qb. Well 6'2" isnt prototypical, but is tall enough that throwing lanes shouldnt be a major factor. As far as teh Tedford factor, I dont buy it. You can make the argument for Akili, he was a one year star, so yes he was unproven. Rodgers has faced alot of adversity to get where he has, he is mentally tested, and has teh physical tools.

Smith I dont like 2 things, only avg arm and he played in a gimmick offense and out of teh shotgun. The former will net against his intelligence, which he has an abundance of, to negate some of that strength as some of his physical capabilities will limit some things, and he is a longer project for what should be
from teh #2 spot. JMO

LMAO
U got the funniest signature ive ever seen....
PUG=McMike....Brilliant!

What was the context in which he said that? Was that Drew's opinion or something he heard?

SuperDuperFan said:
Question for everyone, especially Boomer:

Do you guys think that if Rodgers falls to #2 it increases the chances of someone else wanting to trade up for the pick?

Don't think so. I think Cleveland also want Smith out of the 2 and the next team would be Tampa and with that being the case, the road to ~5 is unobstructed.

FOr the last month every one was positive it was going to be Brown. Then the Alex Smith talk began it rumble slightly with few threads and his workouts. Then about two weeks ago an Miami Herald article mentioned Braylon Edwards and all of a sudden we needed a third reciever for Linnehans offense. Now I hear Benson and ROdgers as possibly our guys. I like to bet on the underdog, so I am going to say it will be MIke Williams. SO if Sabans goal was to make every team picking behind him worry that we are targeting their guy, then he has done his job.

tucker said:
lol..ok buddy....so u must be one of these professional scouts if you have him as the best player available...i mean do u watch hours of tape of every guy or are you going by what other pple say...:rolleyes:

Just for your info sunbeam, CK watches a tonne of tape and is one of the most valuable draft guys on this website that you should feel privilidged to post on. Making a good impression with people here shouldn't involved getting on the tits of some of the veterans and some of the most informed.

Capiche?

ABrownLamp said:
What in the world would make you say that it's looking like benson?

A gathering amount of rumour from a lot of different, well informed sources.

Back
Top Bottom