According to Drew | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Drew

Boomer said:
Just for your info sunbeam, CK watches a tonne of tape and is one of the most valuable draft guys on this website that you should feel privilidged to post on. Making a good impression with people here shouldn't involved getting on the tits of some of the veterans and some of the most informed.

Capiche?
eh whatever.....most of these so called draft guys on here, know no more than i do..and if u arent a girl please refrain from calling me "sunbeam" b/c it sounds a just a lil...[whispers] ***!

MOD EDIT : You are NOT, under any circumstances, to use that word on this MB. Had you read the TOS, you would know that. This is your first and final warning. Next time, its 24 hours off. Baz

tucker said:
eh whatever.....most of these so called draft guys on here, know no more than i do..and if u arent a girl please refrain from calling me "sunbeam" b/c it sounds a just a lil...[whispers] gay!

Sorry. I forgot we were dealing with the reincarnation of Joel Buchsbaum.

:shakeno:

Boomer said:
I've been telling you for months that the 9ers will take Smith - it's ALWAYS been Smith. Miami however will not take Rodgers.

Aaron Rogers favorite team is 49ers and his idol is Joe Montana and Mike Nolan sed Rogers is more polished and has better throwing mechanics than Alex Smith and u still think 49er's take Alex Smith?

2nd of all why wudnt fins be interested in Alex Smith is young ,smart and a good leader hes coming in for 2 days this week.
Linehan won with 3 runningbacks in Minnisota and lets face it Feeley is no Daunte Culppeper. Ferotte is 34, Feeley is close to 30 I wudnt be surpised if fins draft a qb with 1st pick

True u can say Smith played in wideopen offense and not the hardest of defenses but theres a reason him and Rogers will be first two qbs taken.

Cambell is a product of the system he had Brown and WIlliams to make him look good
MAtt Leinhart had Michael Clayton|Mike Williams and is in a top school hes a product of the system
Who did Alex Smith have? Nobody he makes every1 around him better he is the system

I just spoke to my cousin and he states SF is really high on Alex Smith, they even had him try out with 2 of the 49er WR's and took snaps from the Niners center....It seems to me they've shifted directions as they were high on Rodgers before.

UCFinfan said:
The next San Fran 49er or Miami Dolphin????

smith_alex-1.jpg

:lol:

Until I saw this picture, I was all for drafting Alex Smith

SWS84 said:
What's up with their priorities! The nerve of some people!! If my daughters weren't the flower girls, I would bail for sure!! I think I'm gonna hurl!!

Internet enabled phone?

Mine gets ESPN.....its a must.

Man these mock drafts are starting to drive me mad. Seems every other day we're taking someone completely different. Gotta credit Saban though, he is keeping the experts guessing and improving our slim trade down chances. Good start to his career so far.

BSQX4 said:
S.F. now will pick Alex Smith at 1 and the Dolphins will take potential franchise Q.B. Aaron Rodgers. This was on the Sunday night sports in Miami.

Watch your mouth, Rogers no franchise QB, he'll be force into the role and probably fail..he's a servicable qb in the NFL at best, no pro bowls.

MDFINFAN said:
Watch your mouth, Rogers no franchise QB, he'll be force into the role and probably fail..he's a servicable qb in the NFL at best, no pro bowls.
How do you know? I don't get how so many people don't think Rogers is that good. I would like to know some flaws some people think he has because the only ones I have heard are his size and his coach which both are not great arguments. He measured in at 6'2 which is fine for a QB (Montana was 6'2) and the coach argument to me is rediculous. Is he a lock to be a HOFer? No. Can you say for sure he will be an average to below average QB? No. You don't know yet. The only thing you can say is he has potential: a strong accurate arm, athleticism, and a good track record against strong competition. If he didn't have potential to be good he wouldnt be discussed as a possible first overall pick whether it is a weak draft or not. A first round QB in any draft has potential to be very good.

If the Niners want to have a QB coming in and be able to start his first year, they will draft Rodgers. But of they want to draft a QB that is really smart and they think that Rattay can start and do good this year, they will draft Smith(since it will take him about 1-2 years to develop into a starting QB).

Boomer said:
Nothing wrong with him mate, I just don't think the team is sold on him, especially when they aren't convinced tha AJ Feeley isn't going to be very good. How can anyone know about Feeley? This team has to get better and using your 1+2 on QB's isn't how you do it.

I was getting a little worried there for a moment. I feel a little better now, thanks to you and CK, in case we do draft him. If CK has him a top his draft board, that's saying quite a bit. Although, I can't watch it live, I'll definitely be checking in here for your-all's thoughts.

Steve

armyfinfan said:
That sucks man, just bring a small radio with some headphones put the ear piece in your right ear and sit on the end. You'll be all set you wont miss a thing.

Yea, I'm the only one in my family that watches the draft in it's entirety every year. I don't know what it is, but I love it. I'm gonna try and record as much as I can with two VCRs. I don't want to risk family banishment by getting to cute with a radio, or a cell phone as HVAC suggested as I don't have one. As soon as I can, I'll pop in here and get the skinny on our newest Dophins!

Steve

Boomer said:
Nothing wrong with him mate, I just don't think the team is sold on him, especially when they aren't convinced tha AJ Feeley isn't going to be very good. How can anyone know about Feeley? This team has to get better and using your 1+2 on QB's isn't how you do it.

The idea of Drafting Rodgers if SF takes Smith really does bring up alot of questions. For example, While rodgers does have some high potential, he really doesnt present ssome of the jump start things that Smith does for us, which makes Smith so much more of an attractive pick in Miami. For example, Smith is smarter, which MAY result in his learning quicker. He's also ran our offense, which would not only give him an advantage over rodgers in our system, but also over Feeley. Having Smith and Gus on our Roster with AJ Feeley would give us two well schooled QB's in our scheme.

Back to the idea of Drafting Rodgers, I think he offers us alot less than Smith for those reasons. Saban & company may feel that other players, such as RB's Benson or Brown, Wr's Williams or Edwards, or a defensive player may put us further down the road to where we want to be. I suppose alot of the decision goes into how Saban feels about AJ Feeley and our RB's, WR's, etc.

If Saban is confident about tradingsurtain, he may even feel he can get Campbell or Frye early round 2.

This is going to be a great draft day. I'd still like to see us trade back as my first hope, with either Dallas, Tampa Bay, or Minnesota.

I'm also starting to think alot more about WR Mike Williams if we cant have Alex Smith.

ghost of marino said:
Until I saw this picture, I was all for drafting Alex Smith

I fully agree, then there is the other sig where he is by marino, and he looks like a stick figure, I am starting to think that we should not pick anybody :wink: I am off every bandwagon, except mayb Andrew Walter far later.

Back
Top Bottom