According to Drew | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Drew

DOLFANMIKE said:
The idea of Drafting Rodgers if SF takes Smith really does bring up alot of questions. For example, While rodgers does have some high potential, he really doesnt present ssome of the jump start things that Smith does for us, which makes Smith so much more of an attractive pick in Miami. For example, Smith is smarter, which MAY result in his learning quicker. He's also ran our offense, which would not only give him an advantage over rodgers in our system, but also over Feeley. Having Smith and Gus on our Roster with AJ Feeley would give us two well schooled QB's in our scheme.

Back to the idea of Drafting Rodgers, I think he offers us alot less than Smith for those reasons. Saban & company may feel that other players, such as RB's Benson or Brown, Wr's Williams or Edwards, or a defensive player may put us further down the road to where we want to be. I suppose alot of the decision goes into how Saban feels about AJ Feeley and our RB's, WR's, etc.

If Saban is confident about tradingsurtain, he may even feel he can get Campbell or Frye early round 2.

This is going to be a great draft day. I'd still like to see us trade back as my first hope, with either Dallas, Tampa Bay, or Minnesota.

I'm also starting to think alot more about WR Mike Williams if we cant have Alex Smith.

You say Smith is smarter as if we're talking Peyton Manning versus Kyle Orton. Rodgers is very intelligent as well and I'd say the difference between the two in that area is a non factor.

DreamWeaver said:
Rodgers is the next in a long line of average to less than average pro QB's who thrived under Jeff Tedford in college....Akili Smith, Trent Dilfer, Joey Harrington, Kyle Boller. Take a look at those guys because if we use the #2 on Rodgers, in a few years, thats what we'll have....:shakeno:

What you're implying is no matter what QB plays for Tedford they'll be a bust in the NFL simply because they played for Tedford... a completey ridiculous opinion.

MD, I was quoting Drew so why do I have to watch my mouth? I guess you didn't see the name of the thread. So before you fire from the hip be sure you're not going to end up looking like a jack@ss. Just my opinion.

ckparrothead said:
I would love it if we got Rodgers. He's still the best player on my draft board. I would also be happy with Braylon Edwards. I would be distinctly less happy with Ronnie Brown.

Agree with Rodgers and Edwards (I'd rank 'em 1 and 2), though I'd be fine (but not quite as pleased) with Brown who's third in my opinion.

MDFINFAN said:
Rodgers just doesn't do it for me, can he be good, possibly, but for some reason I can't pin point, he's not the future..the problem is, we're picking at #2, so do you draft a RB? Usually those positions are for QB's, these two QB's don't seem to have the predigree of past Franchise QB's, I think Campbell is better than both..but when the news media and colleges and agents hype a player, it's hard to turn away, I still think the senior Campbell is the best. He's had to learn 4 O's in 4 years and still go undefeated in his senior year, that's amazing to me. If you look at his games, this guy has a arm and he reads D's pretty good. But he's not hyped at the top, so he won't get the brownie points of Smith and Rogers. In the end if he gets a chance to start, he'll be a better QB in the pros imho.

Campbell was mediocre for 3 years before playing a solid (yet unspectacular) senior season. Having two of the best running backs in college football took a lot of pressure off of him, so it will be interesting to see how well he handles himself in the pros. Personally I don't see him turning into a solid starter... but it could happen.

I definately don't see how one could think he's a better prospect than both Rodgers and Smith.

tucker said:
lol..ok buddy....so u must be one of these professional scouts if you have him as the best player available...i mean do u watch hours of tape of every guy or are you going by what other pple say...:rolleyes:

I know, who does he think he is? Only professional scouts should post draft opinions on this board. I highly doubt anyone here has a worth while opinion on these players or watches tons of college football so they're well informed prior to the NFL draft.

Back
Top Bottom