According to Drew | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Drew

BSQX4

Practice Squad
Reaction score
S.F. now will pick Alex Smith at 1 and the Dolphins will take potential franchise Q.B. Aaron Rodgers. This was on the Sunday night sports in Miami.

Well Boomer has been saying all along that San Fran has Smith rated higher than Rodgers. So... If Rodgers is there at #2 do we take him? I would not be too upset if we did.

I've been telling you for months that the 9ers will take Smith - it's ALWAYS been Smith. Miami however will not take Rodgers.

I think you're right on both accounts

Boomer said:
I've been telling you for months that the 9ers will take Smith - it's ALWAYS been Smith. Miami however will not take Rodgers.

The new regimes at both teams are very sharp, IMO. You have to gamble on a QB with a very high upside and that describes Smith alone. Either team picking #1 would take Smith. Neither one picking #2 would take Aaron Rodgers.

If SF identifies Smith, I think we'll try to trade down first and if that fails, choose between Mike Williams and Braylon Edwards.

it's looking like Benson at #2... but I'd choose between Williams and Edwards, as you point out Awsi.

Boomer said:

I agree completely that we won't take Rodgers. If we were to take anyone, it was Smith. I think he was much more Sabans guy than Rodgers.

They are probably just playing their cards with other teams. There are a lot of teams that have been drooling over Smith so if they talk like they are going to get him then they have a good chance of getting a trade down. SF has more holes to fill there then we do here so you know they are looking to trade down also.

I just noticed all the hints toward Benson

finsnchips said:
it's looking like Benson at #2... but I'd choose between Williams and Edwards, as you point out Awsi.

Yesterday I was caught up in the Masters and didn't internet. I'm just catching up on the old threads here and somewhat surprised at the new leanings toward Benson. I wouldn't be totally opposed to that. He looks like a cinch to be a very, very good but not great RB. The concerns regarding Ricky Williams/Benson have always been overblown to me, non-issues.

BSQX4 said:
S.F. now will pick Alex Smith at 1 and the Dolphins will take potential franchise Q.B. Aaron Rodgers. This was on the Sunday night sports in Miami.

I would be happy with Smith or Rodgers, but I really don't think Drew knows anymore about what San Fran will do than anybody else, The San Francisco Chronicle Niner beat writer said on Friday that after working out Smith again they are convinced Rodgers is their man.

According to him they just wanted to see Smith again to firm up their conviction of Rodgers(who they didn't need to see again), they didn't like the way Smiths first workout was run.

Boomer said:

Well draft guru, Ira Miller, the San Francisco Chronicle Niner beat writer, who was the same guy I heard on ESPN radio disagrees with you.

He says the Niners are going to take Rodgers, that is the word he is getting out of the Niners heirarchy.

So I wouldn't start bragging yet.

The next San Fran 49er or Miami Dolphin????

smith_alex-1.jpg

:lol:

I really hope Rodgers falls to us. I don't think Saban would pass him up just to take Edwards or a RB.

finsnchips said:

I don't think we are taking Benson, but anything is possible.

Surferosa said:
Man, this draft gets nuttier by the hour.
brilliant isn't it...

in #03...

everyone knew the top 3 by now...

it was always gna be Palmer, Rogers, Johnson.

There was talk about Newman or Suggs going #1, but the Bengals always wanted Palmer.

Last year was pretty obvious.. the way it unfolded.

This year is crazy.

Back
Top Bottom