according to gotickets.com miami lost the SB in the perfect season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

according to gotickets.com miami lost the SB in the perfect season

swa is funky

Scout Team
☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
i was looking for tickets to the bills game, and what do i see on the opening page?

"To this day in NFL history, the Miami Dolphins are the only team to ever go undefeated in regular season play. Though those 1972 Dolphins lost to the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl VI, it is still in incredible feat. This season, Pro Players Stadium is hoping to see the Miami Dolphins repeat their 72’ season and this time bring the Super Bowl trophy back to Miami."

http://www.gotickets.com/sports/nfl/afc/miami_dolphins.php

interesting.....

That's just ridiculous and the person who wrote that should be slapped upside his head.

swa is funky said:
i was looking for tickets to the bills game, and what do i see on the opening page?

"To this day in NFL history, the Miami Dolphins are the only team to ever go undefeated in regular season play. Though those 1972 Dolphins lost to the Dallas Cowboys in Super Bowl VI, it is still in incredible feat. This season, Pro Players Stadium is hoping to see the Miami Dolphins repeat their 72’ season and this time bring the Super Bowl trophy back to Miami."

interesting.....
The thing is, we did lose the Super Bowl in 1972. It just happens that the Super Bowl we won with the 72' undefeated season was in 1973.

:roflmao: Unbelievable. Absolutely unbelievable! How can anyone be that dumb?

i just sent thim a email stating that the article is wrong and dumb that the phins won and went to a perfect season more people should email them

Nublar is right. The superbowl we lost was the one before the perfect season. Both happened in 1972 though.

swa is funky said:

interesting.....

well...technically, they did lose to dallas in '72 in the SB....the season before.

swa is funky said:

interesting.....

Morons.

I e-mailed them too, an easy web search would have helped the writer, obviously not a sports fan who wrote it as they didn't realise that the 72 season encompasses 72 and beginning of '73.

Oh well, they must be an EOE :)

Nublar7 said:
The thing is, we did lose the Super Bowl in 1972.

The writer is correct. Nublar is correct. It's a non-issue.

ZOD said:
The writer is correct. Nublar is correct. It's a non-issue.
The writer was wrong as he was inferring that the 72 SB was part of the 72 regular season.

Hence later on he says that the 05 Miami dolphins are trying to emulate the 72 Dolphins perfect regular season but this time bring the SB back to Miami, which as we alll know the 72 Dolphins did.

It isn't a non issue as they are making money selling tickets to Football games, and in doing so should strive to get their public facts correct. It reflects badly on them as a company, being a small business owner I know how the smallest of errors can affect your bottom line.

Back
Top Bottom