According to PFT Miami is this much under the cap | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to PFT Miami is this much under the cap

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Actually if the Dolphins traded Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams, they would have plenty to give Peppers a new multi year contract and still have room for emergencies and a FA at league minimum.

HMMM..............

What is the Dolphins rookie pool this year????????

Actually if the Dolphins traded Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams, they would have plenty to give Peppers a new multi year contract and still have room for emergencies and a FA at league minimum.

HMMM..............

What is the Dolphins rookie pool this year????????

I see what you're saying, but why would Carolina want to trade for RB or RW when they have Jonathon Stewart and DeAngelo Williams?

I am very happy with this amount. Not only does it allow us to be able to sign a free agent who is cut after our rookies are signed, but it also allows us to make a potential draft day trade for players like we did last year for Fasano and Ayodele.

we need that money to get our own guys under contract first....after that we can look around to see who's there....and we'll need plenty of money for 9 picks as well.

Ozzy rules!!

It seems like there is so much flexibility in the cap that is almost meaningless how much space they say your team has. NFL GM's use fuzzier math then economists use to talk about the economy.

Obviously some of those teams are going to have to cut players to sign their rookies, or restructure current contracts. Hopefully we can make a pickup or two when cuts come.

Rookie pool is about 6 mil.

I would think it's closer to 4-5 million based on the fact we're picking at the 25th spot, we had 6+ mill last year when we were at number 1..I don't think we get that much down at 25..

Miami Dolphins: $13.19 million.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/22/salary-cap-space-as-of-april-22/

That's almost 3 million more than most amatuer capologists...to include my own unofficial count...I'm not sure how they got that number..

Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald have them 13 million under...and his article on the subject.
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolphins_in_depth/2009/04/salary-cap-numbers-from-around-the-nfl.html

That 13.2 number was correct. There's a lot of guessing still being done on a few Miami dolphin contracts, like Crowders, that havent been officially announced.

IMO, thats why you are seeing a discrepency. Also, a lot of people dont have all the info on signing bonuses exactly correct for all our draft picks. That also isnt something thats been formally announced.

Add up those guessworks, and even 3 million off is a good guess.

Not good news for Wilford and J. Allen even after rookie pool plus the 2-3 million kept in reserve for practice squad, injuries, etc. Think they've got around 6 million in accelerated bonus money to count against the cap if cut before June 1rst to add to their 3 million already on the books this year.

Although a big signing like JT could mean we won't be able to cut one or both of them until after June 1rst.

That 13.2 number was correct. There's a lot of guessing still being done on a few Miami dolphin contracts, like Crowders, that havent been officially announced.

IMO, thats why you are seeing a discrepency. Also, a lot of people dont have all the info on signing bonuses exactly correct for all our draft picks. That also isnt something thats been formally announced.

Add up those guessworks, and even 3 million off is a good guess.

Thanks Philter, did you ever get any breakdown numbers for Polite and W. Allens new contract..

After redoing some numbers on my own board and adjusting the top 51.. I was a little closer to the 13.2 mil... but Irland kind of backed me up in a recent article where he denied haven't the cap space that's been widely reported.. I know he's now saying this after we've extended both Allen and Polite, so that may make a difference that he can then deny the reports, but prior to Allen and Polite.. I just didn't have 13 mi.. even with the additional 947K to the cap..

Thanks Philter, did you ever get any breakdown numbers for Polite and W. Allens new contract..

After redoing some numbers on my own board and adjusting the top 51.. I was a little closer to the 13.2 mil... but Irland kind of backed me up in a recent article where he denied haven't the cap space that's been widely reported.. I know he's now saying this after we've extended both Allen and Polite, so that may make a difference that he can then deny the reports, but prior to Allen and Polite.. I just didn't have 13 mi.. even with the additional 947K to the cap..

I think most people have Crowder's contract grossly overestimated.

I have Allen and Polite's updated info in my sheet, although Im waiting for the rookies to sign before I publish it. Allen didnt get any new money this year, just a 1.5 mil signing bonus I believe.

Back
Top Bottom