According to Sports Business Daily, the Dolphins aren't captivating the local market | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

According to Sports Business Daily, the Dolphins aren't captivating the local market

Should take them to the Lombardi play in order to motivate the fan base.

Not sure if I by this "report".. Oakland has one of the biggest fan bases in the NFL but yet they are last on this list?

The Saints are the professional sports team in New Orleans. The only team the city supports. That's why fans here expect the Hornets to leave soon. After Katrina the Saints were seen as a team that represented the city. However it wasn't too long ago that the owner was threatening to move the team. Before the hurricane there was a chance the Saints would leave the city. This is the only team the city pays to see and while there is one hell of a nightlife here there is much more to do in South Florida. However, that's no excuse. The Dolphins have roots in South Florida but they haven't won consistently in years.

As of this off season the team has tried to replace the head coach and will try to replace the staring QB.

I can't disagree with the Phins having fairweather fans. There are so many snowbirds and people from the Caribbean and other countries. There was very little of that here until after Hurricane Katrina. The Saints are New Orleans. I am a die hard Phin fan and would love to live there and see every game.

On Sunday during football season, during a Saints game you walk the streets naked. Everyone is at home watching the Saints. There is rarely another game on tv when the Saints play. People here are Saints fans as opposed to football fans.

The fact that there is no offseason, camps, FREE AGENCY!, etc...makes a huge difference

Not sure if I by this "report".. Oakland has one of the biggest fan bases in the NFL but yet they are last on this list?

Oakland has the worst attendance in the NFL. The numbers are available via the NFL. You'd be shocked just how little support Oakland has these days

edit: whatever I'm bored I'll do the research for ya

http://espn.go.com/nfl/attendance

It's why Oakland *should* be the team to move to LA. It isn't a huge move for them

not to disagree,but theres plenty of things to do in new orleans...and plenty of out of towners.to top it off the population isnt even what it used to be...

The biggest difference is the Saints are a winner right now and the dolphins are not. If the dolphins were winning like the saints you would most likely see a much bigger following.

this is almost 100% due to miami being comprised of ppl from all over the country. that is all. The reason the Jets have a small share is for a few reasons 1)the Giants run this area - 2) the same reason that there are many different ppl here 3) This is a baseball town (which has little to do with it, as football is still huge here esp in NJ)

who cares about that though, there are a multitude of dolphins fans everywhere esp around here. nationally they are a big team.

We have sucked for close to a decade now. You also won't see anything regarding Dolphins football in the "targeted" market which I happen to be in. They do a pretty ****ty job of that in my opinion to attract new fans.

Back
Top Bottom