Achane/Brooks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Achane/Brooks

Win now seems the mantra. I would not consider the monetary ramifications at this point. If we have a chance at signing Cook we should do it. After all it seems he wants to come to the team.
Who's the odd man out if this materialized?
I would be surprised if we sign Cook. I say that because we would not have drafted Achane if Cook was doable.
If we do sign Cook, then it would be Ahmad and Gaskins out.

I would be surprised if we sign Cook. I say that because we would not have drafted Achane if Cook was doable.
If we do sign Cook, then it would be Ahmad and Gaskins out.
I thought when we drafted A-Train Achane, we were out of the Cook sweepstakes. Only to find out we tried to trade for Deandre Swift after we drafted Achane. So, if the contract is doable, I think we just might go all in on Cook and try to win the Super Bowl in the next two years while Tua is on a Cap-Friendly contract. And if Cook is picked up by us then Gaskin for sure is the odd man out. They value Ahmed over Gaskin.

I really don’t think brining in Cook will have any impact on signing Wilkins or Seiler to a long term deal. I think if Cook comes here it’s on a 2 year front loaded deal. Wilkins signing an extension would lower his cap hit this season, which would help accommodate a front loaded Cook contract. I really don’t see one canceling out the other here.

Chris Brooks is this year’s ZaQuandre White (i.e. come September he’ll be putting the M.I.A. in Miami).

Back
Top Bottom