Acquiring a 4th First Round Pick | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Acquiring a 4th First Round Pick

Miami tends to have a rash of injuries at WR. Preston Williams and Parker have had injuries. Can you argue with any pick? This team had lacked talent and depth for 30 years
I see your point, but yes, I can argue a pick of WR high, when the O-line is atrocious, and we are not even sniffing the playoffs until that is addressed.

I know we have FA, and cap space, but I prefer getting the tackle position via the draft. Specifically this draft, as a year of experience (minimum) is usually required to be good at the position.

I see your point, but yes, I can argue a pick of WR high, when the O-line is atrocious, and we are not even sniffing the playoffs until that is addressed.

I know we have FA, and cap space, but I prefer getting the tackle position via the draft. Specifically this draft, as a year of experience (minimum) is usually required to be good at the position.
TO me, there are so many staggering options at WR this year, we need to grab one. Fixing the trenches needs to happen but need to keep adding offensive weaponry.

TO me, there are so many staggering options at WR this year, we need to grab one. Fixing the trenches needs to happen but need to keep adding offensive weaponry.
Perhaps, but how many are "staggering" beyond mid rd2?

It is an either/or situation IMO. Taking a WR, if he's on the BPA tier, is fine but not with any of our first 4 picks.

How many sure fire WRs are there after that, is anyones GUESS.

Perhaps, but how many are "staggering" beyond mid rd2?

It is an either/or situation IMO. Taking a WR, if he's on the BPA tier, is fine but not with any of our first 4 picks.

How many sure fire WRs are there after that, is anyones GUESS.
To me it would just depend who else is left on the board.

we don't know about free agency. We assume they are Day 2 and Day 3 shoppers, but it could be a smokescreen

How about this scenario, bro:
QB falls to us at 5. We keep 18 and 26, however, based on current draft chart, we use 39/56 to get into the 20-21 range? So we leave Round 1 with 5/18/20 or 21 and 26

we don't know about free agency. We assume they are Day 2 and Day 3 shoppers, but it could be a smokescreen
It could be, but to me, it doesn't make sense to tie up that kind of money in the tackle position. If we we "a couple players away" from serious contention, it would be different.

It could be, but to me, it doesn't make sense to tie up that kind of money in the tackle position. If we we "a couple players away" from serious contention, it would be different.
I totally get it. I think (and I need to be careful saying this), that the ONLY positions I can see Miami making splashes on are the Oline. The reasons are glaringly obvious; having a weak offensive line for decades and the importance of having a stable, strong line as you draft the next quarterback.

How about this scenario, bro:
QB falls to us at 5. We keep 18 and 26, however, based on current draft chart, we use 39/56 to get into the 20-21 range? So we leave Round 1 with 5/18/20 or 21 and 26

You seem hellbent on getting another 1st just for the sake of it. But it doesn’t make sense unless there’s a specific player being targeted. Who? What’s the justification?

Picks 39 and 56 have value and can fill 2 needs rather than just one. The player being targeted at 20 or 21 better be worlds better than the combination of talent that could have been had with 39/56.

You seem hellbent on getting another 1st just for the sake of it. But it doesn’t make sense unless there’s a specific player being targeted. Who? What’s the justification?

Picks 39 and 56 have value and can fill 2 needs rather than just one. The player being targeted at 20 or 21 better be worlds better than the combination of talent that could have been had with 39/56.
It does really depend on the scenario.

If we were to trade 2 for 1, i woule probably rather have a next years #1.

How did the Mahomes trade go?

How did the Mahomes trade go?
Pointing to one individual success doesn't really mean that much.

How did that Trent Richardson trad up work out?

Blain Gabbert?
Rick Mirer?
Ki jana Carter?

I mean the list goes on and on for either side of the argument.

Is more important that we get the evaluation right on whatever picks we have.

I'm not opposed to moving up or down, depending on the situation. There is no one rule that covers all decisions

Pointing to one individual success doesn't really mean that much.

How did that Trent Richardson trad up work out?

Blain Gabbert?
Rick Mirer?
Ki jana Carter?

I mean the list goes on and on for either side of the argument.

Is more important that we get the evaluation right on whatever picks we have.

I'm not opposed to moving up or down, depending on the situation. There is no one rule that covers all decisions
your examples are pre-historic. Believe it or not, the impact of trading 2 1's for a player they feel will make an immediate impact is better value. You are foolish to think Miami won't move up and down this draft and whether you like it or not, somewhere, they will swap 2 for 1 or maybe 3 for 1. And your trades you brought up have NOTHING to do with my post. I was talking about trading back into round 1 in the later part. Thanks for trying though

Let’s face it our record for the past decade shows we do just about everything horribly. That being said, whether we trade up, trade down stay put it all comes down to drafting the right guys and picking the right guys in free agency. We could screw this up no matter what we do so let’s hope whatever we do makes the team better.
I think we could screw this up or be successful and I don’t think it matters if we give away a few picks or gather a few more just do it man

Back
Top Bottom