Acquiring a 4th First Round Pick | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Acquiring a 4th First Round Pick

your examples are pre-historic. Believe it or not, the impact of trading 2 1's for a player they feel will make an immediate impact is better value. You are foolish to think Miami won't move up and down this draft and whether you like it or not, somewhere, they will swap 2 for 1 or maybe 3 for 1. And your trades you brought up have NOTHING to do with my post. I was talking about trading back into round 1 in the later part. Thanks for trying though
No need for sarcasm.

My point was that any trade up, or down, can be good or bad. It depends on who available, and how accurate of a "grade" our evaluators have made, more then specific draft slots

Let's not get carried away with the difference in rd1 and rd2.

Is pick 31 really a huge difference than pick 34?

No need for sarcasm.

My point was that any trade up, or down, can be good or bad. It depends on who available, and how accurate of a "grade" our evaluators have made, more then specific draft slots

Let's not get carried away with the difference in rd1 and rd2.

Is pick 31 really a huge difference than pick 34?
yes it is huge. Why? In the flurry of round 1, if you can reset your board quickly and prioritize, you have less competition for that pick than the next day. Pick 33 is very sought after because GM's have been able to re-evaluate things. As for Miami, we pick 39, not 34 or 32 or 33. And if teams trade up, that further can eliminate who they want.

I'm curious, has Miami had super luck in round 4?:
2016 0
2017 0
2018 Ballege and Smythe
2019 0
I think that's hyperbole. Not being lucky in round 4 with picks is like saying you don't get smiled at by pretty girls on days you don't wear red underwear.

yes it is huge. Why? In the flurry of round 1, if you can reset your board quickly and prioritize, you have less competition for that pick than the next day. Pick 33 is very sought after because GM's have been able to re-evaluate things. As for Miami, we pick 39, not 34 or 32 or 33. And if teams trade up, that further can eliminate who they want.
What is the point we're trying for here? Just to get another 1st rounder because first rounders make us happy? I like your creativity of how we can move up. That's good to know. Now let's hope some great player slips to where we can get them using that model.

What is the point we're trying for here? Just to get another 1st rounder because first rounders make us happy? I like your creativity of how we can move up. That's good to know. Now let's hope some great player slips to where we can get them using that model.
you missed the point too. That's cool. Keep giving away picks for Tua and not getting back picks in round 1

you missed the point too. That's cool. Keep giving away picks for Tua and not getting back picks in round 1
I think both of your responses are answered by just reading mine more carefully. I said I like your creativity. I would love for them to do that if a great player slipped to where those 2nd round picks can get us.

Separately, my point on the 4th rounders with Mach 2, I don't have a stance on because it's entirely too speculative as we don't even know who we are getting at 5 let alone who is in 4th round. With that said, to simply rule out the 4th round as being pertinent because of not hitting on a 4th rounder in a few years seems kinda silly.

you 14 picks, why would you want to move back into the 1st round? You already have 3 first round picks, i think you guys get caught up on this 1st round nonsense too much, there are more 2nd and 3rd round selections that are still doing work in the NFL, thing is they shouldn't get too cute, everything is already laid out perfectly for the phins.

While I agree in general, I would not mind trading down with any one of our later 1st round picks if we could get another 1st round pick for this year and another 1st round pick for 2021 along with a 2nd round pick for this draft. That would still leave us with 3, 1st round picks and a new 2nd round pick this year and a new 1st round pick to add to our others in 2021. I see this as a very good thing.

Trading down with all our first round picks for similar trade packages seems to cross the line of diminishing returns, IMO. If we keep our first pick and trade down our other two while still maintaining 3, 1st round picks, seems to be the point where our overall benefits from more draftees has more value then trading down all 3 our 1st round picks for lower first round picks and more lower round picks. Just my general opinion.

I really don't care how they actually handle the draft as long as 50% or more of our selections become an integral part of our team for at least 5 or 6 years. I'm not looking for divas or hero's. I'm am looking for players who can help the offense run any play down the opposition's throat, or if they are defensive players, stop any play and make the other team look silly. I'm stating to get a little excited, but this pre-season has the potential to be ABSOLUTLY THRILLING. I wouldn't even mind getting TUA, if the opportunity comes up, without our spending any more for him then the draft pick we are at.

I suspect the secret to draft success this year will be what we do in free agency prior to the draft. This will have a significant effect on how we set up our draft board and to some extent, dictate where we will focus our draft in terms of position. Then we can look at the BPA at each draft position and our teams positional needs, then make the selection that best integrates into the team the coaches want.

As far as injuries go; there are always injuries in college football and the NFL. Injury free is good, but getting an insight into how well a player handles an injury in terms of identifying a problem before it gets out of control, or how effective a player is in dealing with a recovery may be even more important. Many of these injuries are recoverable IF the player takes the time required and follows the recovery guidelines religiously. We fans get selfish and impatient but the player REALLY needs to "follow the doctors orders". It takes a certain amount of time for the body to heal and rushing the recovery often causes more problems then it cures!

I wonder what nick name will this years team would get if we go to and win the Super Bowl?

We could hope that Tua is there at 5.... Trade down with the Raiders to get the 12th and the 19th pick.... Have 4 picks in the first round.

12. Kinlaw
18. Thomas
19. Weaver
26. Diggs

This gives us a true #2 corner... Howard is getting at least a 4 game suspension.
Kinlaw deserves to be in the discussion with Brown as the most dominate force inside
Thomas gives us an anchor on the left side of the line.
Weaver gives us a quality edge pass rusher.

If they take Tua at 5.... Sure I am going to be excited... Just do not trade up for the guy

We need as many picks as possible.

So if we take Tua at 5...

Weaver at 18 and then Diggs at 26

Then hope that Zack Baun or Jedrick Willis are there when we pick at the top of round 2

Back
Top Bottom