Acquiring the Under-used, Under-Utilized and Unappreciated | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Acquiring the Under-used, Under-Utilized and Unappreciated

Ballage is terrible. He runs right into defenders... Almost no vision. Maybe in a perfect world with a great line the holes are so big he can close his eyes and run for daylight... Not the case on this team currently.

I want a big strong bowling ball running back like Dillon 247 pounds and has the quickness to make cuts and show a couple steps of burst after stopping. Sign Eckler and draft Dillon... We can go out there with a combination of speed and power.

But all of this is moot unless they do something about the O line. Adding a fullback and a better blocking tight end are also part of this equation.
Great post. I think Miami seems to get it and have enough picks where at least by the 2nd round they are selecting a back.

I think you add talent anyway you can. That said. With the amount of money Miami has in free agency, I'd look for the Howard types there and hang onto draft picks.

Since we have such a large amount of picks this year and so many holes I thought it would be interesting to highlight any veteran players that Miami could acquire through trade. Players that are being under-used, under-utilized or unappreciated that may fit Miami's system better than their current system.

OJ Howard - I want to give credit to Kyle Crabbs of The Draft Network as I heard about the possibility of TB wanting to trade him on his podcast Draft Dudes. He also released an article (Studs & Duds: 2020 NFL Veteran Trade Candidates) on the subject. I think he does a really good job breaking down how TB under-utilizes Howard. He also mentioned on the pod that around the trade deadline last year a rumor that a late 1st was being floated around for him but the offer was pulled. Considering the news that Gesicki will be playing as a big slot in Gailey's offense maybe we can use Howard as an in-line blocker and receiver. Effectively Gesicki in a Aaron Hernandez role and Howard in a Gronk role. I realize that this would have been a much better fit if we still had O'shea as our OC but let me know what you guys think. I hope we could acquire him with our later 2nd this year but that may not be enough.

Haason Reddick - Seems as though Arizona has been bouncing him around different positions and he hasn't really been able to stick anywhere. Does his athleticism maybe fit better in our multiples Defense better than Arizona? I don't have fond memories of Vance Joseph running our D so maybe a change of scenery would help. Not sure about his value right now as he was picked 13th overall in 2017 but was benched for a few games last year. Maybe a 2021 3rd/4th?

Let me know what you guys think and if you can think of any other players that may fit Miami. I'd love to address one of the OT positions before the draft if possible.

I think Miami WILL investigate this type of player, but I doubt it has to be picks in exchange. Maybe the other team will consider someone on Miami's current roster, figuring they're "Under-used, Under-Utilized and Unappreciated." Actually, NOT signing thios type of player would surprise me.

I think Miami WILL investigate this type of player, but I doubt it has to be picks in exchange. Maybe the other team will consider someone on Miami's current roster, figuring they're "Under-used, Under-Utilized and Unappreciated." Actually, NOT signing thios type of player would surprise me.
I agree that the first route should probably be free agency but it seems like the TE's in free agency are similar to Gesicki. Hunter Henry and Austin Hooper seem to be the types of TE's that are purely receiving threats but I'm no blocking expert. There are just certain positions like OT and a TE that can both block and catch (Article on Howard being used more as a blocker) are harder to come by. For those positions we may have to use some draft capital.

I agree that the first route should probably be free agency but it seems like the TE's in free agency are similar to Gesicki. Hunter Henry and Austin Hooper seem to be the types of TE's that are purely receiving threats but I'm no blocking expert. There are just certain positions like OT and a TE that can both block and catch (Article on Howard being used more as a blocker) are harder to come by. For those positions we may have to use some draft capital.

I'm not disagree, only pointing out the obvious - Miami may offer either type of capital, picks or players, in addition to signing FAs. Regardless how it's done, I think Miami will spend a lot of time evaluating these types of players.

I hope they are not thinking about using a 2nd rounder on a RB.

3rd day only for RB thank you.

Use the valuable early picks on positions that are harder to fill than RB.............like all of them.

Other than TE or an explosive WR to go with the tall guys Miami has I do not want to see Day-2 picks used on "skill" positions.

Build the LOS and the secondary.

And find a QB if there is one you really like.

Use the valuable early picks on positions that are harder to fill than RB.............like all of them.

Other than TE or an explosive WR to go with the tall guys Miami has I do not want to see Day-2 picks used on "skill" positions.

We need a running game. The stable is empty.

We need a running game. The stable is empty.
I don't think we should use any draft capital on the RB position this year. At the very least not use any picks from the first 3 rounds. I just think we have way too many holes and were not at a point where we can take advantage of a rookie running backs cheap contract. I'd much rather use a stop gap for a year or two and use our picks on qb, LOS and secondary like jimthefin mentioned. I'd like one or even 2 of the following cheap options in order:
1. Kareem Hunt - I seen it first on Reddit I think and a couple of the guys from 3ypc mentioned him as well. I think he's a great back and would be cheap due to his off field issues. I don't see the browns matching an offer.
2. Gus Edwards - good stop gap back. Hasn't had the chance to have his own back field but he's decent and should be cheap.
3. One of the Redskins backup RB's Derrius Guice/Bryce Love. Guice hasn't been able to stay healthy and Redskins are bringing back AP. He was drafted by the prior management group so maybe we can get him cheap like a day 3 pick. He has a ton of talent if he could ever get healthy. Love is a bit of the same story but I liked him a bit less than Guice. Was great in college and coming off an injury.
4. Jordan Howard - he can't catch whatsoever but he runs really well. I wouldn't mind him.
5. Matt Breida - good back, couldn't take control of the rbbc in San Fran and seems a bit fragile/can't seem to stay healthy.
6. Devonta Freeman - Falcons are in cap trouble and sounds like he will be cut. He's just not the same player he used to be but I'd kick the tire on him. He'd be an ok stop gap. Only if he came cheap of course.
7. Alex Collins - we already brought him in so maybe this is unlikely but he seemed like a good back minus the fumbles. If he could get that under control he'd be a good stop gap.

Back
Top Bottom