Acquiring Vincent Jackson an Off Season View | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Acquiring Vincent Jackson an Off Season View

Try thinking of it this way, as far as the 1st and 3rd thing goes.

Would you rather have Teddy Ginn and Patrick Turner or, Vincent Jackson.

Or how about this one....

Would you rather have Jason Allen and Derek Hagen or, Vincent Jackson.

I think it is said something like....a bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

The Dolphins could know what they are getting for their 1st and 3rd or they could just go gambling again, and they really aren't that good at it.
Just because our Former coaching staff didnt know how to draft doesnt mean the SD coaching staff doesnt know how to pick players

I traded Ginn & a 5th rounder to Houston for A. Johnson.
I traded Wilson & a 6th to Baltimore for Reed.
I traded Ricky & a 7th to Minny for Peterson.
I traded Channing to Oakland for a 1st and a 3rd.
I traded the 1st and a 3rd to Baltimore for Ray Lewis.

My Madden Team Rocked this year.
Chubbs

Wow that was a lot more than advertised! I thought I was going to read a thread about Vincent Jackson, instead I got Michael, Jermaine and Tito too! Dude you have way too much time on your hands an off season of moves for the improvement of the Miami Dolphins by Elliot 1, with special thanks to Elliot 1 for 15 additional comments on his own post. I want in! Give me some of that Kit Kat Bar! This is the nuttiest thing I have ever seen but I would like to get Vincent in here!

That's the point of the thread. To show that holes could still be filled. Improvements can still be made.

It isn't like we are giving up 2 draft picks. We are getting our player. Yes,
the 3rd round pick is the pick in question.

Any team would give a 1st round pick for Vincent Jackson. The pick in question, is the 3rd round pick.

There are a ton of rookie prospects that the Dolphins can get for 1 draft pick.

None of them, even resemble Vincent Jackson. Jackson is far bigger,faster, stronger, and smarter than any of them.

Jackson was the best WR in the NFL last year if you go by PFF.
http://profootballfocus.com/by_posi...=r&runpasamp;teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

The real question isn't, would you give a 1st and a 3rd for Vincent Jackson?
because if you draft a guy, you are still giving up a pick. The real question is'
would you give up the extra 3rd for the best WR in the NFL who is still young and would produce at a high level for at least the duration of a 5 year contract.

This is the question. The rest of the thread is just a hodge podge of different stuff to show that the holes can still be filled.

I don't want to overpay Ryan Pickett to play NT for the Dolphins, but haven't you guys had it with Soliai?
I know it's hard to let go, he has Shaun Rogers athleticism, but he doesn't know how to use it. It just doesn't appear he is going to get it. But he isn't worthless. How many 350 lbls. guys can run a 5.1 forty.

The opportunity to improve this team dramatically is there. But it will cost a fortune this 1 year. The question really is....Are they willing to spend an extra
20 million dollars or whatever on FA's.
Again, there are bigger needs on this team than WR. Therefore giving up a 1st and a 3rd for one would be stupid.

Back
Top Bottom