Acquiring Vincent Jackson an Off Season View | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Acquiring Vincent Jackson an Off Season View

Elliott 1

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Stephen Ross and friends, get your checkbooks out.

Can it really be done?? I think so. A huge front loaded contract offer may keep the Chargers from matching, but the amounts would have to resemble a Pete Carroll like deal.

Is he worth it? I think so. Guys this big,strong and fast are almost nonexistent; and he is brilliant as well. He scored something in the 30's on his wonderlic, which for a center is pedestrian but for a WR it's very high.

Going this way will cost a lot more than just his deal. It means signing an extra
high priced FA. It means bringing back veterans Taylor,Ferguson and Pennington.
Draft picks are much cheaper.So this is the look I came up with.

Acquire FA's Vincent Jackson,NT Ryan Pickett,Ben Watson and S John Wendling.Wendling was just cut by Buffalo. Wendling is a special teams ace who wasn't given a chance to start or play much at all because of their great depth at the position.Pickett will have to be overpaid, I don't see much choice.
Re-sign: Jason Taylor,Jason Ferguson, and Chad Pennington

Trade Tyler Thigpen,Phillip Merling, and a 6th to the Rams for their 2nd.Looks like Leonard Little is gone for sure now that the tampering is being done successfully. Bulger's locker is empty and Boller isn't being asked back. Rams probably still draft a youngster and still pursue Vick, but Thigpen could be a great choice for a #2.
I know opinions on these guys vary widely. Some want Thigpen to have a legit shot at beating out Henne and others see Thiggy as another AJ Feely,a wasted draft pick. I flat don't know but with keeping Pennington he becomes expendable. Merling is good, but there just isn't room on the roster for all our up and comers at the DE position. We can't get anything for McDaniel or Baker or Illama-Francis or Dotson, so I say, get what we can for Merling and give Baker and Illama-Francis a shot. I think,given a year or two Illama-Francis may surprise. He was a 2nd round pick.

Trade Gibril Wilson and Paul Soliai to KC for their 3rd. Mike Brown is 33 and an extreme injury risk, and the Chiefs played a 3-4 last year without a traditional NT. Soliai is an amazing athlete but I just think the Dolphins need to get a little smarter as a team. Soliai ran 5.10 forty at 350 lbs but he also got a 9 on his wonderlic. Gibril just really let us down at crucial moments last year, but he actually graded out very high. He will return to SS and quite probably earn his money in KC, but he is anethema in Miami.

Trade Channing Crowder and Patrick Turner for a 2011 pick. I don't think Crowder would be happy and productive if moved and or demoted so, ya know, movin on. Turner becomes obsolete with the acquisition of the star.

Dolphins trade down in the 2nd and acquire a 4th.
Dolphins trade their two 6ths and a 7th to move up into the 5th and get Moats.

Draft:
2nd...........Sergio Kindle...............ILB...*IQ* *HC*
2nd...........Jon Asamoah...............OG..4yr starter at RG *IQ* *HC*
3rd............Akwasi Owusu-Ansah...FS/CB/PR/KR Probably the #2FS,dime,PR
4th............Joe Pawelek............ILB...Genius,too small, too slow,so was Zach
4th............Blair White..............WR..Genius,an absolute steal here.
5th............Arthur Moats...........OLB...Nolan's new Dumervil
7th............Abe Koroma.............NT..Character issues but a nice P.S. guy.

Roster:
QB...........................Henne,Penny,White
RB...........................Ronnie,Ricky,Cobbs,Sheets
FB...........................Polite,Hilliard
WR..........................Jackson,Hartline,White,Bess,Ginn
TE...........................Fasano,Watson,Haynos
OT..........................Long,Carey,Garner,Gardner
C/OG.......................Grove,Smiley,Asamoah,Berger,Thomas

DT..........................Pickett,Ferguson
DE..........................Starks,Langford,McDaniel,Baker,Illama-Francis
ILB.........................Pawelek,Kindle,Torbor,Anderson
OLB........................Taylor,Wake,Moses,Moats,Johnston(LS)
S...........................Bell,Clemons,Owusu-Ansah,Culver,Wendling
CB.........................W.Allen,Davis,Smith,J.Allen[With W.Allen the nickel in the rotation.]
K..........................Carpenter
P..........................Fields

How much weed have you smoked & how many hours of Madden have you been playing baked.

Sergio Kindle is not a ILB that i really dont want him in Miami he is a OLB

Sergio Kindle is not a ILB that i really dont want him in Miami he is a OLB

Yup, pretty radical move for young Kindle, but I think he'd be up to it. He was always on the honor roll. Mentally, I doubt he'd have any problem moving inside.
It would not take much to improve upon Ayodele's performance. Kindle is a great athlete and an excellent tackler but I'm not sure about his coverage skills. Good speed and long arms won't hurt though.

Why would KC give a 3rd for Gibril Wilson? Even with Soliai, there's no chance that would happen.

Isn't Vincent Jackson restricted anyway? I figure at the least, he'd be franchised.

Not a chance SD will let him walk.

Isn't Vincent Jackson restricted anyway? I figure at the least, he'd be franchised.

Not a chance SD will let him walk.
i dont think he will be Franchised i think they will put a first and a third round tender on him and no one is going to touch him but if they do they know they get 2 great picks for him

Why would KC give a 3rd for Gibril Wilson? Even with Soliai, there's no chance that would happen.

Take a look here. It's pretty self explanatory. KC's safeties are either old and injury prone or just plain bad. They need to draft OL on the 1st day. Everybody knows that.

As far as Soliai goes, what do you think his trade value is?

i dont think he will be Franchised i think they will put a first and a third round tender on him and no one is going to touch him but if they do they know they get 2 great picks for him

Try thinking of it this way, as far as the 1st and 3rd thing goes.

Would you rather have Teddy Ginn and Patrick Turner or, Vincent Jackson.

Or how about this one....

Would you rather have Jason Allen and Derek Hagen or, Vincent Jackson.

I think it is said something like....a bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

The Dolphins could know what they are getting for their 1st and 3rd or they could just go gambling again, and they really aren't that good at it.

Try thinking of it this way, as far as the 1st and 3rd thing goes.

Would you rather have Teddy Ginn and Patrick Turner or, Vincent Jackson.

Or how about this one....

Would you rather have Jason Allen and Derek Hagen or, Vincent Jackson.

I think it is said something like....a bird in the hand is worth more than two in the bush.

The Dolphins could know what they are getting for their 1st and 3rd or they could just go gambling again, and they really aren't that good at it.

or would you want J.Long and K.Langford or V.Jackson!

Back
Top Bottom