Actually Kind Of Excited About Flores | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Actually Kind Of Excited About Flores

Pretty impressive what NE has done against three of the top offenses in the league during the playoffs. If all you listened to was Tony Romo you would think it was BB making all the calls when clearly the cameras showed Flores making the defensive calls. I have been hoping at the very least Flores will make this defense comparable or even better than the late 90's and early 2000's ones. It looks promising from that standpoint but will obviously take time.

Here's an observation and I doubt there's disagreement. Last night's game was a clear display of the importance of coaching.

That's why I think BB is more important than Brady

Not surprised the Tannehill hate crew is all over you for that comment. It’s like their arms and legs fall off when they read something positive about Tannehill.

I honestly think Tannehill would have had same problems Goff did just due to the situation Goff was in. No one was getting open (with a few exceptions, that late would be 30yd TD throw for instance) and guys were constantly in the backfield harassing Goff.

I wanted the Patriots to lose last night, but the defense they called was great. I couldn't be mad at them for how they shut down the Rams' offense. Knowing that Flores, the man behind that shut down is coming to us had a positive effect on me during the game.

The only question I have after last night is will Ernie Adams be voted in to the HOF as a contributor on the first ballot with Bellicheat and noodle arm Tom.

Another Bellicheck coordinator who failed as an NFL head coach, Nick Satan did not win many games in his second season with the Dolphins. He did manage to upset the Cheatriots using stolen signals. I wonder where he learned to do that.

He has built a Hall of Fame career on having more information than his opponent and knowing how to use it. And those who know him best understand that. Nick Saban was Belichick’s defensive coordinator in Cleveland. When Saban left Louisiana State for the Dolphins in 2005, he insisted that his defense change its signals before playing the Patriots. “They’ll get them,” Saban said, according to one staffer.

In Saban’s second year Miami upset New England. In the locker room afterward two Dolphins players said they benefited from inside information: Their team had purchased audio of Brady’s signal-calling, and it helped them figure out what play was coming.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2015/09/08/patriots-cheating-suspicions-bill-belichick-tom-brady

I’m quite excited about Flores becoming the next head coach. I know that there are a long list of former assistant coaches becoming failed head coaches (such as Dave Wannstedt), but I like the idea that Flores is going to tear it all down and start again. It was painfully clear after the Dolphins lost their last three games that the team and the coaching regime was unsustainable, so something had to be done. As a fan, I’m willing to take my medicine for this season if I see marked improvement in the roster and scheme, knowing that 2020 will be another positive step towards building a steady year-in year-out contender after that.

Excited for Flores, he won't have a QB worth a damn unless they get lucky in the draft or do something really dumb, but the defense should finally improve as long as Grier doesn't f*** up again in round 1.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom