Adam Beasley Article | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Beasley Article

dolfan91

Class Clown
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
He has an article up on the state of the Dolphins now and in the future. It's a good good read. In it he states 3 very surprising things about Grier, 1) He was set on gaining more draft capital for the future. 2) He was all about gaining and extra #1 pick in 2020, but the value of Wilkins was greater. And finally 3) He wasn't relinquishing pick # 48, because he knew he had an opportunity to gain another #2 in 2020. If anyone knows how to post the link, please do!! I don't know how to do that stuff. This is the kind of GM, I was hoping for. He knows what it's going to take to get Miami back on top.

Last edited:
He has an article up on the state of the Dolphins now and in the future. It's a good a good read. In it he states 3 very surprising things about Grier, 1) He was set on gaining more draft capital for the future. 2) He was all about gaining and extra #1 pick in 2020, but the value of Wilkins was greater. And finally 3) He wasn't relinquishing pick # 48, because he knew he had an opportunity to gain another #2 in 2020. If anyone knows how to post the link, please do!! I don't know how to do that stuff. This is the kind of GM, I was hoping for. He knows what it's going to take to get Miami back on top.

And another big factor IMO is, He's also got some real NFL Heavys who's input I'm sure is enlightening... Caldwell, and McKENZIE...

Success or No success this team is definitely working on another level...

I love Christian Wilkins, so I'm not bashing the pick and I think he will be a stud for a long time.

However imagine that alternate universe where we traded from 13 to 25, got a 2020 1st round pick and got Montez Sweat at 25?

Okay, back to reality. Still hyped for our future. The FA2 period should be interesting for us as it won't affect comp picks and most will be 1 year deals

It sounded to me, Grier may have had an opportunity to trade down from #13 and had a #1 in 2020 offered. But instead stayed put and drafted Wilkins instead? It also sounded like he was upset to not have picks in several rounds. He states in the article that, "It won't happen again". That sold me on him right there.

Having extra picks every year is the way to build a good team and to continue to be good. NE always seems to be drafting late in the first round but they always have extra picks in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th rounds and that's where you build your team. It takes more than your first rounder to build a winner.

And another big factor IMO is, He's also got some real NFL Heavys who's input I'm sure is enlightening... Caldwell, and McKENZIE...

Success or No success this team is definitely working on another level...
And Marvin Allen from the KC Front Office

The team does definitely seem to be drafting better in recent years. It also seems to have a more coherent approach. They didn't have a balls deep FA and get the hottest most expensive names out there. Acquiring more picks for next year. Kicking the tires on a potential franchise QB. Grier has been seemingly pretty impressive to this point. I so hope Flores finally gives us the coach we've needed.

It sounded to me, Grier may have had an opportunity to trade down from #13 and had a #1 in 2020 offered. But instead stayed put and drafted Wilkins instead? It also sounded like he was upset to not have picks in several rounds. He states in the article that, "It won't happen again". That sold me on him right there.
There was a deal supposedly on the table with an NFC team (Eagles?) that Grier backed out of at the last second

Back
Top Bottom