Adam Beasley: Flores Gaining Momentum

Discussion in 'Miami Dolphins Forum' started by Agua, Jan 7, 2019.

1. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

How are you going to keep a straight face and tell me the Bucs tanking for Jameis was a “home run”?

6-10, 9-7, 5-11, 5-11

Not exactly over the hump eh?

fin415 and NBP81 like this.
  2. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

25 years, guy.

How long do we need to watch incompetent people ruin a franchise before bitching is appropriate? 50 years? A cool century?

**** that noise. So sick of waiting months for football to be back then being over it within a month because I know EXACTLY where the season is headed. I want more.

3. finomenal

finomenal FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Don't personal attack me bro :lol:

BobDole likes this.
  4. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Home run example of tanking.

You messing with me? :lol:

Daytona Fin likes this.
  5. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Come on, guys. * Home run example of tanking *

Geesh.

Daytona Fin likes this.
  6. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

Im probably misreading the argument, which is fine because I know where you coming from. FWIW, I would be much more comfortable with tanking had they purged everyone... Im very afraid that we tank and end up being a 5 win team for the next 10 years, not being able to come back up after the tank job... In other words, if you think being 8-8 year in year out sucks, wait till they find a way to be 4-10 year in year out...

7. Adam Strange

Adam Strange Question Authority Finheaven VIP

What’s the difference? 7/8 wins, 3/4 wins. Neither team is going to the playoffs. 7/8 wins just makes it easier to keep selling the team as being “competitive “ to the homers and lets the Dolphins fans with delusions of grandeur lord the mediocre record over the “really bad” teams, as if it made a difference.

HarryBagpipe and BobDole like this.
  8. NBP81

NBP81 Yippi ka yay mother******! Finheaven VIP Donator

We all have different reasons for watching football, there are 16 football games in a season and I watch them all... After 10 years of watching football on sundays, I'd much rather have enjoyed watching 80 wins than 40 wins... Would I like more? of course, but I dont control any of that **** so...

Crump likes this.
  9. Dolph N.Fan

Dolph N.Fan A True Fan

Lol can’t wait until the season comes back and then when it starts we can’t wait until the season ends, usually around Halloween

BobDole likes this.
  10. russianbear

russianbear FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

Haha it’s definitely a clear as day example of a team tanking, and it just also happens to be a clear as day example of how tanking can lead you right back to mediocrity.

I’d rather build a team the old fashioned way. Solid drafting and player development.

Starts with a good coach.

Ray R and BobDole like this.
  11. BobDole

BobDole Suck it Trebek

Yeah, I'm not brimming with confidence this team can even properly tank (bad QB and no vets ... not overly hard) but I'm not seeing a better, more immediate, option. I'd also have rathered them clean house but that just isn't Ross' thing ... loves shuffling deck chairs.

The NFL is set up in such a way that it's legitimately hard for teams to be as bad as long as the Browns were or as mediocre as long as the fins are. 1 good draft and a QB and fortunes change. I'd still rather take the chance on the better draft pick, however.

Who the hell knows if the fins are actually going to attempt a tank job so this could all be academic. Just conjecture and opinion and wishful thinking.

NBP81 likes this.
  12. Ray R

Ray R FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

I hope in the near future you can lift the shroud of secrecy.

13. Ray R

Ray R FinHeaven VIP Finheaven VIP

When I read that Vegas has set the odds and that the Media is saying the same thing, I wonder if this is a case of the media parroting Vegas as opposed to an independent determination made by the news media.

14. LOLPhins

LOLPhins Active Member

I am pro-do whatever it takes for this franchise to be sustainable long term and be a consistent winner. I don’t care what it takes. I wouldn’t say I am pro tank but I am certainly anti- spin your wheels in perpetuity, as they’ve been doing. Would I rather they go 3-13 next year than 6-10, 7-9, or 8-8? Absolutely. Those few extra wins don’t mean anything.

If you really consider that some winning culture, let me know how that has worked out the last 15 plus years. We’ve now gone through 6 coaches (9 if you count interim coaches) in the last 15 years, with the team only having a really bad win/loss record a few times.

I’d gladly suffer through a couple 3-13 type seasons if it means getting a top tier QB either at their original draft slot or having to trade fewer assets than they would had they won a few more games and getting on track. Tell me, how much did those meaningless wins down the stretch in 2011 matter at the end of the day?

15. Casas9425

Casas9425 A True Fan

Alex Marvez says the feeling around the league is that Kris Richard will be the head coach in Miami.