Adam Beasley: Flores Gaining Momentum | Page 22 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Beasley: Flores Gaining Momentum

In your opinion since you watched so many of those hawks games what did Richard do or not do in those games that eventually got him fired? What was the fatal flaw.

I would suspect that he was the sacrificial lamb. After failing to make the playoffs for the first time in 6 years they had to sacrifice someone. His defense was a bit worse than the previous year. After he left the defense ranking has continued to fall. Hard to stay at #1 for that long of a period.

I would suspect that he was the sacrificial lamb. After failing to make the playoffs for the first time in 6 years they had to sacrifice someone. His defense was a bit worse than the previous year. After he left the defense ranking has continued to fall. Hard to stay at #1 for that long of a period.

Agreed. He had top 3 scoring defense in his first few years and they fell to 13th in his final year. There was many injuries and drama in Seattle, someone had to go. Perhaps a fresh voice...

I would rather have Richard.All the former Pats coaches that get head coaching jobs suck and I don't think he will be any different.

I am good at remembering pivotal points in time...what the thinking was and how that influenced decisions. That type of thing doesn't always show up upon backfit many months or years or decades later. It is the reason I try to mention stuff like Kenny Easley always considered superior to Ronnie Lott in college, while playing at rival schools in the same town. You aren't going to pick that up while scrambling for bios or stats, etc.

That Rams game late in 2017 really jolted the Seahawks. I was following the Rob Staton blog and another Seahawks blog. The team obviously had declined but there was still hope of a playoff berth and ongoing legitimacy. But that all came crashing down when the Rams went in there and embarrassed Seattle 42-7. The Rams were the new glamour team under McVay and Goff, etc. They were sweeping through the league but Seattle had reason to be smug because the Seahawks went into Los Angeles early in the year and shut down the Rams offense, winning 16-10 as small underdog. I remember that result being a comfort blanket among Seahawk fans for the next couple of months. Nobody can shut down the Rams but we did.

The second game was basically pick-em to Seattle a 1 point favorite. Pivotal game for both teams. Seattle could still win the division. They were 8-5 to the Rams' 9-4. As mentioned, Seattle won the first matchup so obviously they would hold the tiebreaker with a series sweep.

The game was televised in the late Sunday time slot on Fox. I watched it in Miami. The Rams were so dominant it was like a high school game with a running clock. The score was 34-0 at halftime then quickly 40-0 midway through the 3rd quarter. Keep in mind this game was played at Seattle. Gurley was waltzing into the end zone, schemed so wide open there wasn't much he had to do but laugh.

The Rams were merciful the remainder of the game.

All the fancy reasoning and rationalizing and backfitting regarding why Kris Richard was fired is conveniently ignoring that single game and how pivotal it was to Seahawk mindset. I remember the stunned silence at the stadium, and then the reactions on the Seahawks blogs. Everyone agreed that sweeping changes had to be made. They just saw the direct comparison to their new division rival, and there was no comparison. I remember even the normally calm blog owner Rob Staton saying that pretend mode had to immediately be thrown out the window, that the remaining games of the 2017 season basically meant nothing in comparison to making meaningful changes on both sides of the ball.

I am good at remembering pivotal points in time...what the thinking was and how that influenced decisions.

Great recollection of the events that year. One other thing to mention is the Seahawks were ravaged with injuries that year. 235 I/R occurrences throughout the year. Some big time defenders in the list. Avril and Chancellor. D gave up 30 or more 3 times after Chancellor went down late in the year including the loss you mentioned to Rams.

By comparison the Dolphins has 134 I/R occurrences this year. Its amazing that Carroll even had the Seahawks with a chance for the playoffs that year.

Yeah I'm not buying Richard was set free to spread his wings bs.

Well, it's possible. I think we gotta at least close our eyes and pretend it's possible.

But then again, I'm looking for things to like about Kris Richard, because I think he will be our next coach. I have to try to like him. I want to like him.

Well, it's possible. I think we gotta at least close our eyes and pretend it's possible.

But then again, I'm looking for things to like about Kris Richard, because I think he will be our next coach. I have to try to like him. I want to like him.
After the Seahawks lost in playoffs in 2016, they failed to make it next year after being passed up by Rams in the division. There were rumors of Carroll being on the hot seat this season when he was 4-5. I don't think Carroll would let his best bud and "brilliant" DC walk out the door in those circumstances, at least if he felt that way about Richard. Sounds more like to me Richard was the fall guy for Carroll. I think had the Seahawks failed to make playoffs this year, there may have been a change there

Back
Top Bottom